Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Look, I'm not even trying to challenge things your saying. It's just nsxprime keeps saying we can get a free upgrade--I'm trying to find out how that is possible/what to do.

It could be very helpful to users here at TC if they want to upgrade, especially if like the OP, they are having problems with their 800w--so I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it.

This is important to people like the OP who may want to upgrade.
    I'm getting a free upgrade and have already posted how and why. Searchie McSearch. It has to do with every 800w being full of defective hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    I'm getting a free upgrade and have already posted how and why. Searchie McSearch. It has to do with every 800w being full of defective hardware.
    Really, you're not exaggerating a little?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...42#post1548442
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    The sales people for the Sprint Treo Pro are pointing out it has true stand alone GPS and aGPS for a reason.

http://www.wmexperts.com/more-sprint-treo-pro-details

Their own words:
    The Treo Pro supports Assisted GPS and is also capable of Autonomous GPS. This means the Treo Pro is capable of acquiring a GPS signal even when you are not on the Sprint Network.
    It's obviously not something they take lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    The sales people for the Sprint Treo Pro are pointing out it has true stand alone GPS and aGPS for a reason.

http://www.wmexperts.com/more-sprint-treo-pro-details

Their own words:

It's obviously not something they take lightly.
    Yeah, Sprint is being very clear and loud about how well the GPS on the Treo Pro works.

As for the defective GPS on the 800w, those were Ebag's exact words. He's the foremost authority on GPS in these parts.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I got my third 800w replaced again today. The last replaced one(3 weeks old) is buggy. It acted funny and it just reset for unknown reason and I get missing email config. every now and then.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I got my third 800w replaced again today. The last replaced one(3 weeks old) is buggy. It acted funny and it just reset for unknown reason and I get missing email config. every now and then.
    So now you're on your 4th?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So now you're on your 4th?
    He passed me.

I think he said his device had a funky smell.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I think he said his device had a funky smell.
    Likely the cause of the other issues with that one .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345