Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what happened to all these demo units that were delivered to the stores earlier this week. didn't anyone comfirm the memory there? this is too important.

note to self... must find demo unit today!
    don't get me started, lol

yeah, evidently these units are all there and some Sprint employees in typical fashion have been giving the most rudimentary feedback...such as "it's shiny" and "looks nice!". Ugh. Though entropism has given some real info at least.

I still wanna know:
    • OS build (sure it's 6.1, but which build?)
    • How does MMS work (the manual makes it like the GSM version, antithetical to Sprint's system)
    • Memory: for crying out loud!
    • GPS standalone
    • Screensaver
    • LED support
    • Reception

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Via Gearlog, from Sprint direct:

Sprint inadvertently posted information on Sprint.com regarding an upcoming product, Palm Treo Pro, this morning. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Sprint looks forward to welcoming this exciting, new device into our portfolio as soon as it has been approved through our customary testing process. We will share details on the correct availability date as soon as the standard testing of both the device and its interaction with our network has concluded. Thank you for your interest in Sprint products.
    Well, I sure hope they approve it! They reportedly have it in stock, trainer units at the stores and even took some orders, lol. Sounds more like they have to cross their "i's" and dot their "t's" ;-)

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Amazing!
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Maybe it's been EOL'd
    Ever get the feeling Sprint is just messing with us for kicks and giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    [*]GPS standalone
    Mine are coming by ups and show deleiver on Saterday.

At the store yesterday I played with it quickly, but the store guy showed me his own material from sprint besides the manual.

This Sprint logo and official Sprint sales pitch materiel actually emphasized *"autonomous" and it said in print this meant the Pro could get a GPS fix even when not within range of Sprint.

I did not want to pull out my phone and take a picture of this material,, but I promise you that sprint claims (in fact emphasizes) in writing that it has autonomous and they further emphasize in writing that this specifically means t works without Sprint's network!

Take it for what it is worth. But I seriously doubt it would not work since that would mean a serious liability if it didn't.

*This is the exact language and definition of autonomous one of the Sprint engineers (not tier one nor tier 2 tech, but top sprint engineers) used to describe autonomous to me back on October.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Mine are coming by ups and show deleiver on Saterday.
    Business account?

I ordered mine around 2am last night and it's been backordered. Anyway you can screen grab that info (blur out your full UPS number)?

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Sat delivery? It say 2-4 business day for delivery on my order.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    don't get me started, lol

yeah, evidently these units are all there and some Sprint employees in typical fashion have been giving the most rudimentary feedback...such as "it's shiny" and "looks nice!". Ugh. Though entropism has given some real info at least.

I still wanna know:
    • OS build (sure it's 6.1, but which build?)
    • How does MMS work (the manual makes it like the GSM version, antithetical to Sprint's system)
    • Memory: for crying out loud!
    • GPS standalone
    • Screensaver
    • LED support
    • Reception
    i found a store with one. in route now. wish me luck. must get answers
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Via Gearlog, from Sprint direct:

Well, I sure hope they approve it! They reportedly have it in stock, trainer units at the stores and even took some orders, lol. Sounds more like they have to cross their "i's" and dot their "t's" ;-)
    Nah, in my opinion it is an issue having to do with not selling ahead of both fully third party sellers like Best buy as well as the increasing nubmer of stores that ar sprint labeled but actually resellers.

Those other sellers would be ticked off if sprint sold ahead of them when they had a pre arranged first sale date for those channels.

My next day air shows as saturday, so I don't know what that means!
    GL!

Ask to see the advocate selling material !

Has anyone else seen this? It really does empathize autonomous and says this means off of sprint (cross myheart)
    how can i check gps without installing 3rd party apps on his device?
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I got 10 bucks that says some mentally challenged employee is confused between the Treo Pro and the Touch Pro.

I hope I'm wrong because I want answers too.
    Last edited by rc46; 01/22/2009 at 03:23 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Ask to see the advocate selling material !

Has anyone else seen this? It really does empathize autonomous and says this means off of sprint (cross myheart)
    if he has it what do i look for? in english please. ill do my best.

eta 2o minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I got 10 bucks that says some stupid sprint employee is confused between the Treo Pro and the Touch Pro.

No save your $10. Stores have working advocate copies (tiht box etc. included)

I have played with it.

the charger is round cylinder , a bit bigger than a 35mm film case with a detachable usb cable. ( i dont think that has been noted before so those who bother to check back know I have in fact seen it).
    the manuals are slim about the width of a cigarret box and 50% taller
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I got 10 bucks that says some stupid sprint employee is confused between the Treo Pro and the Touch Pro.

nope. even though he siad it was his first wm device, he compared it to the 800w. he even called it the 850 when comparing it with 800w.
    if he has it what do i look for? in english please. ill do my best.

eta 2o minutes.
    He had computer printouts of sales material that compared the pro to prior devices. look for the second mention of GPS. it isn't public material but looks like a kind of illustrated script for why it is better than other devices
    how can i check gps without installing 3rd party apps on his device?
    Get a fix with Live Search--should be installed in ROM.

Now turn off the radio, soft reset the device and launch Live Search again. Try the GPS feature.

It won't get the Map data (obviously) but it should still say connecting to GPS and show your location.

[To be honest, I think the GPS is moot as it probably does work. What is more important is this RAM issue, as that matters for everyday use.]

He had computer printouts of sales material that compared the pro to prior devices. look for the second mention of GPS. it isn't public material but looks like a kind of illustrated script for why it is better than other devices
    Get a fix with Live Search--should be installed in ROM.

Now turn off the radio, soft reset the device and launch Live Search again. Try the GPS feature.

It won't get the Map data (obviously) but it should still say connecting to GPS and show your location.

[To be honest, I think the GPS is moot as it probably does work. What is more important is this RAM issue, as that matters for everyday use.]
    ............. k
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast