Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Please quote where that was written. Thank you.
    Now that the Treo Pro is confirmed to have Standalone GPS and the 800w is confirmed to have defective hardware, the free upgrade should be easier.
    But for many people, the upgrade is free. Big difference.
    Those are just a few lately. Since you don't provide specifics on this "free upgrade" I have to fill in details by assuming the most basic premise: you can walk into a Sprint store, hand them your 800w and get a free Treo Pro. Are you saying you cannot do that now?

So let me be very, very clear on this since you are obviously not understanding what I am asking:
    • What free upgrade are you talking about?
    • How do people get this free upgrade?
    • Who are these "many people" who have successfully upgraded for free to a Treo Pro?
    • Is Sprint giving free upgrades to any and all 800w users?

Can you actually answer those 4 questions? You keep bringing up this "free upgrade"--so actually defend and explain what you mean, otherwise, please refrain from misleading TC members.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I asked for my free upgrade and they asked for $549.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    lol. too funny.

i've been gone from tc for a year while exploring other devices. i am excited to come back with my purchase of the treo pro. it does seem like a lot of flaming going around since the release of the 800w. what happen to my happy TC family?
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    "The 4 horsemen of the 800w Apocalypse" is what happened, lol. All in good jest and yes, this place has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what happen to my happy TC family?
    What did you expect to happen when you left?

The children are constantly squabbling. Momatesta is overworked and doesn't have time to take care of the little ones while trying to keep this family together and bring in new info.

Now you come waltzing back, like nothing every happened, and want us to just accept you bacK?

lol, "momatesta"....that took me a second

<ot>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/22/2009 at 01:17 PM.
    Short term memory loss?

(Emphasis mine)

x3

Please provide actual factual proof of this statement.
    "Any and all" does not equal "lots". Proof can be found at www.websters.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Those are just a few lately. Since you don't provide specifics on this "free upgrade" I have to fill in details by assuming the most basic premise: you can walk into a Sprint store, hand them your 800w and get a free Treo Pro. Are you saying you cannot do that now?

So let me be very, very clear on this since you are obviously not understanding what I am asking:
    • Who are these "many people" who have successfully upgraded for free to a Treo Pro?

Can you actually answer those 4 questions? You keep bringing up this "free upgrade"--so actually defend and explain what you mean, otherwise, please refrain from misleading TC members.
    You'll find your answers with the search button.
    You'll find your answers with the search button.
    FAIL

nsxprime, it was a simple request for you to answer those questions. You are, after all, going through this forum, day after day, misleading people here by saying "many people" are getting a "free upgrade" from their 800w to a Treo Pro--yet we have not found a single person who (a) who has had this happened (b) shared with anyone how they did it

Now that you are being called out on it for more specifics, you retreat to "use the search button"? Way to give back.

I'll ask again:

You can be helpful to members of this forum or you can be perceived as misleading them--your choice.

FAIL

nsxprime, it was a simple request for you to answer those questions. You are, after all, going through this forum, day after day, misleading people here by saying "many people" are getting a "free upgrade" from their 800w to a Treo Pro--yet we have not found a single person who (a) who has had this happened (b) shared with anyone how they did it

Now that you are being called out on it for more specifics, you retreat to "use the search button"? Way to give back.

I'll ask again:

You can be helpful to members of this forum or you can be perceived as misleading them--your choice.
    lol i had to chime in on this one... this basically sounds like the whole HTC Mogul to HTC Touch email complaint all over again.. basically telling sprint you've had it with all the shortcomings of the 800 and you believe the pro will solve all the problems you are having so they should do an even swap..

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270459
    lol, i forgot all about that...yes, millions of Moguls were upgraded for free!

don't get me wrong, I know if you bug and harass Sprint long enough, you can get a lot, but that's different from what is essentially a product recall ;-)

Palm will give you $350 for your 800w no questioned asked due to the false advertising. No one has been offered any less than invoiced 800w from palm
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Palm will give you $350 for your 800w no questioned asked due to the false advertising. No one has been offered any less than invoiced 800w from palm
    I purchased my 800w from Palm and would like to pursue this...what number do I call? Is there something specific I need to ask for, lke a claims dept? Thanks.
  15.    #115  
    The memory situation is certainly disappointing. Wish it was 256+ RAM. I'm guessing the lack of RAM may keep it from ever getting a WM 6.5 or 7.0 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I purchased my 800w from Palm and would like to pursue this...what number do I call? Is there something specific I need to ask for, lke a claims dept? Thanks.
    Go to bbb.org, file a complaint to palm via the bbb site stating that standalone was advertised. you will get a call within 10 days. they will read out a sheet to you stating standalone does not mean standalone. you say, "I think it does" an all the literature on standalone says no requirement of towers. you will be offered buyback at invoice price. what does your sprint invoice from your purchase say? It will likly say between $600 to $350. They email you a prepaid ups. You fax invoice and send unit. If the price was $350 they will send you a check for $350 plus state tax.

No one who has done this has had the least problem.

For most people who bought this under new customer pricing you keep your rebate but lose your instant credit netting $350 plus tax for your 800w.

No one has to sell their 800w on ebay for less than $350 since you can get that from Palm via a BBB complaint, unless your invoice price was very strangely recorded by Sprint as less than $350
    FAIL

I'll ask again:

I already posted the answers multiple times. Since the search button doesn't seem to be working, I'll answer it AGAIN.

I get a free upgrade because every single 800w (obviously including mine) is defective. EVERY SINGLE 800w IS DEFECTIVE. The GPS hardware is broken and will never be fixed. If Palm had admitted to their massive blunder within my 30-day trial period, I would have returned the dud in a heartbeat.

Since my local store was taking back lots of 800w's for various bugs and failures, they offered me a free upgrade to the vastly superior Touch Pro. I said that I already have a Mogul and was wanting to return to the candybar form factor and would prefer a Treo Pro. I can now upgrade to the Treo Pro for free. The only caveat was that I would pay any difference in price between the Treo Pro (pricing was unnanounced at that time) and the Touch Pro.
    I get a free upgrade because every single 800w (obviously including mine) is defective. EVERY SINGLE 800w IS DEFECTIVE. The GPS hardware is broken and will never be fixed.

Thats funny. Mine works perfectly.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I already posted the answers multiple times. Since the search button doesn't seem to be working, I'll answer it AGAIN.

I get a free upgrade because every single 800w (obviously including mine) is defective. EVERY SINGLE 800w IS DEFECTIVE. The GPS hardware is broken and will never be fixed. If Palm had admitted to their massive blunder within my 30-day trial period, I would have returned the dud in a heartbeat.

Since my local store was taking back lots of 800w's for various bugs and failures, they offered me a free upgrade to the vastly superior Touch Pro. I said that I already have a Mogul and was wanting to return to the candybar form factor and would prefer a Treo Pro. I can now upgrade to the Treo Pro for free. The only caveat was that I would pay any difference in price between the Treo Pro (pricing was unnanounced at that time) and the Touch Pro.
    Thank you. Now was that so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I may be able to offer you some more information that you might want to review, which you might find helpful if you desire a full refund. PM me or e-mail me at darnell2009 [put an at symbol right here] hushmail.com. Anyone in a similar situation as Fgkay feel free to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    lol. too funny.

i've been gone from tc for a year while exploring other devices. i am excited to come back with my purchase of the treo pro. it does seem like a lot of flaming going around since the release of the 800w. what happen to my happy TC family?
    Well Codyppc, you'll notice we who are discussing things here have been around for years. So the people have not changed, same folks as years before, but the devices and how they are represented by those making them certainly has changed. The heat has been since the release of the 800w as you mentioned and you'll notice the heat remains in discussion about the Palm Treo 800w. Sprint is wisely moving on to the Treo Pro and so in time things may cool .
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast