Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I am going to exchange my 800w for the Treo Pro.
    Without any bias, please let me know if I am making a mistake.
    It is a better phone, yes.

However, if it is built like the Centro I am afraid it will be easier to break.
    The 800w is built well - better than my old Centro.

Tell me I am doing the right thing here, lol.

Thanks.
    you did the right thing. most people are saying it is worth a trade. they just dont want to pay for the trade. if you can swap even then you did good.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    No matter what, the most you will pay is a least $249. That is what I am trying to do.

You might get lucky and swap your 800w for the Pro.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    No matter what, the most you will pay is a least $249. That is what I am trying to do.
    To get the $100 MIR, many of us who are on older Sprint or SERO plans have to switch to "Simply Everything".

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Does the Pro have the "creaking" noise?
    When I had my Centro for two weeks it felt like it was going to break everytime i adjusted the volume...

does the Pro feel like it is put together well?

Someone conmpared the 800 to a Ford Truck and a Pro to a BMW.
    I would much rather be in the Ford in an accident...
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am not switching to anything. I love my SERO. So I will loose my $100 rebate.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by UCFgrad05 View Post
    When I had my Centro for two weeks it felt like it was going to break everytime i adjusted the volume...

Because you have a death wish?? BMWs are built a lot better in terms of gaps and feel...
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts

I have no experience with a Centro. The Pro is definitely very well put together and there is absolutely no creaking on mine. It is much tougher than it looks.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    None of my local stores have it...
    So my parade may be rained on..
    isn't the 800w comparable to the pro in terms of features? Is it really worth the upgrade dollars just for looks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    isn't the 800w comparable to the pro in terms of features? Is it really worth the upgrade dollars just for looks?
    It's extremely comparable.

Some people have reported the Pro to be not as snappy as the 800w. Looks like the Pro might not have as much free memory either.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    wouldnt cost me a dime.
    I would trade in the 800 and get the Pro.
    I just got the 800 three weeks ago.

Since it wont cost me $, I look at this as a decent upgrade.
    No?
    wouldnt cost me a dime.
    I would trade in the 800 and get the Pro.
    I just got the 800 three weeks ago.

Since it wont cost me $, I look at this as a decent upgrade.
    No?
    If getting a slightly larger battery (11%), flush screen, bit thinner, and the HTC touches is worth trading off for the slower processor, less memory....then yeah. It's a decent upgrade.

I'd rather than the more memory and faster processor myself.
    Depending on the year of the Ford truck, that could be a bad idea. The early 2000 trucks had cab yielding problems. Mass is good but nowdays, smaller cars are being designed for survivability. BMW is one of the companies that does a very good job at it. I'd pick the BMW in more situations than I would pick a Ford truck.

I would like to go with the Treo but I'm somewhat gun shy of giving Palm my money after 800w. False advertisment of GPS capabilities, limited support, and their weak position currently in the smartphone market. I still wish Sprint would offer a Samsung Epix/Saga phone so I could have a another Windows Mobile Pro phone with a non-sliding keyboard.
    Last edited by pgh1969pa; 01/22/2009 at 11:13 PM.

No creaking no squeaking! just a solid plastic-like material that feels like holding an iPhone on the Treo Pro.