Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by the keyboard comment.

If it's the same as the GSM Treo Pro, then I prefer the 800w, but yeah different strokes...
    I love my Treo Pro but I still like my 750 kb better.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Sure is. Glad to hear that the Treo Pro has a BETTER keyboard than the 800w.
    Not sure how you read that from the OP's comments?
    Sure is. Glad to hear that the Treo Pro has a BETTER keyboard than the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Not sure how you read that from the OP's comments?
    I think he was referring to this comment.

Anyway, everyone who gets one will have 30 days to decide .
  4.    #24  
    Bad pic I know, but best I could get at the time:

5.    #25  
    After a couple of rounds with the Sprint Pro, I don't know if it is enough of a "work phone" for my use.

After adding the 2600 mah battery to my 800w, it is a workhorse now, the battery is amazing in how much more I can use the 800 albeit making it heavier, certainly a disadvantage. Aside from a few issues, the 800 is the best, most stable phone I have owned and the keyboard works well in my case as I send several long emails daily.

I can see Sprint selling a lot of the Treo Pro's, it feels really nice and well made when you pick it up, kind of struck me as a phone I would carry on Sunday, as I say it is really impressive. I am going to try it out but I don't know if it is a "production device" in the way I use the 800. The keyboard on the Pro is different / smaller and would take some time to get comfortable with, at least in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Bad pic I know, but best I could get at the time:

Did you take that pic with your 800w? LOL Just kidding. The Treo Pro looks amazing. Thanks.

How's the earpiece/speakerphone clarity compared to the 800w? The 800w is one of the worst phones I've ever used in terms of clarity. So muddy and breaks up badly when the volume is increased.
  7.    #27  
    HA! I did take the picture with my 800w and yes, the audio was better on the Pro.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I love my Treo Pro but I still like my 750 kb better.
    So you have one now?

I was @ a party last night in my neighborhood and met a guy that works for Sprint and he has a pre-production Treo Pro and he let me play with it. It had the etchings of a "beta" type device. I'd never see that before. Pretty neat. Anywho, this is one solid device! My primary personal phone is a Centro and when I saw the Treo Pro my eyes almost popped out of my head. It felt great and I couldn't believe the size of the screen & keyboard it's relatively "huge". I have a tough time typing on the Centro and kind of always envy'd the 755's style keyboard, but IMO the Treo Pro's will blow it away. I love the tackyness of the Centro's. I can't wait till it's out. I convinced my work place to go with Sprint because they get the latest devices and the best business pricing. Everyone here got a htc Touch Pro, but I told my boss that I'd hold off and wait for the Treo Pro. Thanks GOD I did. This thing it awesome!! He also confirmed that Jan. 25th, 2009 will be the release date for the Treo Pro.
    Seven days fella's/fellaette's and it becomes a reality.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    So you have one now?

I was @ a party last night in my neighborhood and met a guy that works for Sprint and he has a pre-production Treo Pro and he let me play with it. It had the etchings of a "beta" type device. I'd never see that before. Pretty neat. Anywho, this is one solid device! My primary personal phone is a Centro and when I saw the Treo Pro my eyes almost popped out of my head. It felt great and I couldn't believe the size of the screen & keyboard it's relatively "huge". I have a tough time typing on the Centro and kind of always envy'd the 755's style keyboard, but IMO the Treo Pro's will blow it away. I love the tackyness of the Centro's. I can't wait till it's out. I convinced my work place to go with Sprint because they get the latest devices and the best business pricing. Everyone here got a htc Touch Pro, but I told my boss that I'd hold off and wait for the Treo Pro. Thanks GOD I did. This thing it awesome!! He also confirmed that Jan. 25th, 2009 will be the release date for the Treo Pro.
    Seven days fella's/fellaette's and it becomes a reality.
    I forgot to mention, it'll be the first device in the USA to have winMo v6.1 and IE6!
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    OK, I get it.

Now I just want to know if I can get it for $249. I still have 6 mths to go in my contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    So you have one now?
    The GSM version has been out for several months now.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    OIC, so what are the main differences between the GSM & CDMA? Processor, battery life, GPS, etc.
    _

-
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    HA! I did take the picture with my 800w and yes, the audio was better on the Pro.
    LOL

So glad to hear that the Treo Pro can be used as a phone. I really missed that functionality with my 800w.

Lots of reports praising the Treo Pro's keyboard. Can't wait for my upgrade!
    So glad to hear that the Treo Pro can be used as a phone. I really missed that functionality with my 800w.
    If you couldn't use your 800w as a phone, why on earth did you keep it past 30 days?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    If you couldn't use your 800w as a phone, why on earth did you keep it past 30 days?
    I was wondering the exact same thing!

And obviously NSX hasn't done the volume tweak yet. I have an ear issue that makes it hard for me to hear on the phone, and was sorely missing the 700wx (pretty much the only reason I missed it, couldn't go back due to all the other things I don't miss). After using the volume tweak I was using the Mrs phone (my old 700wx) and wondered how the heck I could ever hear on that (or hear on the 800w before the tweak!). The 800w with the volume tweak is so much louder and clearer, the difference--while subtle--is quite startling.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Now I just want to know if I can get it for $249. I still have 6 mths to go in my contract.
    Only if you do one of the following:
    • Find a new Sprint Treo Pro on Ebay for around the price you got your 800w for on Ebay. I highly doubt you'll find a new Sprint Treo Pro selling for that cheap on Ebay anytime this year, unless the seller is suspect or ends their auction on a very low traffic day.
    • Nag Sprint that you are not pleased with your 800w and want to upgrade to the Treo Pro. I don't know if any group outside of retentions would be willing.
    • If you are on a Sprint Family Plan, buy the Treo Pro using someone else's line. (Of course their line would be locked into an extended contract.) If you do this maneuver talk to the Sprint reps about how to do it in a manner that gets you all the discounts. They don't mind doing it and can advise you how to run this option best.
    Perhaps the better question is why would you think you are entitled to the Pro for $249?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Perhaps the better question is why would you think you are entitled to the Pro for $249?
    Sprint has been telling some of us who are in the middle of contracts that we are eligible for an "upgrade", but it's not the full discount you get with a new 2 year contract. He only asked because he was told he can get an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Um, because it gets me a free Treo Pro thanks to the defective GPS. LOL

As for the volume hack, it's worthless to me. The speaker is still junk. Muddy at low volumes is still muddy at high volumes. What I want is a better speaker like the one found in the GSM Treo Pro, the Sprint Diamond, the Mogul, etc.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    First look at it today and I agree with another poster...its the best looking phone in the store.
    Cool box as stated. Packaged with English and Spanish quick start guides. Two piece home charger (one piece is a usb cord and the other resembles the touchstone but actually accepts the the usb portion of the the cord and plugs into a wall). The device froze when powered up after a white line came through on the lcd display. After a battery pull, the device functioned as properly as an unprovisioned device might behave. Tomorrow it should be provisioned and I will have a better take on it. Makes me excited for the Pre but also instilled a renewed interest in WM devices (I previously vowed to never use a WM device again).
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast