Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Pre announcement is really taking a toll on this section of the discussion boards. I think I'm going to get a Sprint Treo Pro and wait on the Pre awhile. I use Exchange, Hotmail and Mesh. I do love the Zen of Palm though. I went back to my Centro from a Sprint Diamond before the 30 days were up. It was just that much more functional for me. I have been using Palm since Nov. 04 with the 650. I will probably get a Pre but not the first day.
  2. JwY
    Yup, it's pretty quiet since the Pre announcement.
    Weird, isn't it? I mean I know the Pre is big news but there is just nothing on the Pro for Sprint. No stories, no chatter.

I'd still like to see a spec list and some info on the ROM at least! I can't believe we don't have that yet.

Hopefully something will come out soon to wet our appetites.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    i know....its finally posted on sites and my friend at Sprint can officially talk about it !!! i am very excited... hate my 800w
    tell us more eli
    Maybe elistone just time traveled from 10/2008 when there was tangible buzz.

Or more likely: Tease!
    i dont understand r u just teasing me cuz its official?
    oh ... you really do mean that the word isnt out yet! i just real Mals post closer... crap i ACTUALLY know something for a change... i have an nonest to goodness cross my heart CONFIRMATION but i dont know what i should do...i have the email w the confirmed Sprint treo pro specs rom etc..should i cut paste? i dont want to get my friend in trouble and leak something if its to early..
    tell you what, i can do
    i will leave the who it is to: and from:
    enjoy guys, i have been pestering this dear Sprint exec freind of mine FOREVER!!

you can count on this internal email.....even though i be a noonie
    goodnight, ill check on you tomoorow at work from my treo

Subject: Treo PRO launch-1/25/09

Treo™ PRO by PalmŪ Handset Launch

Start: 1.25.09

The Treo™ Pro by PalmŪ is a feature rich Windows Mobile 6.1 OS PDA which is a perfect balance of robust productivity and simplicity. Features include embedded WiFi with a dedicated short-cut key, A-GPS, EV-DO REV.A and a 2.0 mega pixel camera. This device has an updated stylish and slim form factor design. Data services run on Sprint’s Nationwide Mobile Broadband Network.

Key Features

· Stylish, slim touchscreen PDA

· Robust battery life with an 1500 mAh li-lon battery and 5 hours of continuous talk time.

· Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition (OS) providing a feature rich experience (with Enterprise SCMDM options)

· 512MB program memory (DDR) 256 non-volatile memory (300MB of user storage)

· A-GPS – for navigation and turn-by-turn directions - Autonomous & Simultaneous GPS allows points of interests searching and mapping from contacts.

· Instant-on WiFi short-cut key - WPA/WPA2 certified

· Bluetooth v2.0 and A2DP Stereo Bluetooth enabled, enjoy the convenience of hands-free communication by using headsets, car-kits and other Bluetooth-compatible devices

· Sprint Mobile Broadband with Power Vision – EV-DO REV.A

Unique Features

· Thinner Windows Mobile Treo product with 320 x 320 touch panel display

· Full QWERTY keyboard and one-handed navigation and touch-screen

· Sprint Speed Data: EV-DO REV.A with mobile receive diversity for true 3G experience – with high-speed data download and upload speeds-

· 128MB program memory (DDR) and 256 non-volatile memory (175MB of user store)

· 2.0 Megapixel resolution Camera for still and video shots with BPP Basic Printing Profile

· WiFi short-cut key and embedded WiFi for data

Supported Services:

· GPS Navigation Enabled, supporting both consumer applications such as Sprint Navigation, Telenav and Garmin, along with supporting third-party location based data applications such as Telenav Track, Xora, Airclick, @Road, Actsoft, Gearworks, and Vettro, which are popular with businesses.

· Pocket Express - to retrieve customized, up-to-date web content such as sports, weather, news, money and movie information with the push of a button.

· Sprint TV to watch the latest news, weather, sports and more.

· Sprint Music

· Sprint IM – Yahoo, AOL AIM and MSN Messenger

Pricing:

SRP: $549.99; 2 Yr Net $399.99; Flat Rate $249.99; Point of Sale Price: $249.99

Thank you,
    so does that mean $249 with a new 2 yr contract after mir?
    Yup.
    Thank you elistone!
    http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-treo-pro-specs-finally

Weird that it only has aGPS--everyone was expecting full, standalone GPS. Hmm, well we'll see when we get one.

dude...nsxprime is gonna be totally pissed...lol
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/15/2009 at 10:33 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm a little confused. Under Key Features:

Under Unique Features:

Which is it?
    It very well may have standalone, but not be advertised.

Still, given how standalone GPS is such a big deal, you'd think they'd advertise it. Unless, of course, it's not....

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm a little confused. Under Key Features:

Under Unique Features:

Which is it?

Good catch!

The numbers for user storage don't make sense either.
    1500mAh battery and impressive talk times! The standby time is going to be great on the Treo Pro. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    1500mAh battery and impressive talk times! The standby time is going to be great on the Treo Pro. Love it.
    Yeah. Too bad it takes a 30% bigger battery to get a 10% increase in talk time.

And since the talk time is the same as the GSM Pro, it's likely that the standby time is unchanged.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    How do you figure that? The Pro has a 30% larger battery than the 800w but only nets 11% longer talk time when comparing both published numbers. That points to a less than ideal relationship between maH and talk time, and considering the 800w is using an older MSM I would have expected that relationship to be reversed.
    Last edited by nitf; 01/15/2009 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Yeah. Too bad it takes a 30% bigger battery to get a 10% increase in talk time.
    Now that is just freaky!
    Quote Originally Posted by nitf View Post
    Now that is just freaky!
    Hey, I beat you by a full 12 minutes.

Seriously though, the battery life on the Touch Pro, Treo Pro, or Treo 800w is not outstanding, especially when compared to something like the Moto Q. Now 7.2 hours of talk time is downright impressive.

Compared to that, 4-5 hours (4 Touch Pro, 4.5 Treo 800w, 5 Treo Pro) is not impressive. Acceptable, but only barely (for any of the three phones).
    I agree that the talk times kinda suck no matter what phone you are dealing with and I haven't figured out why. I know on my old 700p after I turned off the phone because I don't use the battery lasts like a month on standby so it is the radio side that is killing things. I know the newer non-OS CDMA phones do much better in talk and standby time as well, I wonder if there is some weird interaction with the OS and the radio side so that they don't work well together.

I mean the LG Lotus gets 5.5 hours talk time with a QVGA screen and only a 900 maH battery, is there that much overhead in WinMob during a phone call to explain the nearly doubled level of power needed?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast