Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ugggh, out of no where my treo 800w freezed and rebooted itself
    since then the phone is permanently stuck at Windows mobile 6.1 screen.

Since I have insurance i brought my phone to sprint store.
    I was simply asking if it's possible to replace to Touch Pro. I know i want to get Palm Pre once it's out i thought it'd be good time to play with different phone than palm phone in a long time.

Service rep was very rude, she had disgusted face and say "there's no way we will do that. Your phone is old and worse phone than Touch Pro". Hello? Is that something you want to tell your customer? So i asked her again since they are same price i don't see any reason why they can't. Straight forward, she told me if I want touch pro, buy it. otherwise I won't get it.

After this very unpleasant discussion, i waited another 45 minutes for them to test my phone, she told me that they'll order me a phone. I asked if there's any loan i can get, w/out a phone for 3 days?? are you kidding me? this is only line that i have. Sprint used to loan me a phone w/out any problem couple times when i had trouble with my phone.

Very rudely, we don't offer loan. If you want to buy a new phone you can purchase it but i can't return it. I asked her why then she told me cause i'm abusing and cheating the 30 days satisfaction guarantee. I asked for a manager and she told me she's the manager on duty. what a joke.

I didn't want to deal with her any more so i left the store. The funniest thing is she told me she'll call her once my replacement comes in lol. To where? she didn't ask me any other phone number she can reach!!!

Maybe it's time for me to leave sprint. Every time i visit their store, it makes me frustrated and pissed off rather being happy with sprint.

I don't know who to contact about this. Maybe i'll call the store and talk to the store manager or ask them to give me their district manager's number.

Sprint has been great for me past 8 years (most of the times), maybe time to switch to GSM and get Palm Pre unlocked instead of staying with Sprint
    Don't let one stupid Sprint employee ruin your day. I would have left right after she made the comment about your phone being "older and worse". That's just nonsense. There's no reason for her to say it like that.

I would first find out what her name is, call/email corporate and file a complaint against her, then go to another Sprint store in your area if you have one and see if they're any better. If that's not an option, call Sprint customer service, explain to them your situation and see what they can do for you. They can be more helpful than the store employees sometimes, especally if you explain your difficulties at the store.

Also, did you try doing a hard reset? That might have fixed the problem.
    Well that sucks. In a weird twist. When my first 800 crapped out on me 8 days after ownership I was in your shoes. Driving to the Sprint store I said to myself I need a back up device. So I have a Treo 700wx and Moto Q9C as back up devices. Luckily, the Sprint store had another 800 to give me that day. If not, yes I would be pissed to. Buy a 700wx on Craigslist ASAP.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Don't let one stupid Sprint employee ruin your day. I would have left right after she made the comment about your phone being "older and worse". That's just nonsense. There's no reason for her to say it like that.

I would first find out what her name is, call/email corporate and file a complaint against her, then go to another Sprint store in your area if you have one and see if they're any better. If that's not an option, call Sprint customer service, explain to them your situation and see what they can do for you. They can be more helpful than the store employees sometimes, especally if you explain your difficulties at the store.

Also, did you try doing a hard reset? That might have fixed the problem.
    Yes a hard reset won't fix it. They ordered me replacement phone. I can't believe she's a manager of the store. I couldn't go to the other one, i'm in chicago land area and it snowed so much, it took me already an hour to get this store. It'd take me another 1~2 hours to go to store that actually has repair tech.

I do have her business card, but i do not know where to contact to file a complaint =\
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Well that sucks. In a weird twist. When my first 800 crapped out on me 8 days after ownership I was in your shoes. Driving to the Sprint store I said to myself I need a back up device. So I have a Treo 700wx and Moto Q9C as back up devices. Luckily, the Sprint store had another 800 to give me that day. If not, yes I would be pissed to. Buy a 700wx on Craigslist ASAP.
    I do not have any backup phone now, idk what to do =\
    Why don't sprint have a loan proram? T-mobile and at&t does =(
    Sprint's policy is to not upgrade customers after 30 days.

People tend to abuse it, I remember back when you could take in your 650 and get a 700wx (or other phones). I've known a few people who went 3-4 years getting a new phone every 6-9 months and not paying a dime for it. Sprint has long since closed that down (for the most part).

Now, if you have a history of problems with a phone, or if there's a known and documented issue, then Sprint may chose to move you to a different phone. Typically they will move you to an equivalent one (which currently would be something like the 755p), or let you downgrade (IE: "I got this Smartphone 6 months ago and just can't use it, can I get an Instinct?").

They will generally not let you move to a newer phone unless you are particularly convincing. Sometimes they will let you move to a newer one if you pay the difference between what you paid for your current one (which is often at the "new customer" pricing) and the full price of the new one.

Sounds like you have a legitimate issue here, but unfortunately a bunch of other people have ruined the whole swap to a different phone thing that Sprint used to do.

You can try talking Sprint into giving you a newer phone, there are various excuses and reasons you can use, but one thing to be aware of is if they note your account that you are trying to game the system then you're going to have a nightmare of a time getting that done.

Sprint has a loan program, but it's only for people who are looking to get a new line of service rather than existing customers. Additionally I don't believe that all stores participate in the loaner program. The corporate store here does, but the non-corp one doesn't (and around here coverage is abig deal, as you can travel 15 minutes outside of town and have zero coverage).

Swapping phones is easy though, and can be done online (usually). I keep my 650 around for exactly that reason.

Should be easy to pick up a cheap candybar phone on Craigslist or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post

wise point of view and recommendation.
    Not being in the store with Amdxmania and the Sprint reps, I can't say what was going on that resulted in the "tone" that came across as rude from the Sprint reps.

But regardless of their tone, Amdxmania wanted an upgrade and was turned down. The Sprint reps offered a replacement 800w and had none in their local stock, so they told Amdxmania she'd have to wait for the replacement 800w to arrive. Amdxmania wanted a "loaner" so they'd have some ability to use a phone while waiting for the replacement 800w. (And given many people no longer have land lines, someone without their wireless device for days is really bad. Sure hope nobody important tries reaching Amdxmania over the next few days.)

Not considering "tone", the Sprint rep(s) answers to Amdxmania's questions were 100% Sprint policy. To get a free upgrade is not the norm and you've got to be pretty slick or have some leverage like being a corporate customer with several lines, to get a free upgrade when unhappy with a given device. Similar with getting a "loaner". Ebag333 being a former Sprint employee himself offered the true run down of how Sprint does it in his comment.

Bottom line, Sprint's policies do NOT suit Amdxmania's needs. Amdxmania would like a wireless service provider that at least offers loaners in cases like theirs. While I like Sprint because their rates are the best going, I stay with Sprint knowing the hassles that sometimes occur. For what Amdxmania wants and at this moment really needed, going to a wireless provider that offers such things as loaners would be a good move. Sure others have higher rates, but with that, someone like Amdxmania is provided a loaner when their device acts up. If Amdxmania wants to buy a "standby" device for when their main device dies, they could have done that at the Sprint store, but Amdxmania did not desire to buy a 2nd device. I guess Amdxmania could buy a cheap standby off Ebay, but nothing Amdxmania said leads me to feel they desire going that route.

Amdxmania, if you want a provider that offers things like loaners, you know other providers that offer such and so obviously moving to one of them would meet what you desire in a wireless services provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Not being in the store with Amdxmania and the Sprint reps, I can't say what was going on that resulted in the "tone" that came across as rude from the Sprint reps.
    That's pretty much why I avoided that whole part of the post and focused on what I could offer.
  10.    #10  
    I was asking few questions regarding if it is doable or not.
    I don't see any reason why customers can't request what they need. In the end if they accept my request that'll be great and if they don't then they don't.
    She didn't have any place to say Touch Pro is a superior phone than Treo 800w, and can't exchange it.

If Amdxmania wants to buy a "standby" device for when their main device dies, they could have done that at the Sprint store, but Amdxmania did not desire to buy a 2nd device. I guess Amdxmania could buy a cheap standby off Ebay, but nothing Amdxmania said leads me to feel they desire going that route.
    All I asked was if i can buy a phone that I can use right away and she replied to me I can purchase one with full price and can't return it.
    She didn't even check my eligibility to upgrade or anything (i'm way past due on contract since last year summer) as a customer why would I give business to a place like that??

Since she wasn't the person I talked to originally, she over heard what I said and thought I was trying to rip them off or so, what I said right before she jumped in was "Can you make something happen today? I drove 1.5 hours to get here through this snow storm. Make your customer happy"
    At this point, me and original guy done talking about upgrading to touch pro and I was simply asking let me walk with some working unit so i'll be able to use it.

No matter what customer says or try to do, they always have two choice to do. Reply in a manner that will give understanding to a customer or rudely make a customer angry.

I was asking them to do something crazy for me, sprint provided me before even it was 2 years ago and to me w/out knowing any policy changed or not they should provide me one again. Apparently they don't and that's something new to me and I have right to ask them why not. Asking doesn't hurt. The way she responded is questionable, not why a customer is asking.
    When I told her I had one before she said "No you didn't, it is not our policy"
    How can she deny my experience when she wasn't there as you say you weren't here when it happened.

While I like Sprint because their rates are the best going, I stay with Sprint knowing the hassles that sometimes occur
    Yes the bottom line is their rates that kept me with them and they've been good to me when I had problems and such, but good rate doesn't mean no questions when things happen.

I sent an email to sprint so let's see what happens from here.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That's pretty much why I avoided that whole part of the post and focused on what I could offer.
    Thank you, I just needed vent out haha
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    wise point of view and recommendation.
    Yup, I have her card and sent an email to sprint.
    Let's see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    She didn't have any place to say Touch Pro is a superior phone than Treo 800w, and can't exchange it.
    But that's why your request was turned down. If you had asked for a downgrade to something like the Instinct, you would have had a much better chance. The Touch Pro is Sprint's best phone and is selling like crazy. No one can keep them in stock. It shouldn't be much of a surprise that a store wouldn't offer a free massive upgrade from an 800w to a Touch Pro.
    If they didn't have the 800 in stock chances are they had zero Touch Pro's anyway. Seriously though when owning a PDA there are two things which are very important. 1- Have in Insurance. You just don't know, 2- Have a back up device. Again you just don't know.

The people at that store were very rude. I would form a complaint for the way you were treated. Either through Headquarters or BBB.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Sorry your having the issue. Check the sprint user's forum for the escalated customer care email(don't have the URL handy). You can also email dan@sprint.com. Neither path is quick, but you'll get a qualified ear for your complaint. I have had the same issue previously with my 700p (had to wait for a refurb). It would be nice if over zealous "upgraders" hadn't ruined the program for those with truly broken phones.

Good luck,
    Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    But that's why your request was turned down. If you had asked for a downgrade to something like the Instinct, you would have had a much better chance. The Touch Pro is Sprint's best phone and is selling like crazy. No one can keep them in stock. It shouldn't be much of a surprise that a store wouldn't offer a free massive upgrade from an 800w to a Touch Pro.
    That's entirely correct. Every Sprint person I've talked with never had a problem saying the Touch Pro is a step up from the 800w. And having owned both, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If they didn't have the 800 in stock chances are they had zero Touch Pro's anyway.
    Also correct, it's much harder to find a place with the Touch Pro in stock than the 800w. Even Sprint's web site has been posting "out of stock" message for the Touch Pro for weeks.
    Also correct, it's much harder to find a place with the Touch Pro in stock than the 800w. Even Sprint's web site has been posting "out of stock" message for the Touch Pro for weeks.
    They will offer you an extra $100 off the 800w if you try and start a new line asking for the the Touch Pro!

My brother just went to add a new line with the touch pro and he was offered the 800w for $100
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    They will offer you an extra $100 off the 800w if you try and start a new line asking for the the Touch Pro!

My brother just went to add a new line with the touch pro and he was offered the 800w for $100
    That's univeral now that the 800w is EOL. Sprint is selling them for $99 to flush the rest of their inventory to make room for the Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Sprint is selling them for $99 to flush the rest of their inventory to make room for the Pro.
    It's $199 right now, not $99.

Do you even check the site anymore? And for the record, Sprint has never sold a Treo for less than $199 AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

New line of service "deals" don't count either as that works for any phone--Sprint is will do anything to get a new customer. In fact, you should be able to get many of these phones for free (people have gotten Touch Pros for $99 with contract--look on Sprintusers and ppcgeeks)--just get them to add credits to your line, pretty easy.

Last edited by Malatesta; 01/12/2009 at 02:49 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Sprint's policy is to not upgrade customers after 30 days.

People tend to abuse it, I remember back when you could take in your 650 and get a 700wx (or other phones). I've known a few people who went 3-4 years getting a new phone every 6-9 months and not paying a dime for it. Sprint has long since closed that down (for the most part).

Now, if you have a history of problems with a phone, or if there's a known and documented issue, then Sprint may chose to move you to a different phone. Typically they will move you to an equivalent one (which currently would be something like the 755p), or let you downgrade (IE: "I got this Smartphone 6 months ago and just can't use it, can I get an Instinct?").

They will generally not let you move to a newer phone unless you are particularly convincing. Sometimes they will let you move to a newer one if you pay the difference between what you paid for your current one (which is often at the "new customer" pricing) and the full price of the new one.

Sounds like you have a legitimate issue here, but unfortunately a bunch of other people have ruined the whole swap to a different phone thing that Sprint used to do.

You can try talking Sprint into giving you a newer phone, there are various excuses and reasons you can use, but one thing to be aware of is if they note your account that you are trying to game the system then you're going to have a nightmare of a time getting that done.

Sprint has a loan program, but it's only for people who are looking to get a new line of service rather than existing customers. Additionally I don't believe that all stores participate in the loaner program. The corporate store here does, but the non-corp one doesn't (and around here coverage is abig deal, as you can travel 15 minutes outside of town and have zero coverage).

Swapping phones is easy though, and can be done online (usually). I keep my 650 around for exactly that reason.

Should be easy to pick up a cheap candybar phone on Craigslist or something.
    I second that about the defacto upgrades are gone.

But the OP poster said they will call when 800w are in stock so they are out stock therefore I think Sprint is obligated to give him or her the option of a similar comparable phone. Hence pro WinMo 6.1 and Hard Keyboard.

ASSURION the Phone Insurance company thru Sprint; will due a ONE TIME LIFETIME SWAP they are very clear its a ONE TIME SWAP. I did from my Mogul to the Curve when it first came out because I really really wanted one.
    Last edited by triplecore; 01/12/2009 at 03:04 PM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast