Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    whats the picturemail like? do you notice a huge difference in keyboard from 800w? how about battery life? is the picmail built into sms? anythin new?
    Picturemail and texting are integrated nicely with several options ie; insert video, picture, audio, vcard, vcalendar, attachment.
    Can't get picturemail to work yet, get an error when trying to send or reply.
    No quick button to get to sms/mms, using the email account picker for now.

Don't know about battery yet.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsp_m View Post
    can anyone read out the Settings/System/About CE OS string?
    CE OS 5.2.20765 (Build 20765.1.4.4)
    Processor: MSM7501A-528MHz
    Memory: 80.79 MB

Software Version: T850EWW-1.03-SPT
    Firmware Version: 1.11.30F
    PRL: 60650
    lucky........ lol
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  4.    #24  
    GPS - works with cellular radio off, also seems to work after soft reset. GPS on Pro isn't as jumpy and is more accurate than on the 800w. MyLocation also works on Pro, accurate within 2600 meters appears on the screen and doesn't work on the 800w.

Some other new things I have noticed,
    -nice comm manager screen
    -"quick menu" on the today screen, top right corner, tap pulls up a task manager program
    -programs have a quick print from bluetooth option
    -game, bejeweled2 included
    -sprint music
    -youtube with kinoma freeplay
    -Titan
    -in settings, update profile and update prl icons
    -windows live messenger
    -camera has lot of nice features
  5.    #25  
    In my simple testing, earpiece and speaker audio quality much better on the Pro than 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    GPS - works with cellular radio off, also seems to work after soft reset. GPS on Pro isn't as jumpy and is more accurate than on the 800w. MyLocation also works on Pro, accurate within 2600 meters appears on the screen and doesn't work on the 800w.
    Good there is continual confirmation that the stand alone GPS works on the Sprint Treo Pro. When you mention "MyLocation" are you talking about the "MyLocation" feature in Sprint Navigation? Because that worked fine on my old 800ws. I can't say it was dead on accurate, but worked.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Is the keyboard like typing on the Centro? A little better for the Pro?

I have to use my fingernail to type on Centro. I dont have that phone.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    When you mention "MyLocation" are you talking about the "MyLocation" feature in Sprint Navigation? Because that worked fine on my old 800ws. I can't say it was dead on accurate, but worked.
    Google Maps.

He's talking about A-FLT (Advanced Forward Link Trilateration), which is using 3 towers to triangulate your position. It's less battery intenstive and faster (usually) than GPS and works indoors. Downside is less accuracy.

Also, everyone confuses A-FLT with GPS and aGPS. Either way, I think this is may be the first WM device on Sprint to support it--though I don't know about Touch Pro and Diamond. Palm Centro has it too.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Any word on audio quality through the 3.5 mm jack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Any word on audio quality through the 3.5 mm jack?
    Given much of what Jimh2000 is talking about is identical to features on the Sprint HTC Touch Pro that I have. I'm expecting to hear that the Treo Pro 3.5mm audio quality is nothing short of fantastic. The 3.5mm jack is built into the Treo Pro, but on my Touch Pro an adapter is used for 3.5mm jack access and the sound quality is simply "fantastic".
    Does the Treo support MMS as well as SMS on the Sprint network? That is one reason why I switched from a 700wx to the 755p, I couldn't send any MMS messages. The 800w supports picture mail, but I wondered if the Treo Pro would do native MMS (attaching videos, pics, etc.).

Thanks

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    yes, MMS is finally integrated

So what does this less program mem, more storage mem mean?

More room to install apps, but less program swap?
    Meaning the Sprint Pro may be a little less stable than the Gsm?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

Yeah, basically means you have much more room for installing programs, but less room to actually run them.

But, it is unclear at this time if the Program Memory is really detrimental to stability or speed of the device--it's probably just enough for most people.

Need more testing.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

More room to install apps.

Less room to run apps.

Probably won't effect stability unless you're someone like me and *NEVER* close apps.

That was one nice thing about the switch from the 700wx to the 800w, I never have to go into the task manager and kill applications. But I usually run a LOT of stuff.
    Maybe something for another thread....
    So I'll drop it with this;
    Why would they do that?
    The GSM Pro is Rock Solid Stable!
    But, like you said; 'need more testing.'
    Update:

Best Buy has now reverted to "Sold Out Online" and the in-store pickup option is now gone.

Guess they got in trouble, lol:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218045946404

it isn't tin foil to think that palm reads these threads. seeing a cdma pro in the wild probably ticked someone at palm or sprint off
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Why would they be angry?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  20. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Update:

Best Buy has now reverted to "Sold Out Online" and the in-store pickup option is now gone.

Guess they got in trouble, lol:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218045946404
    Interesting that it says store pick up not available on that page, yet when I got to find a store that has it in my area, I get 5 of them.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....itemId=1336224
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast