1.    #1  
    few questions:
    1. can it be on the today screen pernamntly?
    2. if it is on the today screen, do we loose the ability for using the keyboard to search for contacts?
    3. any downsides of havine mobile shell as the today screen"?
    4. how is this program on the 800?
    thank you
    you can set it to either start on the today screen or the spb now screen. I much prefer the now screen because the bigger text, more animated look and better touch capabilities.

if you use the contacts from spb you can still search by using the kryboaed.

I have not found any downsides of using the spb now screen vs. the today screen and wouldn't swittch back. I love using my phone as a touch phone instead of usong hard keys.

I've been running it on my 800 for about a month and haven't had any issues. Just wish there was a good LED alert program built in because treo alert seemed to mess up with spb.
    If you mean Dial Lookup, then yes, when it's on the Now screen in SPB then you lose that capability. You have to hit the OK button to get back to the Today screen. If you mean simply looking for a contact, then yes you can scroll over to the Contacts and look for a contact that way. I don't really care for the Now screen so I have the SPB tabs on my Today screen and that works nicely. Plus I have had no problems running TreoAlerts along with SPB MS.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    If you mean Dial Lookup, then yes, when it's on the Now screen in SPB then you lose that capability. You have to hit the OK button to get back to the Today screen. If you mean simply looking for a contact, then yes you can scroll over to the Contacts and look for a contact that way. I don't really care for the Now screen so I have the SPB tabs on my Today screen and that works nicely. Plus I have had no problems running TreoAlerts along with SPB MS.
    what in meen is, if i have the now screen on the today screen, will then i will be loosing the dial look up?thnx
    You can't have the Now screen on the Today screen. You can have either the Now screen showing or the Today screen showing. With the Now screen showing, there is no Dial Lookup.