1.    #1  
    I previously thought that the lack of HSDPA could be due to my provider. I have been only getting 3G signal detection with my TP, and no H
    Just today I tried out a Nokia 5880 and it got a 3.5 G signal at the very same spot, using the same SIM card.
    A mobilespeedtest.com result showed 800kbps with the Nokia browser whereas I got on the TP a 300+ speedtest result - after a hard reset just to be sure
    Is the TP somehow less sensitive in terms of data reception (if there is such a thing)?
    I am not the only one who notices this going by feedback from another forum.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I previously thought that the lack of HSDPA could be due to my provider. I have been only getting 3G signal detection with my TP, and no H
    Just today I tried out a Nokia 5880 and it got a 3.5 G signal at the very same spot, using the same SIM card.
    A mobilespeedtest.com result showed 800kbps with the Nokia browser whereas I got on the TP a 300+ speedtest result - after a hard reset just to be sure
    Is the TP somehow less sensitive in terms of data reception (if there is such a thing)?
    I am not the only one who notices this going by feedback from another forum.
    DSLReports' mobile testing site gives my TP 858k on a 1gig file. This is at my home, where signal fluctuates between edge & HSDPA.
    I'm always on HSDPA I live in Miami.
    No problem with HSDPA here in Portland OR.
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    OK is it possible there's a problem with my carrier's compatibility with the Treo Pro? They do have an HSDPA signal since it shows on the Nokia 5880
    Do a Sprite Backup, then Hard Reset, and see if you get an 'H' then.
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #7  
    I did - hard reset, factory default. Still only 3G no H
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I did - hard reset, factory default. Still only 3G no H

Especially because you get the 'H' with your Nokia.

That's weird.

Have you called Palm?
    Just call me Berd.
  9.    #9  
    No not yet