1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to access the task manager quick menu w/o being on the today screen. I am considering handyswitcher but won't need it if I can get to the quick menu from anywhere.
    thanks,
    shannon
    Press control + ok buttoms.
  3.    #3  
    that doesn't do it for me. that brings up the task manager but not the "quick menu" that is normally accessed by tapping the icon in the top right corner.
    Oh I get it, that will not happen, unfortunately you have to use your fingers to access that quick menu. I use the built-in task manager found in the windows root directory, I then transferred a shorcut to windows\start menu\programs where it can be access by changing the "control" + "ok" buttom shorcut.
  5.    #5  
    oh, i'll try that.
    I don't mind using my finger, but I can only see the icon from the today screen.
    That's the only way, that task manager was designed by HTC, they threw in their .02 cents on this Palm Pro design.
  7.    #7  
    Ok. I tried the built-in task manager and it seems to work for me. Thanks for that info.

Now, slightly off topic...
    The communication manager task is not in the list after a soft reset, but after I use it one time it shows up in the built-in task manager even if I've closed it with the "x". If I close it with the task manager then it seems to be really gone.

Any idea on this one? I guess it's not a problem. I just thought it was kinda strange.
    I don't think that's a problem at all. You can also use the built-in Comm Manager by renaming the link the Pro uses to retrieve it via a registry tweak out there. I prefer the built-in ComManager.
  9.    #9  
    Yes, I'm using the comm manager on the today screen and it seems fine to me the way I'm using it.
    Thanks for your help.
    Shannon
    No Problem.