1.    #1  
    I've been a lurker on here for a while, but now need to make a new phone decision. I have the 680 (using with Gmail Imap, which works great). I now blutooth sync wth outlook. I've never used the win mobile os, or exchange on a phone. For those who use the pro with an MS Exhange Server I have a few specific questions:
    -Is the email synchronization set on an interval basis like when using ms outlook (1 min, 5 mins, etc.) and does this cause a (significant) battery drain compared to imap?
    -Do all tasks and notes also wirelessly sync with the server?
    -Do calendar reminders (and the clearing of them) sync wirelessly?

I'm assuming for docs and other information i will still have to manually sync with desktop. This is not an issue I just want all outlook items to wirelessly sync, and am hoping the use of an exchange server will allow that.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxxx View Post
    I've been a lurker on here for a while, but now need to make a new phone decision. I have the 680 (using with Gmail Imap, which works great). I now blutooth sync wth outlook. I've never used the win mobile os, or exchange on a phone. For those who use the pro with an MS Exhange Server I have a few specific questions:
    -Is the email synchronization set on an interval basis like when using ms outlook (1 min, 5 mins, etc.) and does this cause a (significant) battery drain compared to imap?
    -Do all tasks and notes also wirelessly sync with the server?
    -Do calendar reminders (and the clearing of them) sync wirelessly?

I'm assuming for docs and other information i will still have to manually sync with desktop. This is not an issue I just want all outlook items to wirelessly sync, and am hoping the use of an exchange server will allow that.

Thanks in advance.
    You can either have it 'Pull' every so many mins.
    Or, you can have it 'Push' - which is what I do.

Battery life on the Pro is Fantastic.

Syncs - Email, Tasks, Cal, Contacts, and any attached notes.

Docs, Xls and other files you sync with your DeskTop with ActiveSync.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    Great, thanks so much for the response.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Styxxx,

Using MS Exhange Server is great, emails arrive at my phone before my outlook. Some of the great features are being able to keep sent items in sync, and knowing that you will never loose a newly added contact or other piece of information. I also really like that I can delete emails on my phone, and they will also delete on my laptop and desktop.

Be warned thought that currently Notes do not sync and calendar dismissals do not sync. I believe we are waiting on Microsoft to release a new version of active sync.. which I think it has been 2 years since they have done this.
    Last edited by greenlion; 01/13/2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlion View Post
    Styxxx,

Using MS Exhange Server is great, ...clip..
    and knowing that you will never loose a newly added contact or other piece of information...clip.. .
    That's my Favorite part.

No more; 'Oh No! - I forgot to Sync!
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #6  
    If I set the pro up to work on an exchange server, can I still have additional imap email accounts set up on the pro?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxxx View Post
    If I set the pro up to work on an exchange server, can I still have additional imap email accounts set up on the pro?
    You bet!