Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I gotta fix for your red button issue Mal....they are trying to be like the iphone and HTC incorporated on here what they do on all their phones, there is a power button on the top you can use to sleep it instantly
  2.    #22  
    im posting between here n the other dude who has one...lol how do you change the shortcuts on the bottom? who the hell wants one to internet lol , once in sms seems like you HAVE to use touch screen to change folders cant use the nav key to move up to it like on every other phone? also signal is super bouncy, gettin picmail and sendin but others are not getting it...how do i turn off the audible sound when you press numbers on the today screen, that's annoying cant seem to find a way to silence that, doesn't do it the same way it did on 800w
  3.    #23  
    by the way did you put a case on it? I kinda like it without it looks super sexy but dang if i drop it lol what kinda case you have or getting ?
    Hotis, there is a registry key change to alter the "soft key" buttons. I don't know them off my head, but search around and they should turn up.

I'll try the power button trick.

re: case, yeah...it feels very, how should I put this, dainty? I'm not sure I'm going to keep it long to get a case, but yeah I would want one. It just feels too delicate!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    How is it compared to the 800w?
    I just bought a 800w - I don't like the look of the Pro anyway, but is it much better?
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    How is it compared to the 800w?
    I just bought a 800w - I don't like the look of the Pro anyway, but is it much better?
    Oh that's going to be real tough to answer.

My opinion so far:

The 800w's pros are the Treo Pro's cons; The 800w's cons are the Treo Pro's pros.

I like the ergonomics better on the 800w, but like some of the hardware better on the Treo Pro.

The 800w though is the better value, imo.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Which one would you pick, if you had to pick one?
    And is it a lot faster than the 800w?
    From the way people were waiting for the Pro on Sprint, it sounded like this was going to be a knockout, the Palm of the Century...
    So far, I don't feel too bad, but time will tell.
    I've only had the Treo Pro for a few hours, so I can't say. I'll need a few days.

There's a lot to like with both devices. It just depends on what you consider to be important.

Which one would you pick, if you had to pick one?
    Mal will never answer that question. He's too smart to get trapped like that.
    I can answer,
    the 800w.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Anyone who wants to trade their Treo Pro for my Treo 800 w/ the extended battery from Seidio, let me know!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I like the Pro so far because its thinner and got a 3.5 audio jack.

I dont like the Pro because it lost the upper L&R key and its shiny and glossy.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Mal will never answer that question. He's too smart to get trapped like that.
    lol

I Prefer the physicalness of the 800w but appreciate the Treo Pros improvements.

See, I'll always hedge. Lets just say at this point, I'm not feeling a strong urge to keep the Treo Pro. At least not yet.

I keep feel like I'm going to scratch, drop or smudge it. Dainty...it's too darn dainty!

From the way people were waiting for the Pro on Sprint, it sounded like this was going to be a knockout, the Palm of the Century...
    that is the pre not the pro.

the Pro is a significant update of the 800w. as speced it has some dozen improvements ofer the 800w and a couple of things some users might consider relative drawbacks.

The first being the battery which is the single biggest source of complaint on the 800w and something even people who love the 800w generally hate about it.

Next is standalone GPS whcih works ont eh Pro and doesn't on the 800w

Another big source of complaints was the missing audio jack with quite a number of threads dedicated to that and which the Pro has.

a 30% thinner device is something no one will complain about and a lot of people will prefer.

The very issues which were seen by treo central users as the core defencies were implemented on the next model. Does that mean Palm listened to these forums? Well probably most of the deficiencies were things they had already noticed but could not change on the 800w without it becoming t a permanently delayed device.

What I think the epside shows is that a good device can be improved to a much better device.

then you have pricing, $250 vs $100 or the Pro being 2.5 times the 800w. But I think people aught to always factor in theri monthy rate meaning for example if you are paying $50 and if you keep a handset on average of 18 months you should be thinking more like $250 x ($50x18): $100 x ($50 x 18) -- or $1150: $1000 or really only a 15% difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I keep feel like I'm going to scratch, drop or smudge it. Dainty...it's too darn dainty!
    #1 reason why I won't even consider an iPhone, and will probably skip on the Palm Pre. Just too darn easy to break!

(Though I must admit, when I see a co-worker or friend swinging their iPhone around for some accelerometer game, I keep praying that they will fling it into a wall. )
    I generally agree with Aero is saying, except for this: I feel like they got rid of all the good stuff on the 800w as well.

That's my biggest issue right now: no soft touch paint, no physical soft keys, keyboard is not as good, the buttons don't "click" as well, the Palm enhancements to the OS are all gone, reception is not as good

Had they just improved the 800w, I would be ecstatic--cause the Pro does "fix" a lot of stuff. Instead, this is a completely different device, one void of the usual "Palm ness", which made me a convert in the first place.

That's why I really want to mash the two devices together! lol

Rough analogy: it's like picking up and using my Nikon FE2 vs. a digital point and shoot, just as far as physical design, not function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I generally agree with Aero is saying, except for this: I feel like they got rid of all the good stuff on the 800w as well.

That's my biggest issue right now: no soft touch paint, no physical soft keys, keyboard is not as good, the buttons don't "click" as well, the Palm enhancements to the OS are all gone, reception is not as good

Had they just improved the 800w, I would be ecstatic--cause the Pro does "fix" a lot of stuff. Instead, this is a completely different device, one void of the usual "Palm ness", which made me a convert in the first place.

That's why I really want to mash the two devices together! lol

Rough analogy: it's like picking up and using my Nikon FE2 vs. a digital point and shoot, just as far as physical design, not function.
    Hey I am a FM2 fully manual shooter user from the day they came out. It takes me about one second to spot meter and ration out the available light to depth and shutter speed and half a second to focus. on our fully automatic it t all takes me about 30 seconds to figure out how to get what I want.

But I take your point.

I think we also need to reserve judgment until the big enchilada is known, whether they are tweaking the remaining memory and or explorer. most of the rest is known.

Is your reception bad? I hadn't seen that reported. I now from instore checking IMHO the gernal audio on the pro was better in the earpiece, louder on the headset, much better on the speakerphone.

I think once it is out we can do the pros and o cons.so people whith specific known usage, or even ones they have not considered but may care about, can be rationally compared. at $100 certainly the 800w will be better for some people where money is an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Is your reception bad? I hadn't seen that reported.
    I've seen two other posts now besides Mal's on it.

But I do agree we need to wait until it's officially released before passing any judgment.
    Hey I am a FM2 fully manual shooter user from the day they came out. It takes me about one second to spot meter and ration out the available light to depth and shutter speed and half a second to focus. on our fully automatic it t all takes me about 30 seconds to figure out how to get what I want.
    Yeah, something about the old craftmanship. I also have a mint Voightlander Vito B that is just...wow.

I think we also need to reserve judgment until the big enchilada is known, whether they are tweaking the remaining memory and or explorer. most of the rest is known.
    Oh there's really nothing bad about the Treo Pro, it's just not as "wow" as I thought it'd be. But I think it's a good phone. There's just a bit of shock for old Treo users I think, perhaps just me
    Is your reception bad? I hadn't seen that reported.
    It's just jumpy, but I need to see the RSSI numbers to really judge. Once again, it's not bad, just not great.
    I now from instore checking IMHO the gernal audio on the pro was better in the earpiece, louder on the headset, much better on the speakerphone.
    no argument: speakers/earpiece are louder and clearer

20.    #40  
    I think so far the Pro blows away the 800w but we are all subjective opinions here, my 800w would always have the evdo turn on randoms times of the day forever to drain the battery. The battery did suck on the 800w, windows would AT TIMES run laggy and slow on it. Pros of 800w TO ME really were just the soft paint, the sd card door, soft keys, and raised keys.

like the others said all the cons are really the pros on the PRO....I dont mind the shiny paint but I would have liked the soft paint, nothing that is a deal break IMHO, i basically love that the pro has everything HTC in it from a software standpoint EXCEPT the touchflo and that's good cause I hate touchflo it makes everything slow and that's evident on the diamond and touch pro..to me that software diffence, finally having the call screen of a HTC and not the usual treo's, and the additional software is worth the extra $50 alone TO ME...

so im loving it so far...there is always going to be things to annoy us...this doesnt exactly have a centro keyboard ill say though. It does use the same material yes but the spacing and size is WAY different so does make a difference in a good way.

I'm trying to get use to the htc sms screen cause the smileys are not there that's but but again the good is that it appears you can send the same text to AS many people as you want without having to edit the registry to expand the recipients.

Also however i kinda hate how the font is huge in sms lol it just looks weird being a forever treo user but oh well that's my two cents ill give more as the day goes on particularly interested to see how this battery plays out but so far i love it
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast