Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    I think aGPS is not on by default. Usign Schap's Advanced Config tool I turned it "on". Hmmm...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    In a drive around test with Pro and 800w side by side, using data, ie; google maps and some speed tests, the Pro was almost impossible to use. Google Maps couldn't update and phone would lose data connection, 800w worked continuously. When in one spot, the Pro worked fine but moving it was painful, phone locked up 3 times.

This could be unique to my area or maybe this is part of the problem that needs to be fixed. Wait for others to test this plus I will test again.
    Make sure that you have aGPS enabled and that you're using the correct port.
    Mal & Nxprime,

I think that the symptoms jim is mentioning are more about data connection as related to google maps downloading maps than gps and or agps funciton (acquisition or hold) and porting
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Mal & Nxprime,

I think that the symptoms jim is mentioning are more about data connection as related to google maps downloading maps than gps and or agps funciton (acquisition or hold) and porting
    That is correct, it lost data connection on google maps refreshing and other streaming tests of the data connection.
    phone locked up 3 times.
    Mal & Nxprime,

Yea and multiple lockups is simply unacceptable. If I was Jim, I might give it one more try, but after that I'd be running back to Best Buy and telling them give me one after they are updated. I'd get rid of that one before 30 days is up if it keeps having lockups.
    That is correct, it lost data connection on google maps refreshing and other streaming tests of the data connection.
    I think this may explain the rumored radio patch
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    yes it may, but are others seeing it? Mal?
    yes it may, but are others seeing it? Mal?
    I haven't tried moving with GPS yet, but so far the GPS seems pretty vanilla to me (forgetting the standalone part of course). It's not any more/less accurate than on the 800w and it's a tinge slower than the 800w with hacks.

re: data interruptions

Yeah, I've seen this a few times. In Live Search, it is sometimes remiss to download the map data. I've also turned on the device and saw the AS icon start spinning--like it was waiting to be powered on.

Will keep an eye on it more. It hasn't been a huge deal yet, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    800w comparison. (Keep in mind that though this is after a soft reset this isn't clean, I have a whole slew of stuff installed that eats up memory, like Sprint Titan which takes up almost 6 MB on it's own, MortScript, Redfly, etc.)

Storage:
    Total: 169 MB
    In Use: 137 MB
    Free: 32 MB

Program
    Total: 99 MB
    In Use: 48 MB
    Free: 51 MB

Bummer on the program memory. I'm usually only around 10-20 MB free, so I don't think the Pro would work for my use. Would be just fine for say the Mrs on the other hand.

I just uninstalled Titan. I now have almost 65 MB free.

I wonder how much of that memory usage is due to Titan....

I did not notice any slowdowns during use with Titan installed, but it definitely slowed down startup after a soft reset. In all fairness that's a warning Sprint gives on the Titan page.

If I used Opera Mini much I could probably justify it. But PIE and Skyfire covers all my needs. I really liked the way Titan worked, and the fact that it has a resume option in it. It's just that startup time that kills me.
    I just uninstalled Titan. I now have almost 65 MB free.

I wonder how much of that memory usage is due to Titan....
    Interesting tidbit: AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Titan$ $is$ $not$ $pre$-$installed$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $Pro$.

The icon is merely an IE link to that Titan page where you can download it

So I don't think that's the memory culprit.

Could you guys check something for me?

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    no need to reset.. just close via task mgr and restart, you're right, browsing history is bye bye
    This is an issue we have with the GSM Treo Pro:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=172311

you might also try a soft reset and see if the history is lost.
    Just call me Berd.
    found a real big one lol when you get a text on vibrate mode its just continues forever and doesn't stop no pause lol
    berdinkerdickle: I have browser history from yesterday and I've reset since then, so it looks like it's retained.

Here's the Gsm bugs:

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Here's our "official" bug list thread for the Treo Pro

Again, these should primarily be actual bugs/issues with the Pro itself and not new features or tweaks.

1. FIXED Bluetooth call waiting -- if a call waiting call comes in while you're using a bluetooth headset and ignore the second call by not doing anything, both calls get dropped.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=171894

2. Pocket IE cache/history -- if you forcibly exit PIE either via closing via Task Manager or resetting your device, the cache and history are lost.

3. Cannot silence the ringer by pressing any buttons as per the manual (and like other Treos)

4. After a missed call, clicking the green button dials back the missed called number rather then going to call history

5. Ringer from speaker with ringer switch off.

Steps:
    • The ringer switch should be in the on position so you get sound.
    • Connect a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones. I am using a pair of Motorola S9 headphones. Wait till you hear the connection sound in the headphones
    • Turn the ringer switch to mute...You will hear a beep in the headphone when you do this
    • Place a call to your phone and you should get the normal ringtone from the speaker on the device.

The trick is to connect the headphones before turning off the ringer switch. If you connect the headphones after you flip the switch it works correctly.
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to see if they fixed some of these for you guys.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    berdinkerdickle: I have browser history from yesterday and I've reset since then, so it looks like it's retained.
    good

I'd liked to see these all fixed in our Official Update that they hopefully release in the next 2 years.
    Just call me Berd.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Could you guys check something for me?

This is an issue we have with the GSM Treo Pro:

you might also try a soft reset and see if the history is lost.
    Just tried it and browser history is retained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Interesting tidbit: AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Titan$ $is$ $not$ $pre$-$installed$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $Pro$.

The icon is merely an IE link to that Titan page where you can download it

So I don't think that's the memory culprit.
    Ouch! That means with Titan installed you're down to around 25 megs of free memory.

That's not very good...
    Ouch! That means with Titan installed you're down to around 25 megs of free memory.

That's not very good...
    Why wouldn't you use Esmertec? Works great and uses under 700k running OperaMini.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Why wouldn't you use Esmertec? Works great and uses under 700k running OperaMini.
    Plenty of people don't know about Esmertec.

Additionally I tried three different versions on the 800w, none of them worked right. (None of the three worked right on the 700wx either though.)

Plus there may be stuff that only works on Titan, meaning you don't have a choice if you want to use those apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I think this may explain the rumored radio patch
    Just for precision, It is perfectly possible that the data streaming by google maps is choking on memory per se or something else loaded.

The problem reported could easily still be free memory and have zero to do with the radio. I do not see problems reported that we can say are conclusively the the radio.