Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    You know, I think Sprint should just release the phone. It will save them alot of money. OK, some will get mad cause the phone suck.
    I also dont understand why company do not check it out first before releasing the phone. It now cost them even more to do recall.
    I am confused. there is no recall. a recall which is what thye would have with what you first suggest -- "just send them out" -- and would not save them money, but cost a fortune in both money, goodwill and branding.

recalls could cause a loss in the neighborhood of $300 per phone sold! they would release people from their contracts with no etc.

Best buyis the entity that could have the problem. Let's say there is a fix on these phones and we determine it. If it has one cent of value to the customer, and is not simultaneously actively pushed to phones already put there, here is what best buy is going to face:

Buyer with 60 day used phone bought outright comes in: "In need to return this phone. It hasn't been working correctly since I bought it and today I found on the internet you were prohibited from selling it to me. Here is the phone. Give me back my $700, keep a used phoen now worth $400."

Buyer with 60 day used phone bought with contract comes in: "I need to return this phone. It hasn't been working correctly since I bought it and today I found on the internet you were prohibited from selling it to me. Here is the phone. Give me back my $250. You also voided the contract by selling me a phoen that you were not supposed to. If Sprint wants an ETF they better come asking you not me, and by the way I feel you own me my $120 for the $60 a month I paid to use a phone that is not working correctly as well an that you were prohibited in writing by the carrier from selling but did anyway."

Sprint would have the same liability if they had been selling them, and if in fact a fix is promulgated for anything substantive. As it stands they probably have zero liability since they have sold none
    Has a device maker ever actually "recalled" a device?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Do you know from past history when the reseller would get a hold of some of new phone(Sprint Pro in this example) and sell on ebay?

Also I am sure the first month, there would be a frenzy on this phone and it would be high to buy one.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Do you know from past history when the reseller would get a hold of some of new phone(Sprint Pro in this example) and sell on ebay?

Also I am sure the first month, there would be a frenzy on this phone and it would be high to buy one.
    it's usually about the 5th week before theres enough of them not to be priced sky high. i always thought it had something to do with the 30 return day thing, but that never made since.

i could never wait that long and always went through sprint.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i always thought it had something to do with the 30 return day thing, but that never made since.
    It does make sense. Rebates typically said you had to keep it activated on the line for 30 days.
    So have any of you noticed cracks yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaster View Post
    So have any of you noticed cracks yet?
    I am very much doubting that will happen since Mal has noted handset bodies are the last thing on production.

Also this is protected by warranty if they occur in in similar places. With the GSM there may have been some footdragging by palm, but once you have the same problem documented among several users, as was the case, the probative burden of whether it is a defect or abuse shifts from the plaintiff (buyer) to the defendant (palm)
    Go check out the crack thread.
    I think Dieter said his brand new pro is cracked.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Go check out the crack thread.
    I think Dieter said his brand new pro is cracked.
    Cracks in a new GSM one, the crackling continues .

Oh boy, what will the Sprint Treo Pro owners be saying after about a month? Because it was not until about a month that the GSM owners were really talking a lot about the crackling.
    The cracking will destroy Palm. My buddy sent his GSM version in and it took 44 days to get it back. Well Palm fixed it but then they lost it so he got a new one (then I sold it on ebay for him). Most people have only one device so returning it for repairs will be impossible. Palm really doesn't need this.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    This is very bad news. I think I am not going to think of the Pro for now with all the cracking.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    This is very bad news. I think I am not going to think of the Pro for now with all the cracking.
    Please try and read the posts. Where do yo see "news"? The GSM models did have cracks

Do what you want but there are zero reported cracks the sprint model and you are protected by warranty.

I'd be perfectly happy if when i get mine on Sprint if it cracks because I would get a new one form the store in a minute.
    The cracking issue really puts me in a bad spot.
    I am working with a company that has software that runs on Palm OS devices and we are moving to Windows Mobile in March.
    I have a SERO account and my contract is up in September so I was looking forward to this Treo Pro until I heard about the cracks.
    Since our software was designed to run on the Palm OS screen that is 320 x 320 and I think they just did a direct port to WM, we are going to need WM 6.1 phones with the same 320 x 320 screens.
    That really limits what phones we can use. In fact there are only 3 right now: Samsung Saga on Verizon, Samsung Epix on ATT, and the Treo Pro on Sprint.
    I could switch carriers to get a Samsung, but it would be a very expensive switch.

Palm is getting on my nerves, I just wish there was a different phone available on Sprint now, or if there was a way to get the 320 x320 software running decent on the VGA screen Touch Diamond or Pro without it looking about the size of a postage stamp.

Also adding to my frustration is the fact that Palm doesn't support vista64 for our Palm OS devices now, plus if you go to Palm's website and download Palm Desktop for Vista 32, well, it doesn't work.
    You need Palm Desktop 4.1.4E which Palm lists as for XP, then when you synch it on vista 32 it works OK.
    Palm really needs to get their act together. If the Pre doesn't go over really, really, well I just can't see how they can survive.
    Sprint is good about replacing phones on the spot, that is true.
    I cannot complain about how they handle phone issues.

The GSM phones are all unlocked I think and not through any specific carrier yet so people buying them need to deal with Palm direct and that is what causes the delays.
    Other things I've noticed:

• Charging: Manual states it can up to 20 mins for the battery to kick back on if it is completely drained. I never run my batteries down but I know for some this was an issue on the 800w.
    • Backlight pops on sometimes. This is a common complaint with HTC devices and I've only seen it a handful of times, but yeah, sometimes the backlight will come on for no reason (or may be related to radio-state changes? i.e. roaming). It then takes, even with the keygoard on, 1 minute to shut off.
    • Keyguard: it's actually a nice size but it completely covers any incoming SMS message, which was just poor planning.
    • No cracks, but will keep an eye out. Honestly, I can see how cracks can happens. It is a thin plastic shell. But that doesn't mean they will happen either.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

• Backlight pops on sometimes. This is a common complaint with HTC devices and I've only seen it a handful of times, but yeah, sometimes the backlight will come on for no reason (or may be related to radio-state changes? i.e. roaming). It then takes, even with the keygoard on, 1 minute to shut off.
    I get that with my 800w so maybe it is a wm thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I have only seen the backlight come on by itself when there is incoming data such as SMS, MMS, or email in the 4 months I have had my GSMTP. Could this be the case here as well? I think the change in networks could be a plausible explanation as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

• Charging: Manual states it can up to 20 mins for the battery to kick back on if it is completely drained. I never run my batteries down but I know for some this was an issue on the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Why is Palm having their devices wait 20 minutes to start with a dead battery? This is not a complaint with HTC devices, so it's got to be something Palm is having put in.

Regarding the backlight, I had that issue with my Treo 650 (Palm OS) and Treo 800w (WM). No incoming calls, SMS or e-mail to trigger it and it often occurred around midnight. It could be a Sprint thing. I have not noticed it with my Touch Pro, but I'm not going to say it can't happen, it might be a Sprint thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Why is Palm having their devices wait 20 minutes to start with a dead battery? This is not a complaint with HTC devices, so it's got to be something Palm is having put in.

Regarding the backlight, I had that issue with my Treo 650 (Palm OS) and Treo 800w (WM). No incoming calls, SMS or e-mail to trigger it and it often occurred around midnight. It could be a Sprint thing. I have not noticed it with my Touch Pro, but I'm not going to say it can't happen, it might be a Sprint thing.
    I guess I wont be running my battery dead. LOL. Closest I have come is 5%. Waiting 20 minutes would be really inconvenient. Wow.

I do think the backlight issue sounds like a Sprint thing.
    I have run my Touch Pro battery down several times and never experienced the 20 minute delay charging issue. My 800 had that issue.

I had a bunch of backlight issues on my 800 (have started a few threads about it in the 800w section). Not a problem on the Touch Pro.

I hate keyguard, just don't need it. Well with front keyboards I can see using it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast