Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    man i miss treo. they just made windows mobile right. i have been a way for a while now. i'm sure i will end up with one, i just hope i will keep it. lol.

what about you guys? anyone made up there minds yet? still on the fence? happy with your 800w?

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I'll get one for review at WME, but will probably return it before the 30 days (come on will power!). Of course I said the same about the Centro and kept it, lol. I'm a sucker for new tech and lazy to return--the perfect consumer.

I just can't justify $300-$600 (depending on what I can get out of Sprint, but probably closer to the latter) for what is basically the same phone but "nicer", especially with the Pre around the corner.

If it had one or more of the following: WM6.5, accelerometer, gyroscope, inductive charging, higher rez screen, ambient light sensor, PTT, WiMax, OLED, multiple screens, multi-touch or any cutting edge stuff, it'd be a different story.

But $600 for new packaging? Not this year--that's a new Nikkor lens ;-)
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/19/2009 at 03:32 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'll get one for review at WME, but will probably return it before the 30 days (come on will power!). Of course I said the same about the Centro and kept it, lol. I'm a sucker for new tech and lazy to return--the perfect consumer.

I just can't justify $300-$600 (depending on what I can get out of Sprint, but probably closer to the latter) for what is basically the same phone but "nicer", especially with the Pre around the corner.

If it had one or more of the following: WM6.5, accelerometer, gyroscope, inductive charging, higher rez screen, ambient light sensor, PTT, WiMax or any cutting edge stuff, it'd be a different story.
    darn it mal. i was just about set for the treo pro. now you got me wanting to wait for the pre.

i would get the pro and consider the pre when it came, but sprint is sticking us with the renewal dates now. i use to be able to get good deals with sprint ever 6 months when new devices came out. it's been getting harder lately and looks like i wont get a deal next time. full price for anything is too much.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    lol, sorry

Hey, at least this time we know about "the next big thing" before we commit to something else!

Imagine if Palm had released the Pro in December and then announced the Pre at CES! That would have made for some interesting posts here at TC.

If I could get the Pro for $200-300, I'd keep it. But yeah, full price (with tax, ugh) no way--that's just rough and since I used my Sprint renewal benny already, I'm probably out.

Passing on the Treo Pro. I had a GSM one for a week. Although an upgrade from the 800 (better battery, looks, etc.) I'm not buying a Palm device for awhile. I still use a 700wx when I don't want to get my primary device dirty or damaged. I used my eligibility rebate for a Touch Pro which I am totally satisfied with.

The Treo Pro is snappy, effecient, good looking device and it will sell well. Just wish it came out in place of the 800 in July. Then maybe some of us would still be Treo customers.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    No Pro for me.

If anyone wants to dump their 800w fast and cheap though....
    I'm glad they boosted the storage memory and added PIE6, both good moves IMO. Not enough there for me to upgrade though. I'm still very happy with the 800w. In fact lately it has been more stable than ever thanks to the great minds in this forum.

I will hold out to see what the Pre ends up being like. I'm about 99.9% sure I will get one unless some real bad news comes out about it. I guess I owe it to Palm to buy one after all the money I made off them in the last month.

I knew when certain regular posters here were saying that Palm was dead in the water, done, finished, that it was time to buy some stock. It worked out real good. I can't believe it went up another 10% today.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm staying put with the 800w. Very stable. And with the Seidio extended battery, I have no complaints at all.

Randal

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    man i miss treo. they just made windows mobile right. i have been a way for a while now. i'm sure i will end up with one, i just hope i will keep it. lol.

what about you guys? anyone made up there minds yet? still on the fence? happy with your 800w?

cody
    Wow...it seems as though I spent the last few months reading forum after forum and learning about the 800 and the issues.

I went ahead and purchased one anyway. I upgraded from the 700wx and have configured my 800 to the way I like it (Big Ups to all that have posted hacks and tweaks )

I just can't switch up yet because 1. I'll have to start all over with the tweaking/hacking 2. As soon as I do the Treo 1000xyz will be released.
    Last edited by schoolgirl04; 01/19/2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added a bit more
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    But $600 for new packaging? Not this year--that's a new Nikkor lens ;-)
    I'm with Mal! I need this more than I need a new phone!
    i am very happy with my 800w - some quirks here and there

like the way the pro looks and would switch out but i am not willing to drop the required coin to do so.

my wife is wanting to dump her centro but i am trying to get her to wait for the pre - she wants something more iphonish (ie instinct) but I not sure she would be overly happy with that one
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I'm with Mal! I need this more than I need a new phone!
    lol, noyce...

ahh..fellow nikonian (better get that lens soon, prices are going up as we speak!)

Quote Originally Posted by schoolgirl04 View Post
    2. As soon as I do the Treo 1000xyz will be released.
    And that is when I upgrade. Don't want the Pro. I like my "Ford Pickup"...LOL. It will make a great backup phone a couple years from now when I do get that Treo 1000...
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    I'm not getting the Pro either. The main complaint I had with the 800w was the missing calls/delayed texts issue. After getting my 4th replacement I haven't had that issue since and my calls have been much clearer also.
    I'm another one waiting for the Pre.
    (Thread title edited so I could leave in the 800w forum)
    Hey Cody, long time...

If I can get a Treo Pro at a reduced price, I'll probably go for it. Swapping my 800w for a TP may fix a few issues for me, but it aint worth the full price.

Slightly OT, I'm also following the Pre with keen interest. However my gut feel tells me it'll be quite some time before they launch it, shake the bugs out, and have a broad enough base of apps for me to switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

cody
    I'm sticking with my 800w... I like its looks over the 850/Pro.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Alright... I'll say it. I'm getting the Pro day one, sooner if I can coax some Sprint salesperson.

I posted in the Pro forum why the Pre is not for me (at least not yet)
    I'll be curious how good of reception you guys get on cdma.
    I hope they gave you guys an amazing radio like they did for gsm.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1993-1.htm
    Just call me Berd.
    I most likely will not trade in my 800w for the Pro. Like most of you, the feature set does not justify the $500 price point.

I predict this phone will not do well with the Pre coming so soon after. The problem with launching phones every 5 months on one network (800w, Pro, Pre on Sprint) is that people only get upgrades once every two years. People generally will not spend $500 on a device unless it has an apple on it. Sure there are the exceptions like some of us, but most phone users don't surf forums.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast