1.    #1  
    I searched the forum, but didn't find anyone with the exact problem I'm having. If there is already a post just let me know.
    The problem I'm having is sometimes when people call me they get the message "this phone has been disconnected or is no longer in service". I need this fixed!! anyone have Ideas?
    Call Sprint. That's on Sprint's side, not your phone.

(If it was a problem with the phone they'd get sent to voicemail or possibly a different error message.)

You sure they're calling the right number?
    Are you not getting text, emails and reminders also? If so it could be a radio issue. Usually a radio issue is one sided, either you get all incoming or all outgoing. My first device was zero incoming (calls, text, emails, etc.).

If its only calls then call Sprint.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  4.    #4  
    Yep they got the right number for sure, because I saw my friend call my phone and he got the "disconnected" message and then a few minutes later call the same number and it goes through.
    I get text no problem.
    It is a intermittent problem.
    Even if there was a radio error that wouldn't be the error received.

That's an error thrown when the call is switched, not when it's being received by the phone.
    Getting the "disconnected" message should be on Sprint's side. You should call them and get them to reset your account and reprogram your phone. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
  7.    #7  
    I brought my phone to the sprint store and I haven't seen the problem in a couple days. Thanks for the help. I will post again if I continue to see these problems.
  8.    #8  
    My wife called me today and got the same problem.. any more Ideas??
    i have this same problem among others.but when some one calls me it rings 5 times on there end but never on mine. or it goes straight to voice mail. im on my 3rd phone
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    i have this same problem among others.but when some one calls me it rings 5 times on there end but never on mine. or it goes straight to voice mail. im on my 3rd phone
    This is most likely the issue.

Switching phones is unlikely to resolve it (as they will all have the same settings).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174963
    thanks but i did that on all the phones? the first two i got a wired message saying welcome to American roaming network and wouldn't let me make a phone call at all, the wierd thing was that i could use web (push email) fine. im now waiting to get my touch pro from the corp office
    You used QPST to adjust the SCI?

That has absolutely nothing to do with roaming or making a phone call.
  13.    #13  
    I will try changing my sci to see if that make a difference...
  14.    #14  
    So I was taking a look at my phone in QPST and I when I log into the app it gives me the incorrect phone number it says: 6082031627. I called that number and it is no longer in service. The only place in QPST shows the incorrect number is in the Amps tab. Could this have anything to do with my problem? Can I change this without any negative effects? Thanks
    You need to do an RTN Reset (called "factory reset" by Sprint) and reprovision your phone.

If you are not familiar with how to do this, call Sprint (from another phone) or take it down to the store.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Factory resets SUCK and I don't recommend it, if you don't need it. I don't know how you do it on the 800w because there's no reset button. Call Sprint.
    Has your 800w popped up any messages saying this device will self destruct in 10 seconds?

Has your 800w started smoking?

Have you felt the need to light up a cig to mask the smoking 800w?

How do you feel?

Quote Originally Posted by marly87 View Post
    Factory resets SUCK and I don't recommend it, if you don't need it. I don't know how you do it on the 800w because there's no reset button. Call Sprint.

An RTN reset just means you need to reprovision the phone. It's an extra 5 minutes over a hard reset (which is an extra 30-60 minutes over a soft reset).

Why people make such a big deal out of it is beyond me...
    I had this problem a few days ago. I was texting my wife long distance, when I noticed the last message of the night didn't go out. The next morning, I tried over and over to text her with no luck. She was able to text me (and I recieved them fine, I just couldn't get mine to send out to her). I performed multiple soft resets with no luck. Finally, I decided to backup everything and do a hard reset.

After the hard reset, the phone began texting as advertised. However, now I couldn't recieve calls. Again, soft resets with no luck. Another hard resets, and the device began working normally again.

It's been 4 days now, and haven't noticed any problems. As a result, I've lost all confidence in this phones abilities. I will always have a nagging feeling that someone is trying to reach me and can't. This is down right ridiculous.

To further infuriate me, Palm/Sprint have released only 3 updates to this phone that I'm aware of: BT Voice, Charger issue, and picture mail. With all the bugs that have been reported, where the hell is a ROM update?

3rd party software installed (if this helps anyone trying to figure this mess out):

1. SPB Mobile Shell
    2. Fizz Alarms
    3. Keylight Program
    4. Weather Bug
    5. Soft Reset

Cosmo
  20.    #20  
    After doing a rtn reset and everything I was still having this problem. I went in to the sprint store again and they admitted that they were having a tower problem.