Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Thats cool. You and I tend to disagree about pretty much everything.

    I would love to see a phone that has a "stellar camera"

    I tend to take my photography a little more seriously.

    http://karlmarsh.smugmug.com/Photography
    Okay, I'm missing something I guess. Are you Karl? Pictures are beautiful. I just bought a Nikon (P80), nothing too great but we just took a trip and I would've liked a better zoom for some landscapes, but I can say the regular pictures came out pretty good with my Canon point and shoot.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/RickMG/I...ey=Hil-PvVDp4E
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Okay, I'm missing something I guess. Are you Karl? Pictures are beautiful. I just bought a Nikon (P80), nothing too great but we just took a trip and I would've liked a better zoom for some landscapes, but I can say the regular pictures came out pretty good with my Canon point and shoot.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/RickMG/I...ey=Hil-PvVDp4E
    Yes I am Karl and your photos are beautiful. You have a real knack for self portraits.
    This is one my favorites
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_uF_LPLs-MTY/SQ...0/IMG_1032.JPG
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Thats cool. You and I tend to disagree about pretty much everything.

    I would love to see a phone that has a "stellar camera"

    I tend to take my photography a little more seriously.

    http://karlmarsh.smugmug.com/Photography
    I've had hundreds published when I did it for a side living. Admittedly that was with a news agency and sharp elbows counted more than DOF. But we used top send absolutely beautiful Kodachrome 64 through sat transmitters at AP that took it down to to resolutions worse than any cell phone! that was heartbreak. But it goes to show that getting it out and around has always been part of it and this is increasing not decreasing. When our full time shooter got a RC-701, the full cost more than he made in a year, its resolution was worse than what you see on some phones, but you could transmit the pics without hooking up to the birds. The key was getting it out. That is what the market wants today.

    You know how it is with photographers cameras, shooters with full format would say your stuff is crap (I think it is very good) and that you should throw your gear in the trash until you can afford the real thing. You know the drill, if you shoot on a $500 body and $2k lens, the guy with a $1k rig should just not shoot.

    But I also know photographers who shoot for national geo who take shots all the time with cell phones so they can send them instantly.

    To say phones cameras are not good is a difficult position to take as digital pictures of any kind are substadnard to many shooters.

    It is facebook on the Pre. people increasing are using camera phones and it is the very best choice in many situations
    Last edited by aero; 01/23/2009 at 11:45 PM.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Yes I am Karl and your photos are beautiful. You have a real knack for self portraits.
    This is one my favorites
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_uF_LPLs-MTY/SQ...0/IMG_1032.JPG
    Thanks, coming from you after seeing your shots I take that as a compliment. I had that one on a bench using the self timer. My father always told us to make sure we were in the picture, because we could always buy postcards, but there were many shots in Italy that would've been great for border pictures (before and after our shots) if I had a better lense and a good zoom.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. #25  
    I will add one more top my six possible reasons for the Pro delay:

    7) Palm will roll out a rom update or other set of fixes for the 800w
    (I wish)
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I will add one more top my six possible reasons for the Pro delay:

    7) Palm will roll out a rom update or other set of fixes for the 800w
    (I wish)
    8) Palm and Sprint decided to actually spend a few bucks to market this phone and they need a few weeks to put some promotional material together.

    9) Palm and/or Sprint wanted to release it closer to an earnings call so they'd have something positive to report for a change to investors.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I will add one more top my six possible reasons for the Pro delay:

    7) Palm will roll out a rom update or other set of fixes for the 800w
    (I wish)
    lol, why not just go with Sprint's "official" response: it hasn't finished testing on their network/labs haven't certified it yet?

    When Sprint delays a phone, they almost never give a reason (or even acknowledge it), yet this time they did both and made sure they told everyone.

    I'm not sure why we have to doubt them on this as it sounds pretty straight forward. They could have just said "date pushed back"...then we can come up with top-10 lists ;-)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8. #28  
    Thanks RickMG for the pics and info!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, why not just go with Sprint's "official" response: it hasn't finished testing on their network/labs haven't certified it yet?
    The one big reason I can't go with that is this...Sprint and Best Buy are both borrowing money and paying interest to have these phones to just sit for three weeks in stores? They built them, so they already must've met their specs. They need some sort of repair or something, otherwise what they're doing is terrible business. Even if they were planning a big advertising blitz, they could still make some money on a soft launch till then as it would make no difference on the response to the advertising.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMW View Post
    Thanks RickMG for the pics and info!
    You're welcome.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    The one big reason I can't go with that is this...Sprint and Best Buy are both borrowing money and paying interest to have these phones to just sit for three weeks in stores? They built them, so they already must've met their specs. They need some sort of repair or something, otherwise what they're doing is terrible business. Even if they were planning a big advertising blitz, they could still make some money on a soft launch till then as it would make no difference on the response to the advertising.
    Well, the Touch Pro on Sprint was moments from release too when they were all called back to be re-flashed. It was well documented at ppcgeeks by the guy who was doing the re-flashing, so there is precedence. I'm sure it's not preferred to do it that way, but this is why Sprint/Palm never commit publicly to a release date The only people who are "disappointed" are forum nerds like ourselves, lol. The public has no clue about this phone, so no big deal.

    I'm just not sure why we'd doubt Sprint on this when they didn't even have to give a reason (they rarely do)--I mean what reasons do we have to not believe them but believe something else?

    Plus, you have this from today:
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesLegacy View Post
    This is the email I just got from my Sprint Store. i was going down tommorrow to get one.

    Good morning Chris,
    I know that you have a great deal of interest in obtaining the Treo Pro tomorrow. We were just informed it will not be launching tomorrow as anticipated. The new launch window is 2.15.09. There was something with the handset that Palm asked us to wait to launch until there was a patch out. There were no details as to why.
    Seems fairly consistent that there is some technical issue with the phone that keeps Pam/Sprint from "green lighting" it for final release. I'm sure it's a very minor issue, but an important one for Sprint certification.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/24/2009 at 07:24 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. #31  
    Whatever the reason, a delay to resolve a concern is not a bad thing, but a very good thing.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Whatever the reason, a delay to resolve a concern is not a bad thing, but a very good thing.
    Exactly, like the Treo 800w

    j/k

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Well, the Touch Pro on Sprint was moments from release too when they were all called back to be re-flashed.
    This is exactly what I was meaning on my previous post. I believe they do have to do something to each of those phones. What I was meaning is they aren't just sitting there only to delay the release for a reason such as advertising. I might have picked a bad example when I looked at what I quoted you as saying as you were pretty much saying the same thing.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    This is exactly what I was meaning on my previous post. I believe they do have to do something to each of those phones. What I was meaning is they aren't just sitting there only to delay the release for a reason such as advertising. I might have picked a bad example when I looked at what I quoted you as saying as you were pretty much saying the same thing.
    ahhh...gotcha, my bad

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #35  
    To take each of the phone out and reflash and put the sticker back like its never been opened? Thats alot of work and materials wasted.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    best buy told me over the phone that it was $250 with and 549 without contract. this jives with sprint listings. are you 100% certain about that number?
    Looks like, thanks to your post on another thread, the $699 was correct after all.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218045946404
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Looks like, thanks to your post on another thread, the $699 was correct after all.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218045946404
    Yeah, apparently best buy tacks on $100 to $150 to the sprint non subsidized price to make discounts look better.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I'm not certain he was correct about the $699 but I did ask him twice. There were no price tags because it wasn't out on display yet.

    As for what it comes with, I wanted to take a picture but it's on the black part of the outside sleeve and printed very small. Didn't come with anything more than what other phones come with or I'd remember that. Actually, I just increased my browser to 400% and see that it's also printed where the UPC code is on picture 2309-006 and can read where it says:
    Phone
    Cable
    Battery
    Charger
    Printed materials (I think on the black part of box it said user manual)
    First - Great pics and info! thanks tons!
    second - no headphones? weird.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    To take each of the phone out and reflash and put the sticker back like its never been opened? Thats alot of work and materials wasted.
    I'm sure they'll just have it available for download after activation and maybe inform their customer service reps about it.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Looks like, thanks to your post on another thread, the $699 was correct after all.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218045946404
    that says....

    Operates with wireless technology on GSM/GPRS 900/1800 networks

    Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional Edition OS
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions