Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    What I mean is I take care of my phone.
    I know what you meant .

Given your issues and the Treo Pro coming the 25th, which I noticed you said you wanted, you should try calling Sprint now that your account is marked as needing a replacement and see if they might bump you up to a Pro.

Can't hurt to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Good lord! That is a lot...WifiRouter already makes it kinda warm.
    Don't forget: newer devices have faster and more radios packed in a smaller body. Heat is now a problem more than ever.
    wifi router makes the 800w, pro and htc pro red hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I know what you meant .

Given your issues and the Treo Pro coming the 25th, which I noticed you said you wanted, you should try calling Sprint now that your account is marked as needing a replacement and see if they might bump you up to a Pro.

Can't hurt to ask.
    It's worth a shot. Chances are that your refurbished 800w will have problems as well so you can always try for the Treo Pro at that time.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I think not until Sprint run out of 800w, I will keep getting it.

I read on another threat that if your Mogul died, you now get the latest HTC Diamond something.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I just got my replaced 800w.

It got plastic on the screen and the back for the camera.

The thing smell like motel! I dont know the proper word for it is. I am going to dexot it tonight with Windex.

I score another cheap plastic styles and another battery.
    I just got my replaced 800w.

It got plastic on the screen and the back for the camera.

The thing smell like motel! I dont know the proper word for it is. I am going to dexot it tonight with Windex.

I score another cheap plastic styles and another battery.
    Bad luck. Maybe your next replacement will be a Treo Pro.
    Could be the rubberized-paint.

Sometimes when "fresh" it has a unique plastic smell for a few days, but it should dissipate on its own. My RedFly still has a bit of it if you were to sniff it directly

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Could be the rubberized-paint.

Sometimes when "fresh" it has a unique plastic smell for a few days, but it should dissipate on its own. My RedFly still has a bit of it if you were to sniff it directly
    Yup. My folks still complain about it, thought I think at this point it's mostly psychosomatic as they claim to be able to smell it 10' away, after having it several months, and I've cleaned it all quite well....

I could smell it when I first got it, but after cleaning it, it was just fine.

(Incidentally that's a beta unit. The wife's production unit has no smell to it at all.)
    Tell Sprint the thing stinks and let them figure out what to do about it.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Its the kind of smell when you walk into a 1* motel.

An antique smell?

Time to get my 800w warm and hot again. Maybe it will die in a few months, then I get the Pro.

I use back my old screen protector. Didnt even want to have anything new on it.
  11.    #51  
    Here's update on my situation.
    I got my replacement refurbished 800w last week wed and I'm sitting at sprint store again with problem with the phone. Hope that they can give me a different option than refurbished 800w.

Also today I went to t-mobile store.to pick up a G1. I'm actually using it to type this in the middle of sprint store haha.

Oh sigh, how uncomfortable slide out keyboard is... hope I get used to it.

Seems like I'll either go with G1 or iphone. Finally time to say good bye to sprint and palm treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    Here's update on my situation.
    I got my replacement refurbished 800w last week wed and I'm sitting at sprint store again with problem with the phone. Hope that they can give me a different option than refurbished 800w.
    Get used to it. If you can hold out for a few more days, the VASTLY superior Palm Treo Pro will be released by Sprint. Many are swapping out their 800w's for the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Many are swapping out their 800w's for the Treo Pro.
    Who are these "many"? Can you please cite some sources...

Someone at SU had their 700wx break this week and they still received a 700wx refurb--what evidence is there 800w users will be able to change out for the Treo Pro? Palm and Sprint are not giving away $550 phones.

When I called Sprint today (3 different calls), not one knew about a Treo Pro, so they could do nothing on my account.

Someone at SU had their 700wx break this week and they still received a 700wx refurb--what evidence is there 800w users will be able to change out for the Treo Pro? Palm and Sprint are not giving away $550 phones.
    Last I checked you could still buy a 700wx (corp business users). That was a couple months ago and could have changed...but I doubt it. Sprint will want to support companies with dozens (or more) of phones that do not want to upgrade.
    When I called Sprint today (3 different calls), not one knew about a Treo Pro, so they could do nothing on my account.
    Bad luck. Just stay persistent though and you might be able to swap out your 800w.
    Bad luck. Just stay persistent though and you might be able to swap out your 800w.
    He's not lying. Not everyone at Sprint is aware the Treo Pro is to be sold next week, but some of them are and some people are getting their accounts marked for a free upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    He's not lying. Not everyone at Sprint is aware the Treo Pro is to be sold next week, but some of them are and some people are getting their accounts marked for a free upgrade.
    Now that the Treo Pro is confirmed to have Standalone GPS and the 800w is confirmed to have defective hardware, the free upgrade should be easier.
    Now that the Treo Pro is confirmed to have Standalone GPS and the 800w is confirmed to have defective hardware, the free upgrade should be easier.
    I dunno, do you have confirmation on that? LOL

19.    #59  
    Once i get my replacement 800w, i'll be done with sprint.
    Probably go with iPhone. G1 is fantastic phone and after using a day i'm so in love with this device but no go for T-Mobile...

So after they done checking the phone the repair person came out and asked me why I'm here so often so I told him due to keep getting junkie refurbished phone.

She asked me refurbished? Who told me that? and showed her what the phone says under ##RTN#

After this incident, she's telling me if i install softwares not from them it'll void the warranty. hahaha are you kidding me??
    I asked her to show me written policy from the corporate that states installing softwares on windows mobile will void the warranty.

Of course she failed to provide me a documents and my heart is completely left the sprint.

I'll miss Treo's one hand usability.. until Pre comes out, i'll wonder around different phones.
    Replacement phones from Sprint are always refurbished. They're considered refurbished if they come back with no issues during the 30 days.

The refurb flag doesn't mean much, only that Sprint is not selling it as new.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast