Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.wmexperts.com/more-sprint-treo-pro-details

Thanks, Ebag and anonymous tipster!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I want this phone. I would have liked it with Garnet.. (I know ) but I have a Centro. got it the day they released on Sprint. I have been a PalmOS user for many years. Just want somthing new. I figure using WM6.1 will keep me busy until a Palm Pre with extrenal storage and more apps come along. Until then StyleTap will keep me happy.

I wish Sprint would anounce it already. I have been waiting for this since November!! arrrggg. Just hope it is really availiable on Jan 25th like the rumor sez.

OrionNE
    Heh....been posted for hours and only a single comment on either this post or the article.

Why am I not surprised?
    I'm not sure*. Why are you not surprised?

*(This is not sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Heh....been posted for hours and only a single comment on either this post or the article.

Why am I not surprised?
    What do you mean?
    Just call me Berd.
    Assuming that slide is authentic, I'm happy to see it will work as a standalone GPS.

Like everyone else waiting for this phone, I'm crossing my fingers that listed memory spec is just a mistake.

Does the Q9 really have an 1860mA battery?
    I think he's hinting that the Sprint Pro has low interest from the WM community/potential customers.

Although in fairness, it's a slow day everywhere as I think the Inauguration is on everyone's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Assuming that slide is authentic, I'm happy to see it will work as a standalone GPS.
    Well, that's the mystery right there as the 800w said the same thing but it doesn't. Assuming Palm/Sprint are using their terms in the same way, then it actually won't have standalone.

Lots of questions still need answering/confirmation: GPS, Memory, included software, etc

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    A general lack of interest in the Pro.

Look around, not a lot of places that could carry stories are. Relatively few posts here. The other non-TC Treo Pro forums are dead.

The Pre is certainly a big part to blame for that. A lot of people who would have been interested in the Pro are moving to the Pre.

Stack that on top of the fact that the 800w is only 7 months old, and not many people are gonna pay $550 for a minor hardware/look refresh.

If this were happening 7 months ago, prior to the 800w's release you'd see dozens of posts arguing which set of memory numbers (out of the three) is correct, and why. For the Pro? Nadda a peep.

How about that the processor is reportedly different than the GSM Pro, which is odd as that's a costly move....or that early rumors are that the 800w is still snappier?

Frankly put, the Pro is just old news. A lot of people see it as the same-old-same-old, since it's so similar to the 800w in so many ways. Palm was smart to get IE6 on there, along with Titan, but even that is not enough to generate much interest. Same phone with a slightly different look.

Even if I can't backport IE6 to the 800w (which I'm sure will happen), it wouldn't be enough to get me to move. Titan's already available for the 800w. The Pro really has nothing else to offer (software wise) that the 800w doesn't have, and the hardware isn't really any better.

Which honestly makes me wonder: "Why even bother, especially with the Pre coming out in less than 6 months?"

Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post

Like everyone else waiting for this phone, I'm crossing my fingers that listed memory spec is just a mistake.

Does the Q9 really have an 1860mA battery?
    I believe the Q9 does. That thing has some absolutely sick talk and standby times. Kicks every other smartphone's arse (including the much vaunted BB's).

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Well, that's the mystery right there as the 800w said the same thing but it doesn't. Assuming Palm/Sprint are using their terms in the same way, then it actually won't have standalone.
    In all fairness, the lack of standalone GPS is clearly not intentional. The ROM is setup for standalone, just the option isn't enabled in QPST and there is a bug in the firmware.

One would hope that Palm did not repeat their mistake as the Pro wasn't designed with Verizon in mind (unlike the 800w).
    I think the Treo Pro will do just fine.
    Besides, the Pro might have got more attention if the Pre hadn't stole the show.
    Just call me Berd.
    I personally wouldn't want to be a beta tester for the Pre.

If I was with Sprint and needed a new Treo, I would prolly go with the Treo Pro.
    If I already had the 800, I most likely wouldn't get the Pro.

So Yea, Palms Timing is off, but at the same time, I don't think it's a bad idea putting it out there.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'd get one if it were about 100 bucks... anything higher it doesn't make sense to me since I already have the 800w.
    Can't wait to upgrade to a phone that actually works. Buh bye, 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Can't wait to upgrade to a phone that actually works. Buh bye, 800w.
    Well, I hope if the Treo Pro doesn't work you'll return it within 30 days and not hold onto it again for 6 months, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Well, I hope if the Treo Pro doesn't work you'll return it within 30 days and not hold onto it again for 6 months, LOL.
    Why should you care? LOL
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I'd get one if it were about 100 bucks... anything higher it doesn't make sense to me since I already have the 800w.
    Bingo!!! With the release of the Pre I wouldn't pay more than $100 for the Pro. I have the 800w and jumping to the Pro for $299 is just nuts.
    Why should you care? LOL
    I have my reasons...actually like a thousand

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    http://www.wmexperts.com/more-sprint-treo-pro-details

Thanks, Ebag and anonymous tipster!
    You might want to add STANDALONE GPS - CONFIRMED to your list of Treo Pro features.
    i dont have the 800w and should be getting the pro. i just have to wait and see what kind of deal sprint will give me. i wont pay $600 for it but $250 or so is cool.

i did see the slides yesterday and didn't comment because i didn't have any better info to support with. we know it wont have the 512 storage, 32mb RAM. that has to be a missprint. i also think there were other misprints like 1GB ram for the q9 (i think it only 96MB), so we can only hope at this point.

Thanks for sharing though ebag.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    You might want to add STANDALONE GPS - CONFIRMED to your list of Treo Pro features.
    You keep trumpeting that the standalone gps is confirmed in various posts, but the best I can tell is that your information is based on a single post from a user on HF who played with the pro for a few minutes at a sprint store. I think dieter will probably want better information than that If he's going to proclaim that standalone is unequivocally confirmed. A better test would be to check this in a location where there is absolutely no sprint coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by elh1188 View Post
    You keep trumpeting that the standalone gps is confirmed in various posts, but the best I can tell is that your information is based on a single post from a user on HF who played with the pro for a few minutes at a sprint store. I think dieter will probably want better information than that If he's going to proclaim that standalone is unequivocally confirmed. A better test would be to check this in a location where there is absolutely no sprint coverage.
    Given that Deiter already posted wrong information about the RAM specs, my GPS info is more reliable. Trust me, there will be more testing done.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast