Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    My Treo Pro has been working fine with MS Exchange server for my work stuff. So I've never needed to connect to my PC by wire. Now I have a need to connect to PC by wire (install applications, use Sprite BU (already BU'd to SD card)). Here are my questions.

    1. Can the active sync be installed and setup so it won't interfere with MS Exchange server? If so, any tips?

    2. The first time I connected to my PC the setup screen appeared but I exited because I wasn't sure if I wanted to install. Now this setup screen doesn't appear. How do I force the active sync setup screen to appear (I do not see it under My Computer either)?

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoroy View Post
    1. Can the active sync be installed and setup so it won't interfere with MS Exchange server? If so, any tips?
    .
    It won't interfere.


    Quote Originally Posted by treoroy View Post
    2. The first time I connected to my PC the setup screen appeared but I exited because I wasn't sure if I wanted to install. Now this setup screen doesn't appear. How do I force the active sync setup screen to appear (I do not see it under My Computer either)?

    Thanks.
    Have you looked to see if your PC is listed in ActiveSync on your Pro?
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    When I looked at the Activesync icon in programs on my Treo Pro just MS Exchange is listed, I guess not.

    Any ideas on how to force the install?

    Also, any settings I should be aware so that it doesn't interfere with MS Exchange?

    Thanks.
  4. #4  
    And you say the device isn't listed in ActiveSync on your PC either?

    Quote Originally Posted by treoroy View Post
    When I looked at the Activesync icon in programs on my Treo Pro just MS Exchange is listed, I guess not.

    Any ideas on how to force the install?
    You might try here:



    If setting it to sync doesn't work, try choosing 'Set up my PC'

    Quote Originally Posted by treoroy View Post
    Also, any settings I should be aware so that it doesn't interfere with MS Exchange?
    It shouldn't interfere at all
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, that worked! BTW, how do you take the screen shot you showed on your post?

    Totally off-topic, but what do you think of spb shell?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoroy View Post
    Thanks, that worked! BTW, how do you take the screen shot you showed on your post?
    http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...v1-0-0007.html

    Quote Originally Posted by treoroy View Post
    Totally off-topic, but what do you think of spb shell?
    I Don't use it.
    Just call me Berd.

Posting Permissions