1.    #1  
    All-

I have had my treo800w for about two months now and just the other day my battery began having serious problems. Im getting less than four hours without even doing anything on it... the battery just constantly drains!

Ive used the Task Manager to shut down any programs I might have been using, and it still doesnt help. I do use Today Agenda and ActiveGcSync and they are downloaded on my phone, but even when they're not running- my battery is still absolutely awful.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me before I lose it and head back to sprint?

Thanks
    The battery is one of the negatives on the 800w, but it's not that bad. Is the battery charging completely? Did you install the USB patch from Palm? I have several stock batteries that the Sprint store gave me and haven't found a bad one yet. If I couldn't find the problem I would exchange it for a new 800w.
  3.    #3  
    I dont know anything about the USB Patch- what does it do and where can i get it?

THanks
    Go to Palm's website, support for 800w. Your 800w may already have it as it is new but there are instructions to see if you do and how to install.
    You can get all the updates for the Treo 800w that Palm has made here. (Shame Palm changed their URLs around when redesigning their site, because anyone looking at any older posts with links to their site won't be sent to the right pages anymore.)

And Jvanryn if you go back to Sprint and nicely complain about your battery issues, they'll probably spot you a new battery for free. You probably could do this over the phone by calling Sprint and they might mark your account for a free battery. And if they do, you can just go to the Sprint store and pick it up without having to haggle in person.
    4 hours is not typical.

You can follow the steps in this troubleshooting thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174260

You can also find many fixes/patches/improvements in the FAQ:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174204
    Hi Jvanryn, Iím Erin, a Sprint-Nextel techsupport rep. The 1150mAhr battery which comes with the Treo 800w is supposed to have a talk time of up to 4 hours and a standby time of up to 200 hours. If the above fixes donít resolve this issue, and you donít have a spare battery to try in it, there are a few more things you can do to optimize battery life. Check your automated sync settings for ActiveSync by going to start /programs / activesync/ menu / right action key / schedule. If it is set to sync more than once every 30 minutes, set it down to 30 minute intervals. You can also set the sync to different intervals for peak times (when you expect to receive a lot of email) and off peak times. You can also turn the screen brightness down, and turn off connection types youíre not using right then, including Bluetooth, wifi data, infrared beaming, and gps navigation. If your battery still wonít stay charged even when youíre not using your phone, then bring it to an authorized repair center, which you can locate at storelocatordotsprintdotcom/SL2/Default.aspx
    Is "ErinatSprint" like "BJ_Sprint" in this other thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by jvanryn View Post
    I have had my treo800w for about two months now and just the other day my battery began having serious problems. Im getting less than four hours without even doing anything on it... the battery just constantly drains!
    What was pointed out several times is that a battery with 40% less capacity to start will have 60% less capacity after a certain point. these batteries lose maximum capacity for each amount of drain accumulated.

If you start with a 1500 battery one one device and start at the same time with an 1150 on an equal device and use them equally, at the point the 1150 has gone done 200 and will only max charge to 950; the 1500 can very well be at 1400 max So with bigger batteries you start higher, and end a period by even greater difference in total charge capacity
    THIS IS not scientific and I have no reason why it worked for me. my battery life was great I have the sleep mode on. well on day I I turned the back light setting on to where it goes dim. and my battery life became super short.
    after some thing I iput the setting back and soft reset no problems since. as a tech it does not make any since to me. but I just did what I tell end users when I help them with pcs and such reverse the last step done lol.
    note I have not run the firmware update on my 800w that is suppose to help with the battery since my battery life is back to normal fro my phone.