Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme View Post
    Is missed calls and delayed texts a known phone issue??

I have the same problem. Always delayed texts and I miss calls where the phone rings on the callers end, but the actual phone I have never rings!! I thought this was just a network issue, but if this is know...I am going to pursue this. So is it?
    Not for the majority i.e. no, it's not normal behavior.

Couple of possibilities:
    • You are roaming
    • You are using 1x data at the time
    • You have it set so calls won't interrupt Data on EvDO
    • Cell towers/network is having issues
    • You can try this possible solution
    • You have 3rd party software (TreoAlerts w/color LED; Schap's Advanced Config tool, etc.) or hacks which are interfering
    • You have defective hardware

Main question: does the problem persist after a hard-reset and nothing loaded?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Wow..thanks for the detailed post.

Yes the problem persists after the reset.

I will check that hack link you sent. I am not roaming and I am EVDO in Los Angeles. As for third party sofware, I dont run any. Just the bare phone.

I also have a problem with Gmail hanging, I am going to try the other hack too for Gmail and IMAP. Any thoughts on that?

I have the same problem. Always delayed texts and I miss calls where the phone rings on the callers end, but the actual phone I have never rings!! I thought this was just a network issue, but if this is know...I am going to pursue this. So is it?
    In my case and several others it ended up being a defective device. 2 of the 4 devices I've had exhibited the problem. One had stuck pixels. The 4th is perfect so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    In my case and several others it ended up being a defective device. 2 of the 4 devices I've had exhibited the problem. One had stuck pixels. The 4th is perfect so far.
    You and I had the same problem on the same day if I remember correctly. The radio was toast and I got a replacement. Device #2 decided to go that route too. I changed to a BlackBerry them came back to the 800 for a 3rd time. The radio worked on that one but I could never ActiveSync (ever), the earpiece was much more muffled than the previous two among other things so switched to Touch Pro. Moral- I had 3, you win.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.

Try this post:
    Improve "Slow" Ringer: Change SCI
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174963

It (and more) can be found in the FAQ:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174204
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That's some bad luck. Guard your 4th one with your life. LOL

Vibrant, will you be getting the Treo Pro or did all of your 800w problems sour you on Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Vibrant, will you be getting the Treo Pro or did all of your 800w problems sour you on Palm?
    RTT; Post #5

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    That's some bad luck. Guard your 4th one with your life. LOL

No Treo Pro. I say that now but who knows. I won't be doing a Day 1 purchase. More like if I find a deal on one. I have 3 handsets right now, not looking for another one at this time. The 800 really ruined if for me. I wish the 800 had been scrapped and the Treo Pro was released instead.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    You got 3 handset? Do you just go to the Sprint website and keep swaping those ESN?

I wish Sprint use SIM card.

I wonder if Sprint allow you do do that everyday?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Yeah, since all the phones are programmed already it only takes a minute.

its look nice..looks like my birthday may be coming early this year..sprint treo pro is up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayKode View Post
    its look nice..looks like my birthday may be coming early this year..sprint treo pro is up.
    Hey, that's great! I've been looking daily so it must've just come on. Why does this phone cost more than an iphone? I just don't understand it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Nice! Looks like Sprint really is going with a soft rollout.

Hmm, too bad the site doesn't answer any questions on the memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

This might be what you're looking for:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7...anges-rumored/

Sprint Treo Pro Hardware Changes Rumored
    Posted By: Kris Keilhack on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:23:11 PM

Rumor: While the WebOS-powered Pre may be Palm's most anticipated upcoming smartphone offering, a CDMA version of the Treo Pro for Sprint appears to be the next Palm device that will actually arrive on store shelves. So while many have been expecting the long-anticipated CDMA version the Treo Pro to merely substitute the GSM radio for a CDMA one, details are starting to emerge that the CDMA Pro arriving on Sprint will see a noticeable boost in several key areas.

According to this WMExperts report as well as this TreoCentral article, some leaked Sprint internal training slides are now suggesting that the Sprint Treo Pro has received a few news-worthy hardware and software changes. First off, the Sprint Pro's CPU has reportedly received a nice boost to 528 MHz, a substantial increase over the previous 400 MHz. While the GSM Treo Pro has the highest-clocked CPU in a Palm smartphone to date, some users have reported that it does not feel as snappy in day-to-day usage as its older, Treo 800w brethren clocked at 333 MHz.

In addition, the CDMA Pro's exact memory specifications are still up in the air. According to the slides posted by WMExperts, the CDMA Pro's memory capacity has been slashed to the unlikely figures of 32mb program memory and 512mb storage. If accurate, this decrease in program memory would put the Treo Pro on par with the three year-old Treo 700w, a device greatly maligned for its skimpy memory specifications.

However an older, more plausible rumor suggests its memory capacity will mirror the Pro's GSM stable mate, with 128mb program memory and 175mb of user storage available. Another rumor suggests that the program memory has been boosted to a sizable 512mb with 300mb of space available for user storage. Based on the Pro's status as Palm's current flagship device, I would imagine that the CDMA Pro's RAM allocation would at worst be equal to the GSM Pro's and at best may even see a pleasant bump in capacity.

Finally, a few more differences reportedly separate the CDMA Treo Pro from its unlocked GSM brethren:

Sprint's own Java solution, Titan, is included in ROM vs. the standard Windows Mobile JVM, and Kinoma Play's free media payer app is bundled in the device's ROM. And while this comes as no surprise to GSM Treo Pro users, critics of the Treo 800w's hobbled GPS functionality will be glad to hear that the CDMA Pro's A-GPS is "Assisted and Autonomous", meaning the device does not require to be in an area of Sprint coverage in order to perform navigation duties.

So it now appears that the long-standing rumor concerning an upcoming CDMA version of the Windows Mobile 6.1-powered Treo Pro truly appears to be nearing reality, especially given the fact that it recently passed the FCC certification process. With AT&T apparently declining to carry the Treo Pro in any official capacity, Sprint's Treo Pro will be the first carrier-endorsed version of this device in the US market. In addition, the Pro's availability in Sprint retail stores nationwide will ensure that many customers will finally have the opportunity to demo the Pro firsthand.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Hey, that's great! I've been looking daily so it must've just come on. Why does this phone cost more than an iphone? I just don't understand it.
    i noticed soon as the Pro went up, the 800w dropped in price. its now at $199 with a 2yr contract to get the 800w. to me the Pro is pretty expensive out of contract. i will check ebay or wait it out alittle. till it gets to the $350-400 range out of contract pricing
    i noticed soon as the Pro went up, the 800w dropped in price. its now at $199 with a 2yr contract to get the 800w. to me the Pro is pretty expensive out of contract. i will check ebay or wait it out alittle. till it gets to the $350-400 range out of contract pricing
    One other thing, to get the $100 rebate you have to get the SE plan so the price without is $349.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

i wonder will it be vunerable to cracks in the housing like "some" of the gsm batches had. coming from an 800w, upgrading to an Treo Pro isnt a budge wise decision for now. i just dont see any reason to upgrade,im pretty happy with the 800w and its performance.
    One other thing, to get the $100 rebate you have to get the SE plan so the price without is $349.99.
    im assuming all upcoming sprint pda devices may require an SE Plan in order to get the discount, even if you buy a device like a curve from bestbuy ,it requires an SE Plan, they really trying to get people to let go the older plan like sero and get into the newer plans. eventually everyone will change their plan, we all have to give in sometimes..lol..especially if the discount is pretty good.
    This might be what you're looking for:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7...anges-rumored/

Sprint Treo Pro Hardware Changes Rumored
    Posted By: Kris Keilhack on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:23:11 PM
    does anyone know whats the maximum size Microsd hc card it will take? since the 16GB Microsd HC is out now.
    Last edited by GrayKode; 01/22/2009 at 12:02 AM.
    does anyone know whats the maximum size Microsd hc card it will take? since the 32GB Microsd HC is out now.
    On the website you showed, click on more info and scroll down to the tabs and click on full features and it says it handles 8 gig.

I'll gladly pay the $100 and keep my SERO. It will pay me back in two months, and after that I'll be making $50 a month.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast