Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Will post some screen captures from Sprint Treo Pro.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #82  
    More screen captures.
    Great pics. I use Snap to show screen shots on POS. What program do you use this on the Pro?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Great pics. I use Snap to show screen shots on POS. What program do you use this on the Pro?
    It's called CapSure by Scott Hoopes. I searched for a free program and found it at xda-developers.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    It's called CapSure by Scott Hoopes. I searched for a free program and found it at xda-developers.com.
    Thanks that's great, and the price is up my alley. Found it easier here if anyone else is wanting it:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...sure-v1-0.html
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  6.    #86  
    This is a shot of the taskmanager program that comes up when the icon in the top corner of the today screen is tapped.
  7.    #87  
    Any ideas on why the phone goes to 1x during a call?
    i have other phones that have done that not a big deal....better than the 800w always running data on its own out of nowhere all the frikkin time
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    So what does this less program mem, more storage mem mean?

More room to install apps, but less program swap?
    Meaning the Sprint Pro may be a little less stable than the Gsm?
    Gosh I miss the old Windows CE days when we could just adjust a slider to get the memory we needed... memory was memory and users could apply it where you needed it. Shame MS got rid of that.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Maybe its the the resource icon? I.E. its not really going to 1X; just the resource location for the phone icon also selects the 1x resource icon.... just a thought.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe EV-DO does not have a voice component, (hence "data only") and so voice must go over 1x?
    Palm T|X and Palm Centro (VZW)
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If you exclude "System Data" from the restore it might just work out OK for you. Let us know how it goes.
    ok different versions of sprite that **** wont work lol dammit any other way to save my text and restore them? lol
    how do i change the shortcuts on the bottom?
    ok wow so you have to use the touchscreen once in sms to change folders and you cant just click the nav botton up like on every other phone before this? and no soft keys? im getting picmail and it does send but the other people are not getting it...i love some things hate others lol
    signal is real bouncy....how do i turn off the audible sound when you press numbers on the today screen, that's annoying cant seem to find a way to silence that, doesn't do it the same way it did on 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    ok different versions of sprite that **** wont work lol dammit any other way to save my text and restore them? lol
    Bummer. The 800w version of Sprite by default backs up things to a Sprite file ".PBF". But the version of Sprite I purchased for my Touch Pro by default backs things up to a self extracting executable. Which is cool because Sprite is not built into the Sprint HTC Touch Pro ROM. It does not rely on trying to use a version of Sprite from the device when performing a restore. Not that this information does you any good now, but perhaps any 800w owners reading this may want to see if their version of Sprite backup allows for backing up to self extracting executables and use that option if available. Might help when attempting to restore part of a backup to another device.

Hotis300boy, do you have the Sprite desktop software? See if you have "Sprite Explorer", that would at least allow you to view and extract data from your backup file to your PC, then maybe you could copy them to the device. If you don't have "Sprite Explorer", I know it's part of the latest version of Sprite backup, but I don't know if it can read the older backup files, I guess you could ask Sprite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe EV-DO does not have a voice component, (hence "data only") and so voice must go over 1x?
    yes, sprint does voice over 1x. what you are seeing is finally working the way it should. when you saw 1xev before it was really just 1x
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    yes, sprint does voice over 1x. what you are seeing is finally working the way it should. when you saw 1xev before it was really just 1x
    But he was not able to do voice and data at the same time...
    GPS - works with cellular radio off, also seems to work after soft reset. GPS on Pro isn't as jumpy and is more accurate than on the 800w. MyLocation also works on Pro, accurate within 2600 meters appears on the screen and doesn't work on the 800w.

Some other new things I have noticed,
    -nice comm manager screen
    -"quick menu" on the today screen, top right corner, tap pulls up a task manager program
    -programs have a quick print from bluetooth option
    -game, bejeweled2 included
    -sprint music
    -youtube with kinoma freeplay
    -Titan
    -in settings, update profile and update prl icons
    -windows live messenger
    -camera has lot of nice features
    Fantastic news. One of the things that was really terrible on the 800w was the GPS. Glad to hear that HTC got it right.
  20.    #100  
    In a drive around test with Pro and 800w side by side, using data, ie; google maps and some speed tests, the Pro was almost impossible to use. Google Maps couldn't update and phone would lose data connection, 800w worked continuously. When in one spot, the Pro worked fine but moving it was painful, phone locked up 3 times.

This could be unique to my area or maybe this is part of the problem that needs to be fixed. Wait for others to test this plus I will test again.