View Poll Results: What do you currently use?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm Update: Treo 800w Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth patch

    34 80.95%
  • Palm Update: Treo 800w USB and Battery Charging Update

    38 90.48%
  • Microsoft Update: Windows Mobile 6.1 POP and IMAP Send Mail Patch

    21 50.00%
  • Mal's Update: Improve "Slow" Ringer: Change SCI

    14 33.33%
  • Update: Enable Rev. A

    17 40.48%
  • Update: Speed up GPS Satellite Acquisition Time and enable GPS on roaming networks.

    15 35.71%
  • Update: WM Alarm Bug - Notification/Alarm issues hotfix (Note, some other programs do this as well)

    7 16.67%
  • Update: Increase Volume Level

    16 38.10%
  • Update: Update PRL (Preferred Roaming List) Manually

    11 26.19%
  • RealVGA

    10 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Just to satisfy my curiosity.


    And I added the last option there 'cause there isn't a 10th update (yet), so I had an open slot.


    If you are looking for any of these updates, you can find them in the FAQ:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174204
    Last edited by Ebag333; 01/11/2009 at 11:24 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Bumpity bump.

    84 views and only 16 votes? Come on, that's sad.
  3. #3  
    Wow, I dunno how I missed this thread...voted!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  4. #4  
    I have zero speed increase in GPS aqustion and zero difference on using GPS on roaming networks with the "fix" in fact it caused some problems and long delays in some situations -- so I didn't vote on "getting roaming Speed up GPS Satellite Acquisition Time and enable GPS on roaming networks."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I have zero speed increase in GPS aqustion and zero difference on using GPS on roaming networks with the "fix" in fact it caused some problems and long delays in some situations -- so I didn't vote on "getting roaming Speed up GPS Satellite Acquisition Time and enable GPS on roaming networks."
    This thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether the fix worked for you or not, and everything to do with if you used it or not.

    Please do not derail this thread.
  6. #6  
    Any reason why some things made by folks like Zbop and Hannip are not listed?
  7. #7  
    Hmm... I've not seen the "WM Alarm Bug" hotfix...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  8.    #8  
    Linkey in the FAQ....
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Linkey in the FAQ....
    Yep... Found it through the power of 'the search'... thanks!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Any reason why some things made by folks like Zbop and Hannip are not listed?
    because we have one person dictating what is a good fix or not and one person trying to define bugs and problems.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I have zero speed increase in GPS aqustion and zero difference on using GPS on roaming networks with the "fix" in fact it caused some problems and long delays in some situations -- so I didn't vote on "getting roaming Speed up GPS Satellite Acquisition Time and enable GPS on roaming networks."
    I don't mean to further derail the thread but I had to respond. I had the exact opposite effect. My acquisition time is almost instant and my phone now shows double the satellites acquired (i.e. I went from 3 -4 satellites to 8 - 9).

    Thanks for everyones hard work on putting together these significant phone enhancements. I look forward to the next major breakthrough.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Any reason why some things made by folks like Zbop and Hannip are not listed?
    Would have loved to include them.

    Unfortunately polls are limited to 10 options, and there are 9 fixes/updates/improvements out there. I considered leaving the 10th empty, or putting one of Hannip's or Zbop's item in there, but... *shrug*


    Quote Originally Posted by d23perry View Post
    I don't mean to further derail the thread but I had to respond. I had the exact opposite effect. My acquisition time is almost instant and my phone now shows double the satellites acquired (i.e. I went from 3 -4 satellites to 8 - 9).
    Anyone is welcome to look at the responses in the GPS thread and see the responses for themselves.

    The responses are overwhelmingly favorable, even if only by a small amount. But let's keep those responses in that thread.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 01/12/2009 at 09:29 PM.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by d23perry View Post
    I don't mean to further derail the thread but I had to respond. I had the exact opposite effect. My acquisition time is almost instant and my phone now shows double the satellites acquired (i.e. I went from 3 -4 satellites to 8 - 9). .
    If you were getting just 3 to 4 satellites I promise their was another problem.

    800w acquisition time without the "fix" is almost instant. When a person posts saying take cold starts take ten time longer than they really do people get misled.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by d23perry View Post
    I don't mean to further derail the thread but I had to respond. I had the exact opposite effect. My acquisition time is almost instant and my phone now shows double the satellites acquired (i.e. I went from 3 -4 satellites to 8 - 9).

    Thanks for everyones hard work on putting together these significant phone enhancements. I look forward to the next major breakthrough.
    Exactly what happened in my case, GPS much better after the fix.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    If you were getting just 3 to 4 satellites I promise their was another problem.

    800w acquisition time without the "fix" is almost instant. When a person posts saying take cold starts take ten time longer than they really do people get misled.
    Even if you are correct, the GPS update helped/corrected my phone. Since applyiing the update, I have improvement in my GPS performance.

    Thats the whole point off all of the updates... To improve the overall performance of the phone.

    Your negative experience doesn't seem to be the majority.
  16. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    because we have one person dictating what is a good fix or not and one person trying to define bugs and problems.
    Do you even have an 800w? If so, why? All you do is complain. If not, take your negativity elsewhere.

    Back on topic..... I voted. Too bad you can only list 10. There are a few others that could be there. Then again, if you list all the reg changes that made the 800w better, the poll can get big real fast.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Too bad you can only list 10. There are a few others that could be there. Then again, if you list all the reg changes that made the 800w better, the poll can get big real fast.
    Indeed!

    Part of the purpose of this poll was to see how many people are actually using the various fixes, but part of it was to inform people of the options that are out there.

    Looks like both goals are succeeding.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Do you even have an 800w? If so, why? All you do is complain. If not, take your negativity elsewhere.

    Back on topic..... I voted. Too bad you can only list 10. There are a few others that could be there. Then again, if you list all the reg changes that made the 800w better, the poll can get big real fast.
    Sorry Ebag, not on topic but can't resist with all the bickering that's been going on.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Do you even have an 800w? If so, why? All you do is complain. If not, take your negativity elsewhere.

    Back on topic..... I voted. Too bad you can only list 10. There are a few others that could be there. Then again, if you list all the reg changes that made the 800w better, the poll can get big real fast.
    Agreed, to much of this crap. It's time to grow up & move on.
  20.    #20  
    lol @ 2 people rating this thread 1 star.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions