Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Looks like, thanks to your post on another thread, the $699 was correct after all.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218045946404
    The first listed "Product Feature" is interesting.

Operates with wireless technology on GSM/GPRS 900/1800 networks
    Either a misprint or this will be the device that has what no other has. The ability to work with CDMA and GSM carriers. I figure it must be a misprint, no way Sprint is going to allow something with their brand to run GSM too.

I'm surprised Best Buy is not selling it for over $700 without contract. Their without contract price is always super high.
    Well codyppc, I guess I should not have slacked in pressing the button to post my comment . We both noticed . And the mention of WM 6.0. They must have borrowed specs from the unlocked Treo Pro. They better clean that up quick!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    The first listed "Product Feature" is interesting.

Either a misprint or this will be the device that has what no other has. The ability to work with CDMA and GSM carriers. I figure it must be a misprint, no way Sprint is going to allow something with their brand to run GSM too.

I'm surprised Best Buy is not selling it for over $700 without contract. Their without contract price is always super high.
    I was gonna say they just copied the specs from the Unlocked GSM TP page, but the Sprint one also says Windows Mobile 6.0
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    best buy told me over the phone that it was $250 with and 549 without contract. this jives with sprint listings. are you 100% certain about that number?

The $699 may have been suggested retail, and $549 was what they would sell it for.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Darn, I meant to say that in my original post. The price was $249 for new or existing Sprint customers (with 2 year renewal) no SE needed. No rebates needed. Price without contract was $699. Per Sprint CS I could even just extend my current plan. (SERO)

WOW, if I could get one for $249 and keep my SERO, I'd do it in a second. If you get it at Best Buy, do they handle the activations, or do you have to go through the Sprint customer service yourself, anyone know?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    WOW, if I could get one for $249 and keep my SERO, I'd do it in a second. If you get it at Best Buy, do they handle the activations, or do you have to go through the Sprint customer service yourself, anyone know?
    Yes, they handle the activation. Don't worry, one good thing about Best Buy is that the salespeople in the mobile phone department, unlike all other cell phone stores, are not on commission. That means that they aren't really trying to get you to change your plan to a more expensive one, as that doesn't change anything for them. They just want to get you to renew for two years, or get a new phone and plan from them. I'm sure that even though they aren't on commission, they might have some sort of quota, don't know. But, you just extend your contract for two years and you're good to go. Best of all, it's $249 without having to send in for any rebates.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I know corporate sprint stores are not on commission per sale any longer.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123