1. WDW
    So I used Voice Command for a few months about a year ago, before I got my Treo 750. And I admit I was impressed. It fairly accurately picked up my commands right from the word go. Just map it to a button and use it as needed. But I soon found out that it also caused some conflicts with my device that were deal breakers for me. So I disabled Voice Command and never looked back.

I did a hard reset on my 750 the other day and was cleaning off the junk when I ran across Voice Command again. I decided to enable it and give it a try since I never used it with the 750. After a few days of use it seems to be doing well without any issues.

So who out there has logged some time with VC and what is your verdict? Do you love it? Hate it? And are there any conflicts/incompatibilities that you are aware of? Or have you found a better voice command product out there?
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    But I soon found out that it also caused some conflicts with my device that were deal breakers for me. So I disabled Voice Command and never looked back.

So what were some of the dealbreakers? I'm just curious as I have used VC just a bit on my 750, but its usually just to "Call xxxxx". I never reallly used it outside of that, but I would be curious as to what conflicts it can cause. Also what else can VC do, what other commands does it know?
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckyD View Post
    So what were some of the dealbreakers? I'm just curious as I have used VC just a bit on my 750, but its usually just to "Call xxxxx". I never reallly used it outside of that, but I would be curious as to what conflicts it can cause. Also what else can VC do, what other commands does it know?
    "what is the time?"

"what is my next appointment?"

"what is the signal strength?"

"what is my battery level?"

"can I get that chick to go on a date with me?"
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    lmao
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!