Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    It wasn't a big expense for them to make it cdma was it?

I could see them saying; 'why not'
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It wasn't a big expense for them to make it cdma was it?

I could see them saying; 'why not'
    A lot more expensive than not doing it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    A lot more expensive than not doing it at all.
    I guess what I'm asking is.

Maybe it's a little late to be putting the Pro out there because of the Pre and 800.
    But if it isn't too difficult to take the Treo Pro and make it cdma, they still will make money, and to Palm, it's not a stupid move.

Why not put it out there, what have they got to lose?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I'm glad they boosted the storage memory and added PIE6,

Does the 800w have PIE6 or PIE5?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Does the 800w have PIE6 or PIE5?
    The older one. That's part of the reason why web surfing isn't very good on the 800w. I think that the Treo Pro will be the first phone ever to have 6 on 6.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I still love my 800w. Not perfect, but still the best converged device I've had.
    I am intrigued by the Pre, though. Who knows, perhaps it'll be enough for me to leave WM?
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    That's part of the reason why web surfing isn't very good on the 800w. I think that the Treo Pro will be the first phone ever to have 6 on 6.
    But I'm sure you'll agree that no one uses PIE anymore, so hardly a selling point--everyone just installs 3rd party browsers. Too bad it didn't come with Opera Mobile like HTC and some Moto devices.
    Yup. Hard to imagine that anyone uses PIE any longer. Most of us have moved on to much better browsers.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/20/2009 at 06:31 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The Treo Pro is definitely an improvement in the treo form-factor, but other than a wicked-sweet battery, is all too similar to the 800w in performance and overall use. Starting new service I'd recommend the pro just for the battery and htc-goodness that is its formfactor, but if your gonna pay no committment for any device, wait for the PRE and drop your cash on a completely different animal. My 800w is fantastic just for the wifi button and all the lil WinMob refinements palm usually throws in. Treo Pro just doesn't bring enough WOW to the table to warrent a switch.
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I would get the Pro from what I have been reading here. I want to confirm my favorite software works before I get one.

I might have to get one from ebay and if it the $350 range, I will get it. If I sell my 800w for $100, then thats the difference.

Both are using WM6.1 so those that like the 800w might be able to get a few more at a cheap price on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33d_Dialz View Post
    The Treo Pro is definitely an improvement in the treo form-factor, but other than a wicked-sweet battery, is all too similar to the 800w in performance and overall use.
    I wouldn't quite call it "wicked-sweet". Despite the 30% increase in size, it only lasts 11% longer (according to the information we have currently, which could change).

Nice to have if you can get it, but you'll get a bigger bang out of the Seidio 1350 mAh battery, which will give you a 20% increase in talk time (without the extra hump). And that's only a $39.95 upgrade instead of a $549.99 one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    But I'm sure you'll agree that no one uses PIE anymore, so hardly a selling point--everyone just installs 3rd party browsers. Too bad it didn't come with Opera Mobile like HTC and some Moto devices.
    You're obviously not familiar with OperaMini or Skyfire.
    You're obviously not familiar with OperaMini or Skyfire.
    What makes you say that? And what does either have to do with the Treo Pro and IE6?

But I'm sure you'll agree that no one uses PIE anymore, so hardly a selling point--everyone just installs 3rd party browsers.
    I use PIE. Opera is on my Instinct but not on my Treo.

Too bad it didn't come with Opera Mobile like HTC and some Moto devices.
    If everybody just installs 3rd party browers anyway, what's stopping them now? There's obviously no need to pre-install opera mobile if it only takes someone so inclined 10 minutes to find and install it anyway. Since "everybody" is doing it anyway, pre-installation is not necessary.
    Standalone GPS is confirmed on the Treo Pro! LOVING IT
    Quote Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
    I use PIE. Opera is on my Instinct but not on my Treo.
    I only use PIE actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
    If everybody just installs 3rd party browers anyway, what's stopping them now? There's obviously no need to pre-install opera mobile if it only takes someone so inclined 10 minutes to find and install it anyway. Since "everybody" is doing it anyway, pre-installation is not necessary.
    It was tongue and cheek/inside joke.

The Treo Pro's "virtual" soft keys don't work so well in full-screen PIE; so nsxprime commented that no one uses PIE anyways, so no big deal. Well, I use PIE, so it matters.

I just thought it was funny since he touted IE6 on the Pro, lol.

Pie+ for me.
    I only use PIE actually.

It was tongue and cheek/inside joke.

The Treo Pro's "virtual" soft keys don't work so well in full-screen PIE; so nsxprime commented that no one uses PIE anyways, so no big deal. Well, I use PIE, so it matters.

I just thought it was funny since he touted IE6 on the Pro, lol.
    Sorry...I missed that.
  18.    #38  
    i use pie and i'm somebody. lol.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i use pie and i'm somebody. lol.
    Hi....my name's Gabe....

"Hi Gabe."

It's been 4 hours since I last used PIE. I'm trying, really, and some days are better than others. I used Opera Mini last night...but...it just doesn't make me feel the way that PIE does.....
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm not getting the Pro either. The main complaint I had with the 800w was the missing calls/delayed texts issue. After getting my 4th replacement I haven't had that issue since and my calls have been much clearer also.
    I'm another one waiting for the Pre.
    Is missed calls and delayed texts a known phone issue??

I have the same problem. Always delayed texts and I miss calls where the phone rings on the callers end, but the actual phone I have never rings!! I thought this was just a network issue, but if this is know...I am going to pursue this. So is it?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast