Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    I learned a long time ago that Chrome don't get you home, but my 800 does.
    Glad yours does the job for you. My 800ws could not even get calls from home some days when dead on the job .
    So because the 800W has a 333mhz processor and the Treo Pro has 400mhz processor that the Treo Pro can be upgraded to WM 6.5 and the 800W cannot? WindowsMarketplace -- Engadget Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by iwalkthrowwalls View Post
    So because the 800W has a 333mhz processor and the Treo Pro has 400mhz processor that the Treo Pro can be upgraded to WM 6.5 and the 800W cannot? WindowsMarketplace -- Engadget Mobile
    Well, it seems to indicate that Palm must decide. But it seems MS is discouraging it for the 800w. The 800w was not even originally supposed to have WM 6.1, at first it was a WM 6.0 device and was upgraded to WM 6.1 before release. So trying to take the 800w to WM 6.5 would be an even bigger stretch.

...it's all up to licensees to decide whether they want to go to the trouble of offering the upgrades to their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Harsh but true.

There is no comparison between the Treo Pro and the 800w. The Treo Pro is just plain better. Whether or not someone wants to pay to upgrade is another story. Given the choice of either one for free, the Treo Pro is the clear winner.

I get a Treo Pro for free and will probably get the Pre when it comes out. Still waiting for a good CDMA/GSM phone from Sprint but that's another story.
    I finally got tired of my 800W locking up when receiving incoming calls and took it to my Sprint store. They agreed to replace it without any hassle, they don't carry the 800w anymore so they will be giving me a Treo Pro.

I'm a little apprehensive of the smaller keyboard and still don't like WM, but am looking forward to the Treo Pro with an open mind. I guess it will be a while befor I can justify paying full price for a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    I finally got tired of my 800W locking up when receiving incoming calls and took it to my Sprint store. They agreed to replace it without any hassle, they don't carry the 800w anymore so they will be giving me a Treo Pro.

I'm a little apprehensive of the smaller keyboard and still don't like WM, but am looking forward to the Treo Pro with an open mind. I guess it will be a while befor I can justify paying full price for a Pre.
    Don't worry about the keyboard you will adapt. Windows Mobile on the Treo Pro is much more stable than the 800. Its a huge upgrade. I have both devices but I doubt I will ever reactivate the 800 again. I'm digging the Treo Pro.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I just moved to the Pro. IMO, it is better overall, but not in every category. The keyboard is not as nice, but it is not a big deal after a day or two. I really don't miss the hard buttons at the bottom of the screen. I love the form factor. It just feels so much better. Flush screen is a huge improvement. It seems more responsive to the touch than the 800w. My unscientific tests reveal that the 800w is much faster with internet. Using Opera Mobile and wifi on both devices it is no contest. Pro takes easily twice as long to load a page. I haven't used it enough to comment on stability. Call volume and clarity is better on the Pro too. I had a good 800w, but I am happier so far with the Pro.
    The two items are: the B button, when I tap on the B, I also get an unwanted space between the word, the second is the sensitivity of the screen when it's in its case, turns the screen on & off since I use the alert feature. With that thought out of the way, I think the Treo Pro is very fast & stable & comfortable after I put a boot around it , now barely a fingerprint. This is the best cell I've had yet.
    Just posting this here since I know some Touch Pro owners keep up with this thread.

If you have a Touch Pro, you should check out this application: [APP]Touch InCall Screen Tweak - v1.1.2 with AppToDate Support - Updated 31 May 09

I found out about it because it's baked into Energy ROM 3 and I have to say its an impressive app!

For today and the past few days I've found Energy ROM 3 to be the best custom ROM at the moment. (The way the ROM chefs cook, you never know what might be your favorite tomorrow .) Only thing to keep an eye on with Energy ROM is that it does not close the data connection once you've used it and so the battery drain could go faster if you're not keeping an eye on that.

All the People Tab bugs in the Rhodium Manila port have been fixed, at least in Energy ROM 3 they are fixed and I think they're fixed in StarROM 2.0 also. Anybody who has been holding off on Rhodium Manila probably should give it a try now with a ROM like those I've mentioned. (And be sure to read the ROM chef's instructions before flashing .)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345