Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1.    #1  
    was in the sprint store today , the 800w dropped to $100 this morning
  2. #2  
    Probably because the Treo Pro is being advertised already.

    Best Buy showing the Sprint Treo Pro on their website. Part number- PTR850HK

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218045946404






    Qty. Product Description Price Total



    I tried to order it and found units available for sell.

    Remove

    Move to Wish List
    Sprint - Palm Treo Pro 850 Cell Phone - Black PTR850HK

    In Stock:Boynton Beach FL, 550 N CONGRESS AVE (Store #808)

    Backordered: Usually leaves our warehouse within 1-2 weeks
    Store Pickup: Available at most stores

    Geek Squad Black Tie Protection 2 Yea... $219.99
    Add
    Jawbone - Wireless Headset for Blueto... $129.99
    Add
    Ship

    Pick Up

    Select store $699.99

    $699.99
    Great Financing Offer
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3.    #3  
    at 200 for 800w and 250 for Pro you would have seen huge returns of 800w for anyone who bought an 800w within 30 days of pro release. they would just have to pay $50 for an upgrade.

    now with 800w at $100 and Pro at $250 it will be $150 to upgrade to Pro within 30 days, so they won't see as many exchanges for pros -- and a new mass of 800w refurb inventory.

    this bring down ebay price on 800w because the top price is almost never over lowest new customer cost plus etf ($100 plus $200 etf). Almost all sprint customers are able to get out of etf from jan 1 - jan 30 because of the line charges addd recently.
    Last edited by aero; 01/25/2009 at 10:41 AM.
  4. #4  
    At $99 subsidized, the Treo 800w is now priced on par with devices such as:
    • MOTORAZR™ VE20 by Motorola
    • Samsung Highnote™
    • Treo™ 755p by Palm
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330
    • Samsung ACE™
    • Samsung Instinct™
    • MOTO Q™ 9c by Motorola
    • LG Lotus™
    • Z400 by Samsung®
    • Motorola® Renegade™ V950
    • i580 by Motorola
    • AirCard® 597E ExpressCard by Sierra Wireless


    The Aircard® 595 by Sierra Wireless, which has the SAME Qualcomm MSM6800A chip as the Palm Treo 800w is selling for more with Sprint at a subsidized price of $119.99.
  5. #5  
    D, now that you put it that way Sprint has really good deals for those who want to reup or new activation.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  6. #6  
    Oh my. Pretty soon they'll be giving them away like the cheapo flip phones. Great move by Sprint because they're obviously trying to clear out inventory as fast as possible to make room for the Pro.
  7. #7  
    any idea on when bestbuy will be offering them at $99?.. i want to pick up on on my other line, but i hate mail in rebates.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayKode View Post
    any idea on when bestbuy will be offering them at $99?.. i want to pick up on on my other line, but i hate mail in rebates.
    Sprint rebates are excellent speed. You just want to 100% confirm from telesales at the time that the rebate applies and have them put it in your account notes
  9. #9  
    If you're particularly convincing you can get the rebate instantly without sending it in.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Sprint rebates are excellent speed. You just want to 100% confirm from telesales at the time that the rebate applies and have them put it in your account notes
    sometimes telesales say one thing and does another, i remember with my ic902 it took almost 40days to get a rebate in the mail. by the time it came in the mail, i was surprised,because i totally gave up on receiving it.lol. so since then ive always avoided mail in rebates and have been an happy customer since. so maybe by next Friday bestbuy may offer it at sprints current pricing instead of the $199 pricing
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayKode View Post
    sometimes telesales say one thing and does another, i remember with my ic902 it took almost 40days to get a rebate in the mail. by the time it came in the mail, i was surprised,because i totally gave up on receiving it.lol. so since then ive always avoided mail in rebates and have been an happy customer since. so maybe by next Friday bestbuy may offer it at sprints current pricing instead of the $199 pricing
    Likely. I think the most likely thing is that BB has almost no 800Ws so they don't have same excess inventory problem
  12. #12  
    I'm just curious if anyone thinks us existing 800w users will or should be able to get a little bit of a discount on the Treo Pro? Until recently, it was $249 and extremely buggy, so I will be getting the Pro the day it is released.

    However, I'm a little upset that all of a sudden the 800w is now only $99 when only a few months prior, I paid $249 for it and it has issues.

    I'm a huge Treo/WM fangirl, and for me, the 800w would have been THE perfect device were it not quite so buggy. I'm hoping the Pro is the 800w and more.

    But I didn't know if anyone had any advice to offer on asking for better pricing, etc. Normally I'm not the type of consumer to speak up so I'm not sure how - however I'm a little upset in this case. Ideas?
    Last edited by kendertaunt; 01/26/2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: editing to enable email notifications
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kendertaunt View Post
    I'm just curious if anyone thinks us existing 800w users will or should be able to get a little bit of a discount on the Treo Pro? Until recently, it was $249 and extremely buggy, so I will be getting the Pro the day it is released.

    However, I'm a little upset that all of a sudden the 800w is now only $99 when only a few months prior, I paid $249 for it and it has issues.

    I'm a huge Treo/WM fangirl, and for me, the 800w would have been THE perfect device were it not quite so buggy. I'm hoping the Pro is the 800w and more.

    But I didn't know if anyone had any advice to offer on asking for better pricing, etc. Normally I'm not the type of consumer to speak up so I'm not sure how - however I'm a little upset in this case. Ideas?
    I think you should plead your case to Sprint. In fact, you should see if they might give you an upgrade to the Treo Pro for free. No guarantees, but some have pulled it off. What you've told us is exactly what you should be speaking to Sprint about and see if perhaps they'll cut you a break.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kendertaunt View Post
    However, I'm a little upset that all of a sudden the 800w is now only $99 when only a few months prior, I paid $249 for it and it has issues.
    That's kinda the way these things work. The come out, are priced silly high, and eventually drop when the next device comes out.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That's kinda the way these things work. The come out, are priced silly high, and eventually drop when the next device comes out.
    Ha!
    I know, but I've been a loyal Nextel/Sprint user for about 10 years and I've been through each Treo and I've *never* seen a Treo drop price like that, especially when it only came out about eight months ago. I feel like I've been scammed by them or something. I feel dirty.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I think you should plead your case to Sprint. In fact, you should see if they might give you an upgrade to the Treo Pro for free. No guarantees, but some have pulled it off. What you've told us is exactly what you should be speaking to Sprint about and see if perhaps they'll cut you a break.
    I called them tonight. Not only can they not do anything, but to twist the knife, the lady on the phone said that because I've had my 800w for less than a year (even though it hasn't been out for a whole year), I'm not even eligible for the standard $150 trade in discount.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Sprint rebates are excellent speed. You just want to 100% confirm from telesales at the time that the rebate applies and have them put it in your account notes
    I can also vouch for that - I've had many rebates through Sprint. They come through as promised in a timely manner!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kendertaunt View Post
    Ha!
    I know, but I've been a loyal Nextel/Sprint user for about 10 years and I've been through each Treo and I've *never* seen a Treo drop price like that, especially when it only came out about eight months ago. I feel like I've been scammed by them or something. I feel dirty.
    It's always a risk you take. You should buy a phone when you buy it because it makes sense at that time, not because it will make sense 8 or 9 months down the line.

    Also, just curious, but why do you feel that the 800w is so horrible? The Pro is only better in a handful of areas, and actually worse in others.

    A very good chunk of the issues have been resolved already by Palm or the community. Be sure to check out the FAQ if you haven't already:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174204
  19. #19  
    Kendertaunt, I recommend you wait a month or a few months after a new device is released to see how real owners talk about it, before buying yourself. Read their forums daily for a while and see. That way you won't have a repeat of what you've experienced with the 800w.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Kendertaunt, I recommend you wait a month or a few months after a new device is released to see how real owners talk about it, before buying yourself. Read their forums daily for a while and see. That way you won't have a repeat of what you've experienced with the 800w.
    Sound advice. The Pro looks to have it's own set of issues, not that one would expect anything else. I've yet to find the perfect phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions