Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Results 121 to 139 of 139
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    EVERY SINGLE 800w IS DEFECTIVE.
    I made, or received, 31 phone calls today. Every one of them I could hear well and the persons on the other end could hear me just fine.

    I received 87 emails via Exchange and replied to 24 and forwarded another 16, all without a flaw. I viewed 14 attachments using Docs to Go. Still had no problems.

    I looked up movie times to take my wife to the movies tonight. I went out to eat before the movies and entered the debit amount into Pocket Quicken. Still no problem.

    I DON'T THINK MINE IS DEFECTIVE!

    GPS does not make the 800W defective. GPS may not work as advertised, but it certainly does not mean the entire device is defective.

    I know you really hate the 800W, but, stay a little in reality.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  2. #122  
    Sprint doesnt give free upgrades to anyone lol....new prodcuts wll come out faster than ever on every provider from now on...providers are very much aware that most customers will complain and try to get the new phone at nothing or at new customer pricing....more often than not it wont happen but sometimes it does....I however never heard of the BBB thing...should I try that?
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    EVERY SINGLE 800w IS DEFECTIVE. The GPS hardware is broken and will never be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Thats funny. Mine works perfectly.
    I'd like to be "fair and balanced" and say you are both not really correct.

    To say it is working "perfectly" is akin to saying your car works perfectly, despite an advertised but missing spare tire, on the basis of your not having had a flat.

    Yours does not work as advertised. You just are not using the specific feature that was promoted by Palm and does not work on any 800w.

    users who wished to use this function, which we know, and no one disagrees, is defined as total network independent gps and which is something Palm saw fit to highlight, should not have to be hearing siy put downs comments like: "I didn't expect to use it in the amazon." (As if the 95% of the planet that it doesn't work on but is advertised to work on, is "the amazon.") They should also not be hectored on buying a dedicated device when if the Mp3 player weren't working it would be equally unhelpful to say: "go buy an ipod"

    I havent had occasion to use the qam tuner on my TV (like ~80% of americans), I have cable. But I don't know if I participated in forum on the TV, if it turned out 100% of them could not get half the channels, I would be saying "80% of us have perfect function, why are you whining?"

    On the same token, users who don't need to the function, are not part of the niche that bought it with palms hawking of the feature as part of their buying decision, and should not hear that their device is a dog. The 800w is a feature rich device.

    here is what i think:

    1) 100% of us have an interest in accurate advertising. And if a defect is found, that it be fixed, or those affected be redressed, and that the alternative choice of a maker simply redefining a standard definition not be acceptable.

    2) some number of us (5% to 10% of buyers between August and September?) found Palms high level featuring of this network independent GPS part of their purchase decision, and even if not supported by all, should not have had to put up with the garbage strewn on the first thread on what tuned out to be a legitimate issue, which Palm did not address and does not address outside of users having to file with the BBB.

    I am trying to limit my own comments to replying when the issue comes up and people claim it isn't a problem at all, or that anything has been done to fix it (by anyone) or that users in category two have no rights to seek redress.
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I'd like to be "fair and balanced" and say you are both not really correct.

    To say it is working "perfectly" is akin to saying your car works perfectly, despite an advertised but missing spare tire, on the basis of your not having had a flat.

    Yours does not work as advertised. You just are not using the specific feature that was promoted by Palm and does not work on any 800w.

    users who wished to use this function, which we know, and no one disagrees, is defined as total network independent gps and which is something Palm saw fit to highlight, should not have to be hearing siy put downs comments like: "I didn't expect to use it in the amazon." (As if the 95% of the planet that it doesn't work on but is advertised to work on, is "the amazon.") They should also not be hectored on buying a dedicated device when if the Mp3 player weren't working it would be equally unhelpful to say: "go buy an ipod"

    I havent had occasion to use the qam tuner on my TV (like ~80% of americans), I have cable. But I don't know if I participated in forum on the TV, if it turned out 100% of them could not get half the channels, I would be saying "80% of us have perfect function, why are you whining?"

    On the same token, users who don't need to the function, are not part of the niche that bought it with palms hawking of the feature as part of their buying decision, and should not hear that their device is a dog. The 800w is a feature rich device.

    here is what i think:

    1) 100% of us have an interest in accurate advertising. And if a defect is found, that it be fixed, or those affected be redressed, and that the alternative choice of a maker simply redefining a standard definition not be acceptable.

    2) some number of us (5% to 10% of buyers between August and September?) found Palms high level featuring of this network independent GPS part of their purchase decision, and even if not supported by all, should not have had to put up with the garbage strewn on the first thread on what tuned out to be a legitimate issue, which Palm did not address and does not address outside of users having to file with the BBB.

    I am trying to limit my own comments to replying when the issue comes up and people claim it isn't a problem at all, or that anything has been done to fix it (by anyone) or that users in category two have no rights to seek redress.
    I'll admit to having gotten a bit lost in some of the technical details of this gps discussion, but globally speaking you seem to have nailed it. There's a gps problem, it's a big problem for some, but not a problem at all for most. It doesn't make the entire device defective, but it does reflect poorly on Palm that they haven't addressed it with either a fix or by offering redress to those who found that particular issue important and believed the marketing materials.

    Bringing it back on topic: Some have said that Palm is "fixing the 800w" by replacing it with the Treo Pro. This is a bit catty, yes, but there is also perhaps a tiny amount of truth to it?

    I use the Treo Pro on AT&T and although it's lacking many features I'd like (higher res screen), it is the best combination of features on a smartphone available to me today. Seriously -- if I had to buy one smartphone tomorrow and know that I'd not be able to switch away for two years, I would buy the Treo Pro and be happy. So the fact that it's coming to Sprint is a Good. Thing.
  5. bashok's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #125  
    I have a problem explaining to Sprint that the GPS they have advertised does not work like they say it does but they keep saying that it only works for Sprint Navigation and i can never counter their argument because i never used Sprint nav. before.

    Can anyone help me on this issue?
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashok View Post
    I have a problem explaining to Sprint that the GPS they have advertised does not work like they say it does but they keep saying that it only works for Sprint Navigation and i can never counter their argument because i never used Sprint nav. before.

    Can anyone help me on this issue?
    Not in this Thread Please.
    There's a Thread about the gps for this topic.
    Thanks
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I'll admit to having gotten a bit lost in some of the technical details of this gps discussion, but globally speaking you seem to have nailed it. There's a gps problem, it's a big problem for some, but not a problem at all for most. It doesn't make the entire device defective, but it does reflect poorly on Palm that they haven't addressed it with either a fix or by offering redress to those who found that particular issue important and believed the marketing materials.
    < < edit by dieter - off topic > >

    We'll see when the Treo Pro is released if there are different firmware or software versions on the shipping model compared to the units that are already in stores. If there isn't, we know that the reason for the delayed launch is because of the massive inventory of unsold 800w's.
  8.    #128  
    THIS SUCKS! Palm is so late with this device. We would have had more than 500 people viewing and adding thier comments if this would have been released a year or so ago. I hate waiting!

    I'm just bored. Delete this thread if you wish.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by elh1188 View Post
    And your source for this statement is?
    Yo momma told me!

    Let's put a little wager on it! You heard it first......June 09 PRE Release............


    Look for me in June and bow down to the man!
  10. #130  
    < < edited by Dieter - offtopic > >

    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    We'll see when the Treo Pro is released if there are different firmware or software versions on the shipping model compared to the units that are already in stores. If there isn't, we know that the reason for the delayed launch is because of the massive inventory of unsold 800w's.
    That is a huge jump in logic with no evidence whatsoever. I think it's just easier to go with what Sprint is saying: they need to finish testing it/network issue.

    I mean you honestly believe the Treo Pro, the device which you claim Sprint and Palm want really badly to sell on Sprint, is being held up for 2 1/2 weeks so Sprint can "blow out" their 800w stock? Which according to you...has had poor sales since the beginning? What's going to happen in 2 1/2 weeks that hasn't happened in 6 months?

    They send the phones out to Best Buy, Sprint puts it on their site for order and all the stores have a trainer device...but at the last minute, they delay it because of inventory? As opposed to finding a last minute "issue" with the phone and the network, like they told us?

    Hmmm...occam's razor dude, occam's razor.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/25/2009 at 12:38 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    THIS SUCKS! Palm is so late with this device. We would have had more than 500 people viewing and adding thier comments if this would have been released a year or so ago. I hate waiting!

    I'm just bored. Delete this thread if you wish.
    Threads merged. Please refrain from duplicating threads in the future.

    ...I agree, though, the delay does completely stink and I think the Treo Pro is going to be a great device on Sprint (pending some memory questions).
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    < < edited by Dieter - offtopic > >


    That is a huge jump in logic with no evidence whatsoever. I think it's just easier to go with what Sprint is saying: they need to finish testing it/network issue.

    I mean you honestly believe the Treo Pro, the device which you claim Sprint and Palm want really badly to sell on Sprint, is being held up for 2 1/2 weeks so Sprint can "blow out" their 800w stock? Which according to you...has had poor sales since the beginning? What's going to happen in 2 1/2 weeks that hasn't happened in 6 months?

    They send the phones out to Best Buy, Sprint puts it on their site for order and all the stores have a trainer device...but at the last minute, they delay it because of inventory? As opposed to finding a last minute "issue" with the phone and the network, like they told us?

    Hmmm...occam's razor dude, occam's razor.
    Do you realize that Sprint is selling the 800w at the fire-sale price of $99 brand new? Kind of seems like they just want them gone at any price. I don't remember any "flagship" WM phones ever being sold for so little by Sprint.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Do you realize that Sprint is selling the 800w at the fire-sale price of $99 brand new? Kind of seems like they just want them gone at any price. I don't remember any "flagship" WM phones ever being sold for so little by Sprint.
    What is this term "flagship"? I have never seen Sprint designate any of their phones as "flagship" so I can't see how you know the 800w fits this ad-hoc description of yours. Can you provide documentation?

    Either way, the $549 Sprint Touch (ppc-6900) went from $249 with contract to $99 to $49 before it was removed. Also, currently the Sprint Ace, Motorola Q9c and Blackberry Curve are now selling for $99 too. So that counters your claim quite easily.

    But back to your point, which I'm not sure what it is anymore. Oh yes, how does Sprint reducing the price of a phone tie into a last minute pull and hold on the Sprint Treo Pro? And why are we ignoring the actual reason Sprint has told everyone?

    Ah, that's right, there is no connection and no reason.

    Look, when a company gives you an explanation and you ignore it, replacing it instead with your own conspiracy theory, it says more about your motivation than the facts in front of us. You can't just will something to be true because you want it to be.

    All of this has nothing to do with this thread, which is the current low interest in this new Sprint phone. So lets get back on topic, shall we?
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/25/2009 at 03:55 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    All of this has nothing to do with this thread, which is the current low interest in this new Sprint phone. So lets get back on topic, shall we?
    Indeed. For all involved in the 800w pricing stuff, it's only tangentially related to the ostensible topic of this thread and ends up getting everybody side tracked into stuff that's better discussed in other threads.

    One last time before I'm forced to close the thread: Are you interested in the Sprint Treo Pro? Do you find that the current amount of interest at large is proportional to the quality of device we're expecting?

    My answers: yes, yes.
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Are you interested in the Sprint Treo Pro?
    Not for myself no not at all. But I am interested in those who are desiring to stick with the Treo line perhaps finding more peace with the CDMA Treo Pro than we've seen with the 800w. Having an HTC Touch Pro myself now I can't say I desire to go to the Treo Pro. I mean there's a long list of reasons why, but now that I've got the Touch Pro, the only other devices that catch my eye are not even sold in the US.

    Do you find that the current amount of interest at large is proportional to the quality of device we're expecting?
    Yes and that's mainly because Palm has already announced the Palm Pre.

    And I hope I'm not off topic saying this, but has Palm had ANY WM device that they noted to be a very hot seller? I mean, Palm has happily celebrated 2 million Centros being sold. I don't know if Palm has ever celebrated selling a high number of any WM device.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Hmmm...occam's razor dude, occam's razor.
    I think 800w inventory considerations do satisfy Occam's razor especially given the price drop to 755p price today.

    It may not be the case, and you have made a good argument that the Sprint claim is correct and I lean toward your explanation, but I don't see the alternative explanation of 800w inventory as either the only or a contributing reason as being eliminated.

    Sprint has a business. I don't take their memos at blogs at face value when it comes to explanations. the presence of a model perceived to be significantly better at the at a fraction of a price more would kill 800w sales without a few weeks (in this case three) at the reduced price. I think it is rational to see the alternative explanation that they need deal with 800w stock. Returns cost a lot. If I bought an 800w and saw the Pro at a similar price, as would have happned if the Pro wwere released today, I would wait a few weeks and return it for a Pro,

    Are we still viewing 800w as not discontinued given the drop in price to 755 price? To me it says clearance pretty clearly.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Are you interested in the Sprint Treo Pro? Do you find that the current amount of interest at large is proportional to the quality of device we're expecting?

    My answers: yes, yes.
    Yes I am very interested. I think the amount of interest is what would expect for the end generation of front facing qwerty with wm 6.1.

    I think it will serve my needs well until my eyes get bad enough for the 2.5" to be a problem (a year or two)
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I think 800w inventory considerations do satisfy Occam's razor especially given the price drop to 755p price today.

    It may not be the case, and you have made a good argument that the Sprint claim is correct and I lean toward your explanation, but I don't see the alternative explanation of 800w inventory as either the only or a contributing reason as being eliminated.

    Sprint has a business. I don't take their memos at blogs at face value when it comes to explanations. the presence of a model perceived to be significantly better at the at a fraction of a price more would kill 800w sales without a few weeks (in this case three) at the reduced price. I think it is rational to see the alternative explanation that they need deal with 800w stock. Returns cost a lot. If I bought an 800w and saw the Pro at a similar price, as would have happned if the Pro wwere released today, I would wait a few weeks and return it for a Pro,

    Are we still viewing 800w as not discontinued given the drop in price to 755 price? To me it says clearance pretty clearly.
    Well said. I also think it's very interesting that the initial launch date for the Treo Pro was 1/25/09? Anyone know when the deadline was for Sprint and Best Buy's return period for the holidays? 1/24/09.
  19. #139  
    closed.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Posting Permissions