1.    #1  
    I really am enjoying all the tweaks and hacks that I have been able to apply to my 800w. One thing that I have not figured out completely is to get beezlewaxin's diagnostic drivers on my computer. I am running windows vista business service pack 1 with a 64 bit operating system. I have had them successfully install on a vista 32 bit computer and have applied hacks but it is somewhat annoying not being able to get into the QPST on my computer.

One of the problems I have found with 64 bit is that it requires drivers to be signed. Being hopeful and crossing my fingers, I learned how to sign the drivers myself and hoped that would solve the problem. This did not work and I have not yet found a solution. I don't even know if that was the only problem and have little experience with drivers.

Ultimately, I am wondering if anyone out there knows one of 3 things:
    1. How to edit beezlewaxin's drivers to work on 64 bit
    2. How to create new diagnostic drivers that work on 64 bit
    3. A good starting point (informational paper/instructions/tutorial) on how to do either of the previous two.

I am willing to learn how to create/edit drivers so any help would be appreciated. Also, if someone wants to make the drivers that does not have a 64 bit computer I would be willing to test them as well. Thanks to anyone that can be of assistance.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    What is the diagnostic drivers for?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  3.    #3  
    The diagnostic drivers are for applying hacks to the phone through QPST by Qualcomm. Search for qpst and you will find hacks pertaining to these drivers.
    There's a way of allowing your computer to use test signed drivers, and signing the drivers yourself with a test cert.

Googling should turn it up.

I know on Vista and Windows 7 you can choose to use old drivers in a "compatibility mode".
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    There's a way of allowing your computer to use test signed drivers, and signing the drivers yourself with a test cert.

Googling should turn it up.

I know on Vista and Windows 7 you can choose to use old drivers in a "compatibility mode".
    I have signed the drivers myself according to the microsoft whitepaper. Even with the drivers signed it still encounters a problem. The problem that I run into is that it is still not succeeding when I switch over to diag + passthru on my phone. I don't know if it is just the issue of signing it or if it is something else. When the drivers are initialized after switching the mode, something goes wrong. The prompts are not the same as when I did it on a 32 bit machine. I don't know exactly what is going wrong because I am not extremely familiar with how drivers work in the 64 bit environment but I do know that signing it alone does not work.

I have tried multiple things to get it to work that is why I created this thread to see if people smarter than me have any ideas. Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Has anybody found 64-bit DIAG drivers for Centro yet?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
    Has anybody found 64-bit DIAG drivers for Centro yet?
    I don't think they are out there. I have tried to see if anyone knows how to create them but I don't think anyone does. Kind of a bummer.