1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I would like to know what program I should use (and directions to use it) to convert/play DVD movies on my 800w. Thanks!
    I personally prefer Nero for converting videos to a size a hand held device with a smaller screen like the 800w can use. Here are detailed instructions. Of course given who made the instructions, you'd need Nero for the conversion and Kinoma to view the video. I'm not sure if Pocket Media player reads that output format.
    Nero is the best. You can use the AVC/H.264 codec for great video quality and small filesize. You can also trim the movie to cut out the extra audio tracks, subtitles, ending credits, beginning credits, etc. to keep the size small while being able to up the video bitrate.

I'd recommend TCPMP or CorePlayer for playback.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    nsxprime,
    Any comment on Nero vrs Pocket DVD Wizard? $80 vrs $19 is a pretty big difference. I plan on using coreplayer for playback.
  5.    #5  
    I would like to use my windows media player if at all possible for playback of the DVD movies on my Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlion View Post
    nsxprime,
    Any comment on Nero vrs Pocket DVD Wizard? $80 vrs $19 is a pretty big difference. I plan on using coreplayer for playback.
    Nero is much better. You can chose codecs, audio tracks, audio bitrate, video bitrate, infinite start and end points, etc.
    Greenlion, I prefer Nero because I use Nero for far more than video conversion. Given the Nero suite offers way more than video conversion tools. If all you want is to convert videos for a low price, I guess there are other options, but I can't say much about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I personally prefer Nero for converting videos to a size a hand held device with a smaller screen like the 800w can use. Here are detailed instructions. Of course given who made the instructions, you'd need Nero for the conversion and Kinoma to view the video. I'm not sure if Pocket Media player reads that output format.

Which version of NERO are you using? 7, 8, or 9?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Which version of NERO are you using? 7, 8, or 9?

I just upgraded from 7 to 9. Overall I like 9 better, but 9 does not include Nero Image Drive. And I'm rather ticked Nero no longer offers Nero Image Drive, but I hear they removed it because of Vista issues. I've had to start using Virtual CloneDrive for disk image drive mapping.

But Nero 9 has things like Nero Live, that can play Cable TV from my PC TV tuner card. Before I only had one application that would work with the TV Tuner card and never could find another that worked well with it, but Nero Live does work OK with it. Catalyst Media Center with is the native software for ATI tuner cards works, it a bit better, better clarity, but Nero Live does work too. Which means I'm not totally tied to Catalyst Media Center as my only means of using the TV tuner card. Also Nero 9 has an improved version of Nero ShowTime. I don't use Windows Media player for many videos any longer, I'm finding I prefer Nero Showtime for many video formats. And even in Nero 7 I found Nero ShowTime to be more stable than Windows Media Player. And there's more other good things about Nero 9, but I'll stop there .
    I use Nero 8. Didn't have any reason to upgrade to 9.