Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My old 700p is wearing this Prima Case, which I've been pretty happy with overall.

My biggest issue with that case has been the belt swivel clip. Maybe I'm just not the right candidate for belt swivel clips, or maybe the clip is defective, but I had to replace it twice and didn't bother replacing it when it broke for a third time. But other than that, it's been fine.

I'm probably going to upgrade to the Pro soon, and thought about just getting the equivalent Prima case for it, except that after watching this , I've decided that this is the type of case for me. In particular, I love the case's keyboard cover.

Does anything similar exist for the Treo Pro? I'd also be interested to hear suggestions for similar (or better/cooler) cases I don't know about.
  2.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Er, sorry for cluttering up your forum, I guess.
  3.    #4  
    So after indulging berdinkerdickle's suggestion and wading through several pages of other case-related threads, I located something close to what I'm after:

("DRM Palm Treo Pro 850 Skin Case Black" from handhelditems.com)

The only deficits I can think of (other than general paranoia about the extremely low price) is the lack of keyboard cover. Another bonus would be a ring of some sort to allow carabiner suspension from belt loop. Otherwise, if indeed this case is well-made, this could be perfect.
    I honestly thought I was helping.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/an...ment.php?f=210

Search! Search! Search! - Your question probably has been answered or discussed. Before posting a new thread, please use the search feature to look for your question first. While we welcome people who are new to Palm OS or the Treo, it can become monotonous for the community to continue answering the same questions repeatedly.
    Just call me Berd.
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forteanajones View Post
    So after indulging berdinkerdickle's suggestion and wading through several pages of other case-related threads, I located something close to what I'm after:

The only deficits I can think of (other than general paranoia about the extremely low price) is the lack of keyboard cover. Another bonus would be a ring of some sort to allow carabiner suspension from belt loop. Otherwise, if indeed this case is well-made, this could be perfect.
    I have the same case, infact I have a black one and a red one. I only put mine in a case when I travel and during those times, it has served it's purpose well.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    The only thing I didn't like about that case was the side buttons aren't accessible.
    Just call me Berd.
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    The only thing I didn't like about that case was the side buttons aren't accessible.
    I cut out the slots for the side buttons. .

I do wish that the case fit a little tighter.
  8.    #9  
    Sorry for my misinterpretation, berdinkerdickle. Couldn't tell if it was a reaction to potential duplicate thread material or not. And in fact, as you can see it was ultimately very helpful in that I stumbled across something fairly close fairly soon after clicking. So, belated thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I have the same case, infact I have a black one and a red one. I only put mine in a case when I travel and during those times, it has served it's purpose well.
    Are all buttons and holes clear of the case (sounds like they must be if you're happy)?

Now that I think about it, I suppose I could add carabiner attachments myself by gluing them on.

That and a keyboard cover would make this just about perfect for me.

Edit: Whoops, you guys are fast!

Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I cut out the slots for the side buttons. .

I do wish that the case fit a little tighter.
    general paranoia about the extremely low price
    Yea, it's low cost, but I don't think of it as cheap.
    It's actually nice.
    I dropped my Pro with it on, and no probs.
    I think a couple others mentioned that in the other thread.
    (My good friend smileyboy for one)

lack of keyboard cover.
    It actually has just enough rim that if you drop it, even face down, the keyboard is safe. - that is; when dropped on a flat surface.
    Just call me Berd.
  10. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Are all buttons and holes clear of the case (sounds like they must be if you're happy)?

Now that I think about it, I suppose I could add carabiner attachments myself by gluing them on.

That and a keyboard cover would make this just about perfect for me.
    Yes they are but the volume button was little hard to activate so I cut a slot for that one and the one underneath.
  11.    #12  
    Thanks, guys!

I think this is a 90% match, which is honestly closer than I expected to get this quickly. Appreciate the feedback, and for the time being I'm still open to additional suggestions.
    I think many mentioned how they didn't have much to loose.
    What is it $10 still.

<edit> No Wait...

It's only $6
    Well, there's also shipping.
    Just call me Berd.
    I just ordered this case...
  14.    #15  
    I like the look of that one. The picture of the device with the case on is rather dark. What does the case cover, as far as the front of the device goes?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts

The only deficits I can think of (other than general paranoia about the extremely low price) is the lack of keyboard cover.
    I found the raised edge of that case so close to the keys interfered with my typing so, what with that and the trouble with accessing the side keys and the loose fit of it, have taken it off again.

But if I did want one, I certainly wouldn't buy it from Handhelditems
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=67
    I like the look of that one. The picture of the device with the case on is rather dark. What does the case cover, as far as the front of the device goes?
    I think the reason why it's darker is because there's an extra strip of silicon that covers most of the front part between the screen and the keyboard. That's the type of case I have for my 680, and I prefer that instead of the "open face" one, because it provide the extra layer of silicon for additional stability. I ordered it on Thursday, so I should be getting it fairly soon...
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    I think the reason why it's darker is because there's an extra strip of silicon that covers most of the front part between the screen and the keyboard. That's the type of case I have for my 680, and I prefer that instead of the "open face" one, because it provide the extra layer of silicon for additional stability. I ordered it on Thursday, so I should be getting it fairly soon...
    I have the same preference. Looks like the keyboard is not covered, although I suppose keyboard covering is somewhat rare in general.
    The best case - I have ever used - for any of my PDAs or mobilephones is this case from Noreve: Noreve tradition: noreve.com - and do a search (I am not allowed to post URLs yet... )

Very nice leather, really beautifully built, and with a very high precision in fitting my Treo pro.

Regards,
    Anders H.
    Seidio Innocase. Great cover!!!!!!!!!!

Five thumbs up!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast