Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Why would they be angry?
    Because they didn't want anybody selling them till they said start selling them.

And what if they wanted to have a patch applied to them BEFORE any were sold?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    And what if they wanted to have a patch applied to them BEFORE any were sold?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I am now 99% certain that a patch or flash will be done. It is hs to be above the level of things like the we saw on the 800w.

Jim will be ok since it is not his fault that they sold it to him prematurely. but it would be interesting to archive a rom dump as well as registries and everything on jim's device beofreo he echanges it in three weeks as he may.
    Berd:

You should help Jim on dumping his ROM.
    Here's what worked on the GSM Treo Pro:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...20&postcount=6

Not sure if it will also work with the Sprint.

If not, you have to find the Flash Partitions using this:
    http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...s_HowtoDumpRom

And then replace those in the code I provided in post 6 of the TC thread I linked.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Berd:

You should help Jim on dumping his ROM.
    How Dare You Read My Mind!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    How Dare You Read My Mind!

i r in j00 mind, readinz j00z thoughts!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    yes, MMS is finally integrated
    sms/mms/picture mail are in the same application, the about screen says it is "pics/video version 5.0.84.79" by ArcSoft Inc.

The pictures and videos open or play in the message, no links. It has SprintMMSC listed as a server.
  9.    #49  
    Sprint Pro, GPS screen in QPST
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    So my order is "Backordered" until Feb15th . Talk to Sprint and some say the my ship sooner and others say won't ship till after the 15th.

Part of me is glad Palm/Sprint may be fixing issues before placing the phones into the hands of customers. Another part of me is frustrated I have been waiting for this phone to be released on CDMA (Best coverage in my area) since last year. I have been holding out not renewing my contract with the rumor of CDMA Treo Pro. Well the day comes I order and bam!!!! sucker wait some more. I personally would not have minded getting the phone and then adding a patch week or two later. I would have thought of it as active development. Now I am just thinking it is a Marketing thing and 800W stock depleation issue. This idea just make me angry.

Just needed to vent..
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Any word on audio quality through the 3.5 mm jack?
    Sound thru the headphones is awesome...
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    So my order is "Backordered" until Feb15th . Talk to Sprint and some say the my ship sooner and others say won't ship till after the 15th.

Part of me is glad Palm/Sprint may be fixing issues before placing the phones into the hands of customers. Another part of me is frustrated I have been waiting for this phone to be released on CDMA (Best coverage in my area) since last year. I have been holding out not renewing my contract with the rumor of CDMA Treo Pro. Well the day comes I order and bam!!!! sucker wait some more. I personally would not have minded getting the phone and then adding a patch week or two later. I would have thought of it as active development. Now I am just thinking it is a Marketing thing and 800W stock depleation issue. This idea just make me angry.

Just needed to vent..
    I think Sprint and Palm are trying to PREVENT releasing another device that is questioned out of the gate. So they want to try and make the device as good as they can prior to release. Even if that means delaying it a bit. Too many customers fail to get those patches in a timely manner and complaining customers is bad PRPRPR, $even$ $if$ $the$ $customer$ $failed$ $to$ $get$ $any$ $available$ $updates$.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Is the keyboard like typing on the Centro? A little better for the Pro?

I have to use my fingernail to type on Centro. I dont have that phone.
    Yes, I use thumbnails on the Pro, same as Centro.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    So what does this less program mem, more storage mem mean?

More room to install apps, but less program swap?
    Meaning the Sprint Pro may be a little less stable than the Gsm?
    I opened every program I could find, at the same time, on the Pro and got program memory down to 9mb free and couldn't get it any lower. Didn't notice any problem with the programs running.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I opened every program I could find, at the same time, on the Pro and got program memory down to 9mb free and couldn't get it any lower. Didn't notice any problem with the programs running.
    Good to know,
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Hi JimH2000, can you please tell us how much memory IE6 uses when you look at it in task manager? Does it even show up in task manager?

TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    sms/mms/picture mail are in the same application, the about screen says it is "pics/video version 5.0.84.79" by ArcSoft Inc.

The pictures and videos open or play in the message, no links. It has SprintMMSC listed as a server.

Wow, real MMS!
    Sprint Pro, GPS screen in QPST
    Amazing, AFLT is supported.

That's a big change for WM devices, and it's interesting when you see some of the other devices going the other way (from supporting only AFLT to supporting only GPS).

I'm gonna have to test the 800w's AFLT again with those settings. Any program in particular you're using to see if AFLT works?

Any chance you can find and post the server settings? Address, port, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Amazing, AFLT is supported.

That's a big change for WM devices, and it's interesting when you see some of the other devices going the other way (from supporting only AFLT to supporting only GPS).

I'm gonna have to test the 800w's AFLT again with those settings. Any program in particular you're using to see if AFLT works?
    Google Maps "My Location" will test it for ya.

There's probably gonna be some file on the Treo Pro different than the 800w in order to gain access to A-FLT. I remember Palm talking about it on the Centro:

A representative for Palm developer relations says that an API for determining cell tower IDs has always been on Palm devices, however it was private. Palm says they are now working to make the API public, which requires a change to the ROM, so My Location will be available on newer Palm OS phones.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast