Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My 2-year contract with Sprint is up on February 16. Is it likely that Sprint will make me wait until the actual day of contract expiration before giving me the best deal? What is the likelihood that I would be able to talk them into a good discount 1-2 weeks before that date? If possible, I'd like to upgrade to the Pro as soon as it's available.
    Depends on your account.

If it's in good standing, then you can probably get it no problem. I was only a little over a year through my contract, and I got the full $250 discount on my 800w.

Then again, I'm eligible for something silly like 30 lines.
  3.    #3  
    The account is in good standing, so it sounds like a serious attempt is worth the time and effort.

So just to be clear, $250 is likely to be the biggest discount? (Newb question, I know).
    Errr, sorry about that, fat fingered. The discount is $150 after 2 years (pesky 2 being next to 1....). $75 is the discount you're technically eligible for (after 1 year and before 2).

They did give me a $50 credit per line (I've heard different numbers on that, ranging from $25 to $75) as a "good customer" credit.

You should have no problems getting the full $150 if you're only a few weeks shy. It's the people 6 months into their contract that were upgrading that Sprint is cracking down on. If you have a good account, it's worth asking about the other credit.
  5.    #5  
    Cool, thanks!

Forgot to ask, should I assume that I won't necessarily get to keep the same monthly rate? Currently my "SERO F&F 500 - $0.0" is $30.00/month and gives me unlimited data, unlimited long-distance minutes and unlimited night/weekend minutes.

I wouldn't mind spending a little more on the phone itself so long as the monthly rate stays low. But of course, Sprint probably already knows that.
    Quote Originally Posted by forteanajones View Post
    Cool, thanks!

Forgot to ask, should I assume that I won't necessarily get to keep the same monthly rate? Currently my "SERO F&F 500 - $0.0" is $30.00/month and gives me unlimited data, unlimited long-distance minutes and unlimited night/weekend minutes.

I wouldn't mind spending a little more on the phone itself so long as the monthly rate stays low. But of course, Sprint probably already knows that.
    You should be able to keep your SERO plan unless they require the Simply Everything Plan on the Pro like they do on the Instinct and what's expected on the Pre. I would never mention your plan, just say you want the two year upgrade credit and renew your contract. Just stress that you're not changing your plan, just extending it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  7.    #7  
    Excellent, I feel much better about my options now. Thanks, guys.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Like some of us that has discuss earlier, me and other folks was able to login to Sprint website and upgrade our phone and see the full discount price.

So I dont know.

I wonder if I walk into a Sprint reseller store and talk to this guy nicely, he would let me extend the contract or he would have to call up Sprint to find out? I still have 6 months left and I dont mind extend my precious SERO for another 2 yrs.
    Coming up next...
    Here is the email I received regarding my account. I think it should answer questions about new phone upgrades.

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am glad to assist you regarding the
    handset upgrade.

We do offer our customers the opportunity, to upgrade their phone, by
    offering rebates on new phones. Depending on how long you have had your
    phone, you may be qualified for a rebate of up to $150 on the purchase
    of a new PCS phone. For this, two year subscriber agreement needs to be
    renewed. Below is a listing of the rebate amounts and the basic
    conditions for the rebate

Rebate Amount Condition for rebate

$150.00 Phone should be active for 22
    months

$75.00 Phone should be active for 12
    months

I am glad to inform you that all the five phone numbers qualifies for the $75.00 rebate (each) and these phones will qualify for the $150.00 (each) rebate on December 01, 2008.

(My contract date was February 2006)

Whenever the phone becomes eligible for the $150.00 rebate then it also
    becomes eligible to purchase the handset at the online price (same for
    new customers).

So, each phone on your account will be able to purchase the handset at
    online price (same for new customers) after December 01, 2008.

You may keep this email as a confirmation.

You can also check the rebate eligibility by following the below steps:-

1. Go to ?www.sprintrebates.com?.
    2. Click on check your eligibility under Sprint Rebates center (on the
    left hand side)
    3. Enter your phone number and Zip code

If you require any further assistance then please feel free to reply.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I went to a Sprint reseller last week to get my 800w replaced and he said wait 2 months. If your 800w died, you will get the Pro.

To increase your phone of dying quick, run software that runs all the time and get the battery and circuit hot, then it will die quicker!

For me, I run Agile Messenger and Skype and always have my phone plug to the juice and it feels warm. Use wmwifirouter to generate more heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I went to a Sprint reseller last week to get my 800w replaced and he said wait 2 months. If your 800w died, you will get the Pro.

To increase your phone of dying quick, run software that runs all the time and get the battery and circuit hot, then it will die quicker!

For me, I run Agile Messenger and Skype and always have my phone plug to the juice and it feels warm. Use wmwifirouter to generate more heat.
    Wow (shaking head) unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    Wow (shaking head) unbelievable
    x2

Chong, you're being jerked around. They're going to have stock on the 800w for a LOOOONG time. Hell, we still have tons of stock on the 6700s and 6800s, along with Treo 700w and Ps.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    Chong, you're being jerked around. They're going to have stock on the 800w for a LOOOONG time. Hell, we still have tons of stock on the 6700s and 6800s, along with Treo 700w and Ps.
    They may choose to let him upgrade to the Pro. It's been known to happen, though these days it happens less and less.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Why is that when my 800w died, I have to wait the next day to get my phone? They dont stock it at every store?

So there is no hope in getting a Pro when my 800w died again.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Honestly? Because (at least in my store) we get a ton of people who own the older treos, and I've seen maybe 5 total 800ws come in for service. People just don't buy them. I think we've had the same 5 new 800ws in stock since I started working there in September.

Sorry, no, we gave one guy a new phone as a replacement, we used to have 6.
    Just logged into sprint.com. Apparently I have become a "Sprint Premier" customer. One of the benefits is that my main line (mine) is elligible for an upgrade each year rather than at twenty two months. I'm getting the Pro if this is the case. I'm 14 months into contract.
    Why is that when my 800w died, I have to wait the next day to get my phone? They dont stock it at every store?

So there is no hope in getting a Pro when my 800w died again.
    My first 800w was replaced (it failed a RF test according to the technican) via order. The store did not have a 800w to give me so they ordered one and it came in two days. They could always do the same at your store too particularly if it is a corporate one.

They could give the Pro as a replacement (as a courtesy) but nothing is certain.
    Where do you see the "Sprint Premier" customer when you log in?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast