1.    #1  
    Loyal 755p user. Saw the Pre announcement and realized Palm is leaving business users to WM. Tried the BB for a few days and here are my impressions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f49/new...stacle-137011/

That leaves me with three options:

1) Stay with POS for as long as possible.
    2) Wait until WebOS has similar handhelds to 755p/800w and geared more to business.
    3) Switch to WM.

For #3, on sprint my choices are the old and large Q9c or the (possible battery deprived) 800w. I had tried an 800w before but went back to POS. This was before the pre announcement when we still didn't know what was going on. Now, I am seriously looking at it again (especially since I have Exhange 2007).

One problem (for now): When I view and then move items on the 800w out of the inbox and into a folder, if I go back to Outlook, they are marked bold as unread in that subfolder.

Anyone know if that behavior can be corrected? Thanks. -Evan.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    You may want to wait till 1/25/2009 and see if the Treo Pro is released with Sprint. Just 10 days away.
  3.    #3  
    I just played with it in Best Buy. Keyboard too small for me. Can anyone help me out with my issue?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    My 800W died a bit over a week ago and unwilling to suffer with another one, I went with a Touch Pro. If the Treo Pro were available I would have looked at it, mainly cause it is manufactured by HTC and I loved the Centro key board. However, other than the key board, the Touch Pro has been a great device as far as stability and speed. It is definitely not a 1-handed device. Oh, I really miss the extra keys on the 800W.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It is definitely not a 1-handed device.
    Speak for yourself .

I'm cruising with one hand on the Touch Pro's full soft qwerty. But I can't get word suggestions without it auto substituting words, so I turned the word suggestion feature off. Been doing pretty well like that. I'm going to try TouchPal though (maybe today or tomorrow), because I noticed it allows you to resize the soft qwerty and has better word suggestion features. I do feel the 800w had good word suggestion. So far, I'm not missing the 800w keyboard though and I'm shocked because I thought I'd have more withdrawal .
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    One problem (for now): When I view and then move items on the 800w out of the inbox and into a folder, if I go back to Outlook, they are marked bold as unread in that subfolder.

That does not happen on my 800w.
    I select an unread message in inbox, open, select move to another folder.
    the message that was moved is now marked unread, not bold, in the new folder, same for outlook on the PC. I am using exchange if that makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    That does not happen on my 800w.
    I select an unread message in inbox, open, select move to another folder.
    the message that was moved is now marked unread, not bold, in the new folder, same for outlook on the PC. I am using exchange if that makes a difference.
    x2

Doesn't happen with Exchange or IMAP.

Have you tried the troubleshooting guide that's linked in the FAQ?
    Touch Pro or Treo Pro until the Pre comes out. It remains to be seen how much WebOS software there will be at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    x2

Doesn't happen with Exchange or IMAP.

Have you tried the troubleshooting guide that's linked in the FAQ?
    Does not happen to me either (using IMAP).

The same does happen to me as well. On my phone I move a read email to a subfolder after I am finished reading it. Then when I go into outlook on my computer the email is marked as unread in the subfolder I moved it into. It has not bothered me enough to make me want to figure it out but I have always been curious. Due to the fact that battery life is a huge issue and the amount of emails I receive in a day, my sync schedule is set to 15 minutes. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. I might test it out with "as items arrive" selected and see if the result changes. Thus far my fix has been to go to the unread quick link folder in outlook and highlight them all and mark them as read.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Maybe it's a setting on your Exchange server because this does not happen to me with my corporate Exchange server.
  12.    #12  
    I am using Exchange 2007 set to deliver as items arrive so I don't know why most of you don't see this problem. But thanks for the insight.

I am using Exchange 2007 set to deliver as items arrive so I don't know why most of you don't see this problem. But thanks for the insight.
    I actually got some decently solid confirmation that it is not a setting on the exchange server. I don't know why but my phone performed a hard reset on itself. I could have accidentally done the right key combination to hard reset but I doubt it. I think it had something to do that my memory was critically low (could be a problem with the java environment I have but am unsure what the cause is yet). Anyway, after the hard reset I restored a backup that I had saved. Two things happened after this. One, I no longer had a storage memory issue and two, my emails no longer were marked as unread when I file them away from my phone.

Ultimately, I don't know the cause of the glitch but a hard reset and restore fixed the problem for me. It would have to be an extreme coincidence for our IT guys to make the exact setting modification to fix the problem the exact time when my phone hard reset. That is why I am saying I think it might not be an exchange server setting.
    Your IT guy might have hard reset your phone for you.

We sometimes do that for people who hare having problems that soft resetting or pulling the SIM (for AT&T phones) won't fix. Since they are business phones, it's not a big deal as very few of the users user them for anything other than e-mail.

Anyway, a phone doesn't just hard reset on i's own. You pretty much have to tell it to do so, and confirm it.
    Your IT guy might have hard reset your phone for you.

We sometimes do that for people who hare having problems that soft resetting or pulling the SIM (for AT&T phones) won't fix. Since they are business phones, it's not a big deal as very few of the users user them for anything other than e-mail.

Anyway, a phone doesn't just hard reset on i's own. You pretty much have to tell it to do so, and confirm it.
    Can my IT guy hard reset my phone remotely? If the answer is no then there is absolutely no way he could have hard reset my phone. I know it is not the same as the situation you were describing but my phone is a personal phone that the only thing I use the IT department for is their exchange server. My IT guys have never handled my phone.

It happened when I was trying to soft reset my phone. I took out the battery and put it back in and it asked me to align my screen just like when I first started up the phone. It might have not been a true hard reset but all I know so far is that my programs were all removed and everything appeared to be back at the factory settings. My memory was full of free space as well. I still haven't figured out exactly what happened but I think it could have something to do with all of my storage memory being full. I have not narrowed down the cause to this yet. I searched for large files and it returned nothing. After the mysterious "hard reset" and restoring my phone I had about 50 more mb of memory free. Then again, it might have nothing to do with the memory issue. All I know is that it definitely appeared like a hard reset and I was forced to restore my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Can my IT guy hard reset my phone remotely?
    Yup.
    Yup.
    Does he need any kind of password for my phone? Or can they do it any time they feel like it just because I am using the exchange server?
    Only the same password they use to log into the admin account.

If you're using the exchange server, they can wipe your phone at any point. Not sure if they can wipe the SD card. I know in 2003 you can't, but I had heard that was a feature of 2007....