Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I've got some problems with notes which locks up. The only solution I can think of would be a cold hard boot and resync with my computer to slowly readd my programs. Is there another way to fix notes?
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    how about moving all your notes to another PC, then try again.

If it starts OK without any notes to read, then would think you may
    have a corrupted file causing the problem.

Just a thought.
    RJuhl
    Just a suggestion to hopefully help for future issues:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=173379
    I put it together for the Treo Pro, but it can still apply to the 800.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    There is no question that the program file for notes is corrupted because it won't load even with no notes on board. Does anyone know of a way to get an uncorrupted version of the program file?
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    Quote Originally Posted by hlazar View Post
    There is no question that the program file for notes is corrupted because it won't load even with no notes on board. Does anyone know of a way to get an uncorrupted version of the program file?
    Voice recordings are part of the Notes Program. Do you have any saved recordings?

Otherwise, hard reset. A new Notes program will be created in the RAM by the ROM after the hard reset is done.

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I tried a hard reset with a sprite back up. Still the same problems. I don't think I created a voice recording, but what would the file look like?
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I relooked at the files in my documents and found recording 1 and recording 2. Deleting them solved the problem. Thanks everyone
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    Hard reset and do not restore from a Sprite backup. You may be restoring the problem from your backup.

After the hard reset, open the Notes program and test it. If it now works fine, do a fresh install of everthing. Not a restore from the backup.....

Voice recordings will have a Windows Media icon to the left of the file. "normal" text notes will have a page icon to the left of the file...

Edit:
    Great, so you had a corrupt voice recording. Disregard what I said above since it is now working. I posted the above without seeing your last reply....
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Hard reset and do not restore from a Sprite backup. You may be restoring the problem from your backup.
    Yea, I'm not sure if my instructions confuse some.

@hlazar,
    my suggestion was for prevention of possible future issues.
    When all is good, do a Sprite Backup, to save the state of your device as a good place to restore to.

I do a Sprite Backup every so often when things are good.
    That way if things go bad, I can just go back to when things were still good.

I think I had better update that post, maybe clarify a few things.

Glad all is well for you again.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I did a hard backup once and it took a week to get everything back the way I like it. I was hoping to avoid that
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    That's what I'm saying.
    Get everything the way you like it.
    Then do a Sprite Backup.
    Now, if anything goes weird, it's no problem to do a Hard Reset. 5 minutes max, and everything is Restored right back to the way you liked it.