Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    So how many songs can realistically be put into a 16gb micro SD card on my Treo 800w and still have the windows media player work fluently?? Seems the more songs I loaded the worse the player gets (almost locks up and sometimes does). Takes forever to switch to next song or song to song. Any other player out there that would work better or is there another issue that I am not seeing here. Thx..... anyone?
    The 16 GB cards aren't particularly fast yet. Do you know what class of card you have?

If you wanted to listen to music, you might want to look into using an 8 GB card that's a higher class.

You can also look at some better music players which will buffer the songs better, and simply function more appropriately.
    I find it is pretty hard to max out card speed with the kbs throughput on songs. My videos with good stereo don't skip on my cheap card.

Are you "almost locking" up while playing or while workign the menus, sorting etc?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The 16 GB cards aren't particularly fast yet. Do you know what class of card you have?

If you wanted to listen to music, you might want to look into using an 8 GB card that's a higher class.

You can also look at some better music players which will buffer the songs better, and simply function more appropriately.

Thx - will try, what other players do you know of that work better to buffer songs?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I find it is pretty hard to max out card speed with the kbs throughput on songs. My videos with good stereo don't skip on my cheap card.

Are you "almost locking" up while playing or while workign the menus, sorting etc?

I think it is the media player along with my Treo 800w (player uses 82% of memory while running it looks like). another player maybe would work better? Mostly locking up prior to even starting up and the more songs on card the worse it gets.
    If you have a large playlist, that might be causing the problem.

No problems with using 1-2 gig playlists with my 4 gig class 2 card.

MortPlayer works quite nicely, if not as pretty as others (and it's free). You can create a custom skin for it.
    You can also try TCPMP which is light on resources but runs just about every audio and video format that you can think of.