Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Is the small keyboard a problem?
    Business users - how is it typing multiple emails a day?

Thanks.
    I prefered the layout of the 750, however the feel of the Pro keyboard as far as response is far better. It took a little getting used to but now I prefer it overall. Also the keyboard does not extend as far to the edges so less likely to get interfered with if you use a case--which in turn makes it smaller....

Lots of opinions on this but I really think if you give it a while you will get used to it. Everything else is such an improvement over the 750 it is not even fair to compare.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    FWIW:
    I have grown to love the TP KB. I still make a few more mistakes then my 650, but I love the feel.
    i found the keyboard very easy to type on. coming from the blackberry curve i feel i will have no problems adjusting.

i would say it is no where as hard as the centro.

IMHO

there's allways the 30 return deal. just in case it doesn't work for ya. only you can say if it will work for ya or not.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Any word on how low the 800 prices will go?
    Let's say I dont adjust to the keyboard and want to go back to the 800, can I get it for half off? lol.
    My wife has the BB Curve. I like the BB keyboard better but the TP just has a nice click feel. You adapt. I have had the TP for 4 months now.
    Pros: The keyboard width is smaller so it's possible to hold it in your right hand and use your thumb to hit the "Q", "A" and "Option" keys without changing your grip or getting help from the other hand.
    Cons: The keys are so close together, sometimes you need to wait for 1 thumb to move before the other can hit a key next to it resulting in slower typing.
    I also find that even though I press the keys firmly and feel a click, sometimes the pro just can't keep up with me and it skips letters. I did not have this problem with my 700w.
    I spent about a half hour with the Sprint version on Tuesday, and I noticed that I made fewer mistakes typing with one thumb as opposed to holding it with both hands and typing with both thumbs.

I'm not sure, but my speed felt better with one hand, as well. I like to type with both thumbs at times, and I'm sure this device will work with that form of typing after getting used to it.
    I have gotten used to the TP KB coming from a Treo 750 & 650. One thing that I have noticed is that when I type by mistake and hit any key above the "space bar": c,v,b,n I end up hitting the space bar, causing a space character in my typing.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I have gotten used to the TP KB coming from a Treo 750 & 650. One thing that I have noticed is that when I type by mistake and hit any key above the "space bar": c,v,b,n I end up hitting the space bar, causing a space character in my typing.
    Had the same problem with the one I played with in the Sprint store.
    I still like my 750's kb better.
    But not enough to make me switch back.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i found the keyboard very easy to type on. coming from the blackberry curve i feel i will have no problems adjusting.

IMHO

there's allways the 30 return deal. just in case it doesn't work for ya. only you can say if it will work for ya or not.
    Yes I was always surprised at people claiming it was the same as the centro and wondered if those saying so had tried the treo pro. I used the GSM for three weeks and after three or four days found it to be as good or better than my 800
    Regarding the keyboard of the Treo Pro I'm very surprised about several things:

1) People who claim the keys are the same as the Centro. They are definitely not. They are transparent, like the Centro, that's all. They are stiffer (not rubbery), and they are flat on top instead of rounded.

2) I find the Treo Pro's keyboard HORRIBLE. Easily the worst on any Treo I've typed on. It's not the spacing or the size; I love the Centro's keyboard. It's the flat top surface that makes me press 2-3 keys at once several times when typing a sentence.

Especially the 'E', that I type with my left thumb, will always take along the 'W' as well. Never had this problem on the smaller Centro keyboard, because those keys were soft and more imporantly, rounded.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

IMHO

how easy? I had the Centro but went back to the 700wx cause the KB was way too small on the Centro. Now I'm a BB Curve, but considering the Treo Pro. I love the BB Curve KB, but want to have the Centro experience again
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...