Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    The Sprint version will have Pocket IE 6 whereas the Treo Pro has Pocket IE 5. Pocket IE 6 is supposed to have some significantly new features - apparently its going to be as powerful as IE 5 on a desktop if I remember correctly.
    And likely to take more resources, quite possible memory where we see a disparity from gsm pro and 80w at the announced numbers and on "advocate models". But that difference may change somewhat if that is part of the the reason for the delay
  2. #22  
    (Off topic posts removed. Seriously, people, ONE thread without fighting over the 800w, okay?)
  3. #23  
    Not Windows Mobile 5, but PIE 5.

    So what happens if you split the Pro into two forums, and next month there's a ROM upgrade so that the GSM version also has PIE 6 and there's no significant difference? (Cause you know that's what's going to happen.)
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Not Windows Mobile 5, but PIE 5.

    So what happens if you split the Pro into two forums, and next month there's a ROM upgrade so that the GSM version also has PIE 6 and there's no significant difference? (Cause you know that's what's going to happen.)
    To be honest right now I'm still leaning towards leaving the Treo Pro forum unified rather than split into Sprint and GSM and/or CDMA and GSM versions of the same.

    (and I'm not sure that we'll see PIE6 on the GSM Treo Pro, while I'm being honest )
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    To be honest right now I'm still leaning towards leaving the Treo Pro forum unified rather than split into Sprint and GSM and/or CDMA and GSM versions of the same.

    (and I'm not sure that we'll see PIE6 on the GSM Treo Pro, while I'm being honest )
    Sounds like a good idea. The technical issues between the two are not enough, IMO, to justify a split. If there are carrier based issues, such as GSM phones not having features that CDMA phones do, that can be discussed in the appropriate carrier category also in this forum. Granted there isn't an "official" GSM carrier for the Pro yet, but that may change. Or Palm may drop it all together if someone doesn't pick it up. Given the state of the economy, I can't see them carrying/supporting a phone that doesn't make them any $$$$.


    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6. #26  
    I vote the following:

    01. You keep the forums together for now.

    02. You review the choice shortly following the official release of the CDMA Treo Pro. Before the threads run out of control.

    03. If you feel the need to create two version it shoudl be CDMA and GSM versions not carrier version.

    04. May be a non-issue in the wake of the Pre wave.

    I know I am golding off ordering a GSM Pro until I can touch the Sprint version. The keyboard is my only concern.

    Just my 2 cents ($0.01 GSM) and ($0.01 CDMA)!

    Regards
    graylion
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Great suggestion.
    I second (or I guess third) Ebag and Malatesta that we should perhaps have stickies at the top for GSM and CDMA versions of the Pro. There will be far too many similarities between these two devices and although I am no expert on hardware I am betting that most software--with the exception of anything that might tweak the radios--will work on either.

    I don't want to have to check two forums to see if anyone came up with a today screen plug in I like or if some bug such as the missed call notification that when viewed dials the last call gets fixed in one and nobody knows about it in the other.

    What if a new slim extended battery comes out and it gets posted in the Sprint forum and we never hear about it over here...

    Just my opinion...
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  8. #28  
    Aw no! A fight over which one is best....... mine of course because it wasn't fouled-up by AT&T...or Sprint... just virgin Palm unlocked
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post

    (and I'm not sure that we'll see PIE6 on the GSM Treo Pro, while I'm being honest )
    Remember that quarter I offered ya if you could get Mal and ebag onto Twitter? Well I'll bet you that same quarter that even if it isn't an official upgrade, our friends over at xdadevelopers have PIE for the GSM Pro within 2 months of any official sighting...which could be as early as 8 weeks from now.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I have considered creating a separate forum for the Sprint Treo Pro, but I'm not convinced it's a good idea. We never did it with the Treo 650 and we managed alright -- but I could be convinced that it's helpful to have a separate forum for it....
    I have to agree with this, back in my 650 days I didn't have any problems surfing the forums, I just made sure the posts were for Sprint branded 650's.The posters were good at trying to post which carrier they were with. The Centro is also in this boat as its being offered with just about every carrier. The OP's in the Treo Pro forum are going to need to do the same and specify their carrier in their post. I don't think its to much to ask.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
  11. #31  
    And I eat "spammy" for breakfast...LOL
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Remember that quarter I offered ya if you could get Mal and ebag onto Twitter? Well I'll bet you that same quarter that even if it isn't an official upgrade, our friends over at xdadevelopers have PIE for the GSM Pro within 2 months of any official sighting...which could be as early as 8 weeks from now.
    This is starting to sound just like the claims of custom Treo Pro ROMs...

    Take a close look around the XDA Treo Pro forums, they have not even had any new comments since last night! The power of XDA support comes in areas of those forums where masses of people are all collectively seeking to improve a certain device. The numbers simply are not there in the Treo Pro forums over at XDA. At the current rate, anything new for the Treo Pro would most likely occur here before XDA, given more Treo Pro talk is going on here.

    Quote Originally Posted by kdbenoit View Post
    I have to agree with this, back in my 650 days I didn't have any problems surfing the forums, I just made sure the posts were for Sprint branded 650's.The posters were good at trying to post which carrier they were with. The Centro is also in this boat as its being offered with just about every carrier. The OP's in the Treo Pro forum are going to need to do the same and specify their carrier in their post. I don't think its to much to ask.
    Good point.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Remember that quarter I offered ya if you could get Mal and ebag onto Twitter?
    Quarter? Twitter? What?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Well I'll bet you that same quarter that even if it isn't an official upgrade, our friends over at xdadevelopers have PIE for the GSM Pro within 2 months of any official sighting...which could be as early as 8 weeks from now.
    I can tell you that I'm going to be trying to rip PIE 6.0 out.
    (Not that I really care about the additional functionality TBH, Skyfire works just fine. But it's a challenge. )

    Depending on how it's setup it may be difficult to impossible.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    ...

    Take a close look around the XDA Treo Pro forums, they have not even had any new comments since last night! The power of XDA support comes in areas of those forums where masses of people are all collectively seeking to improve a certain device. The numbers simply are not there in the Treo Pro forums over at XDA. At the current rate, anything new for the Treo Pro would most likely occur here before XDA, given more Treo Pro talk is going on here.
    Yep,
    I tried my best over there.
    Just call me Berd.
  15.    #35  
    I agree with making the distinction in the topic titles would be the most feasible solution at the moment. But it's easier said than done. Even the mighty editors can slip up....

    http://www.wmexperts.com/treo-pro-be...om-wait-it-699
    It's in the body but not in the title.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    I agree with making the distinction in the topic titles would be the most feasible solution at the moment. But it's easier said than done. Even the mighty editors can slip up....

    http://www.wmexperts.com/treo-pro-be...om-wait-it-699
    It's in the body but not in the title.
    Zing! dieter@smartphoneexperts.com for corrections! Thanks
  17. #37  
    How about one forum with a sticky explaining the differences between the two.
  18. #38  
    If our question is specific to one or the other we could post something like "Sprint Treo Pro: (then question)"
    "GSM Treo Pro: (then question)"

    Suggestions?

    I've also noticed we don't have a good abbreviation.

    Some say 'TP' but some also call the Touch Pro that.

    I guess STP would work for sprint, or GTP or UTP for Gsm Unlocked.

    Palm calls the GSM the U850 I think.

    Why'd they do this to us?
    the 650 was a 650 - gsm or cdma
    Just call me Berd.
  19. #39  
    Yes, I ran into the 850 on my Unlocked Pro somewhere. It may have been Treo 850. So it is GSM. Cool
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions