1.    #1  
    Friends,

Im wondering about something interested... In my webmail/groupware server (Kerio) I set for example several events in my calendar, some are all day events, so they occur at midnite.

Problem is, 11:45, 15 min before the event my phone alerts me...

I was hoping somehow my Treo could recognize that in Kerio I did NOT mark to send an alert about the event. And Treo/WM seems to not recognize that. It seems WM will simply either send alerts to events that will occur or not send alerts...

Is this assumption correct? Because I wanna get some alerts, but not all of them...

In worse case, what I will do is move my All day events (that occur midnite) to like 9 AM or so... Because I dont wanna get these alerts 11:45 PM when Im sometimes alseep

Not sure if I made myself clear, basically its about Win mobile recognizing an Exchange type of calendar event and the fact that its marked to send an alert or not. Is it possible?

Thanks!!
  2.    #2  
    I guess I have at least 1 workaround besides having to move all my "All day events (which are set to midnite). Disable sounds for events (reminders I believe, correct?)... And when I want to be alerted by an event Ill set Kerio to send reminder to my mail account which is setup in Treo with Flexmail using IMAP idle, so then it would alert me...

Please confirm if Im correct.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Could you set Calendar to not set reminders for new items as the default, and add your own reminders for events that do need them?

(Menu,Tools,Options, untick 'Set reminders for new items')
    I'm not sure I'm following you but I always set me all day events to remind me 5 hours before which is 7pm that way I am thinking about it before I go to bed.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the nice tips, guys.

Biggles, but that setting is just for events I create in Treo's calendar, right?

In other words, I dont think it will inherit settings that I set in my Kerio's webmail right?

So if I disable alerts, Id then put an event in my Kerio webmail (PC) then Id have to set it in Treo to alert me for that event?

I guess my idea might be best for me, when I set an event via Kerio webmail (usually I set it there and not in Treo), I make it go to some account where I download mail via Imap idle or every x min, then I get the alert for New message.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I'm not sure I'm following you but I always set me all day events to remind me 5 hours before which is 7pm that way I am thinking about it before I go to bed.
    I am having this same issue but my reminder are set for 10 days before so I can get a card in the mail. can it be set for 9 and a half days? or is there a way to tell it not to issue reminders between 10PM and 8AM? I was up at 12:15AM looking for this option today!