Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    from how i understood it the 800w is more of a buisness phone while the pro is for most people... and i bet if the economy wasnt so bad (especially sprints) they would love to keep both product lines... but they need to sell and thats why the pro is here.

and also, seriously, you have to remember that i come from a q9c under constant frustration for over a year. this isnt a honeymoon phase, this is dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by spacetrader View Post
    this isnt a honeymoon phase, this is dream.
    There's a few people that really knock the 800w, but the majority of folks are really happy with it. A poll done quite a while back suggested that over 75% of people were happy with they 800w.

Personally, I love mine. I'm probably going to upgrade the Mrs. to an 800w from her 700wx here soon. $99 is a brilliant price for a great phone.
    I really like polls.
    People say this, people say that.
    But people who don't post, often times still vote.
    Just call me Berd.
    from how i understood it the 800w is more of a buisness phone while the pro is for most people... and i bet if the economy wasnt so bad (especially sprints) they would love to keep both product lines... but they need to sell and thats why the pro is here.

and also, seriously, you have to remember that i come from a q9c under constant frustration for over a year. this isnt a honeymoon phase, this is dream.
    Palm's own words in their own earnings conference is that the Treo line, that currently being 800w and Pro are more for the business community. The device for a greater mass (well the "fat middle" personal users with some casual business needs) is the upcoming Palm Pre. And the device for "most people" is the already available Centro. That is what Palm says themselves.

Palm's issues with sales of their Treos is not something that can be fully written off as a result of the economy, because Verizon sold 1 million BB Storms in 10 weeks. Apple is still selling many IPhones.

Palm's hottest sellers have been devices with Palm's own OS on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    A poll done quite a while back suggested that over 75% of people were happy with they 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I really like polls.
    People say this, people say that.
    But people who don't post, often times still vote.
    I created and participated in some of those polls, as did some others who have since felt otherwise. (I never counted, but I may have made more polls on this 800w forum than anybody else.) Not to mention, asking a question in a forum where mostly the current users reside will never display many of those who gave up the device. It's like going to a cattleman's convention and asking who likes steak. Most who were dissatisfied would not attend the convention to being with. What the polls provide, is a figure for those who have held on to the 800w or choose to still visit the 800w forum. It's inherent that the results will favor satisfaction with the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Not to mention, asking a question in a forum where mostly the current users reside will never display many of those who gave up the device. It's like going to a cattleman's convention and asking who likes steak. Most who were dissatisfied would not attend the convention to being with. What the polls provide, is a figure for those who have held on to the 800w or choose to still visit the 800w forum. It's inherent that the results will favor satisfaction with the device.
    That's funny Darnell.

When I suggested the exact same thing in regards to the poll taken on the Pro cracking (that the poll might be skewed), you replied back with:

Given my own criticism of Palm and my own speaking about the crackling, I know I've cited those results and never tried to claim they don't reflect the general population of Treo Pro owners.
    (Emphasis mine.)

What you're missing is that I said TREO OWNERS. Not people who don't have one . That was a poll of current owners and the condition of their device.
    and i bet if the economy wasnt so bad (especially sprints) they would love to keep both product lines...
    Well the Pro is more of a business phone and the 800w is more for the typical everyday user, but they cant keep the 2008 and 2009 model with such big utility increases in the 2009 model and keep selling the older model
    What you're missing is that I said TREO OWNERS. Not people who don't have one . That was a poll of current owners and the condition of their device.
    Yes you have the logic correct. Each poill has it sflaws but some involve subjective and self selcting criteria and other non random sampleing issues that are much more serious.

the cracking poll would be among the most accurate.
    1) It involved an objective question.
    2) The sample is among the most random in that it would not inviolve popel who moved to another device, as clearly the battery and other threads would
    That is the vaild and important point you are making.
    3) it doesn't involve a skew through preferences, behaviors and likly more pronounced technical adeptness and/or curiosity inherent in Treo central users. IE TC uses probably physically handle the device the same way non users do.

The main possible error in the cracking poll would would be introduced by new users, people who might have a crack, google and find the treocentral poll, join and report it, thus skewing reported cracks up. but looking at join dates that doesn't seem to be a possibility with almost all of respondents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    There's a few people that really knock the 800w,
    I guess you mean the Sprint or Palm corporate people as it they discontinued it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I guess you mean the Sprint or Palm corporate people as it they discontinued it.
    We buy Dell computers for our company and they are constantly discontinuing models within six months of release. They still support them when there are issues and they still work just fine. It's not uncommon for anything electronic to get discontinued in a shorter time line than one might expect. Go into a Best Buy and try to find the exact Model of HD television or Blu Ray player six months from now.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    John I agree gnerally. But six monhhs between launch and the clearance pricing though is very short for mobile phones. In other words half the typical time for smartphones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12