Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61  
    If its anything like the Touch Pro It'll be back on the website, but out of stock for this first three weeks. Best Buy will more than likely shave an extra $100 off of the price to offset the rebate. I'll wait till the PRE comes out and if its not the wunderkind palm makes it out to be, i'll upgrade my 800w to the PRO
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
  2. #62  
    well, i just got to the store. it seems as if he just left for what they called lunch. when i talked to him a little while ago, he said he worked until 9pm. they reps said he would be back at 4:30. it's 3:37 here now. so...

    i am going home and will be back at the store in 1 1/2 hours. I will get all the answers then.... if someone else dont beat me too it.

    i will also post his name and store number AFTER i talk (drill) him. just for those who doubt the info.

    Cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Business account?

    I ordered mine around 2am last night and it's been backordered. Anyway you can screen grab that info (blur out your full UPS number)?
    farge just went to B/o.

    Will let you know on PM as to how I ordered

    anyway do look for the cylindrical charger I mentioned and you will know I did handle it in store the other day.
  4. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    well, i just got to the store. it seems as if he just left for what they called lunch. when i talked to him a little while ago, he said he worked until 9pm. they reps said he would be back at 4:30. it's 3:37 here now. so...

    i am going home and will be back at the store in 1 1/2 hours. I will get all the answers then.... if someone else dont beat me too it.

    i will also post his name and store number AFTER i talk (drill) him. just for those who doubt the info.

    Cody
    Good luck "Cody-wan-kenobi"....you are our only hope! :-)
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    anyway do look for the cylindrical charger I mentioned and you will know I did handle it in store the other day.
    lol, not doubting you saw it at the store, evidently lots of people have

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    don't get me started, lol

    yeah, evidently these units are all there and some Sprint employees in typical fashion have been giving the most rudimentary feedback...such as "it's shiny" and "looks nice!". Ugh. Though entropism has given some real info at least.

    I still wanna know:
    • OS build (sure it's 6.1, but which build?)
    • How does MMS work (the manual makes it like the GSM version, antithetical to Sprint's system)
    • Memory: for crying out loud!
    • GPS standalone
    • Screensaver
    • LED support
    • Reception
    1. ce os 5.2.20765 build 207651.4.4
    2. mms = yes. no link. when recieved it auto download and showed the pic. no links
    3. memory = 339/ 80.54
    4. yes= stand alone worked pre mals text theory here
    5. screen saver = yes
    6. not that i could tell. when messages came in i was no led. altho i did not go in to settings to see
    7. reception= great. sounded just as good as my curve. on made one test call though.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  7. #67  
    So glad that the sound quality rocks. I love being able to use my phone for making calls.
  8. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    So glad that the sound quality rocks. I love being able to use my phone for making calls.
    With only 80megs program memory thats all you'll be able to use it for.

    Cody-is that AVAILABLE memory or total?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    With only 80megs program memory thats all you'll be able to use it for.
    It seemed as snappy as the 800w running the included programs. The amount of overhead is of interest (and unconfirmed) but web browsing including on video sites worked as fast if not better etc.

    I will check against 800w on tomtom and garmin as soon as I have my own in my hands,
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    1. ce os 5.2.20765 build 207651.4.4
    2. mms = yes. no link. when recieved it auto download and showed the pic. no links
    3. memory = 339/ 80.54
    4. yes= stand alone worked pre mals text theory here
    5. screen saver = yes
    6. not that i could tell. when messages came in i was no led. altho i did not go in to settings to see
    7. reception= great. sounded just as good as my curve. on made one test call though.
    Very cool.

    And yeah, to echo the question memory: was that Total or Free? Especially for RAM it's a big difference.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. #71  
    sorry guys. that was total. free memory was 41. i didn't see anything running either.

    phone still seemed way snaper than the diamond and touch pro. no lock ups or shangs at all. i felt it was great.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  12. #72  
    thanks cody...that makes sense

    Like I said, it's just odd. As soon as you install some memory resident apps, today plugins, scripts, etc. that's gonna drop 10-12mbs easily--that means you are hovering ~30mb or less without running any apps. I'm down 18mb and I'm running like 3 things plus my plugins on the 800w.

    it could get tight, depending on your usage (<--key point)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    sorry guys. that was total. free memory was 41. i didn't see anything running either.

    phone still seemed way snaper than the diamond and touch pro. no lock ups or shangs at all. i felt it was great.
    Glad to hear that the Treo Pro is so fast. Considering that I have 24MB free after all of my today plug-ins on my Mogul, I'll have tons on my Treo Pro. It helps to have experience with these things.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions