Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post

ASSURION the Phone Insurance company thru Sprint; will due a ONE TIME LIFETIME SWAP they are very clear its a ONE TIME SWAP. I did from my Mogul to the Curve when it first came out because I really really wanted one.
    You're saying the Asurion will allow someone on request to do a one time swap UP to a better device?

And what about after that? Is the person still able to get coverage that would get them the same device they already have if they break it?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    You're saying the Asurion will allow someone on request to do a one time swap UP to a better device?

And what about after that? Is the person still able to get coverage that would get them the same device they already have if they break it?
    Yes they would just cover the new device.

ok long story short... my case

I had a Mogul it kept freezing overnight brought to the repair center they reapled with Mogul and another Mogul still not help. Met a rude person too adn they would not change my device to another phone. The Curve came out and I really wanted one so I called Assurion and complained to them about 30 min about how Sprint Sucks and how I will never by a HTC again. I then said at ATT I had a blackbery and it was problem free which it was because only thing a blackberry can do is email so if it couldn't then it would be pathetic and a pointless device. The man than told me about a one time swap and he made it very very very clear one time. And after he swaps it you can swap back. You also send them the old phone. Good luck, Sprint sucks but rember its dirt cheap so you can't complain. You get what you pay for and lower your expectation. Its the Taco Bell of Phone Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    Yes they would just cover the new device.

ok long story short... my case

I had a Mogul it kept freezing overnight brought to the repair center they reapled with Mogul and another Mogul still not help. Met a rude person too adn they would not change my device to another phone. The Curve came out and I really wanted one so I called Assurion and complained to them about 30 min about how Sprint Sucks and how I will never by a HTC again. I then said at ATT I had a blackbery and it was problem free which it was because only thing a blackberry can do is email so if it couldn't then it would be pathetic and a pointless device. The man than told me about a one time swap and he made it very very very clear one time. And after he swaps it you can swap back. You also send them the old phone. Good luck, Sprint sucks but rember its dirt cheap so you can't complain. You get what you pay for and lower your expectation. Its the Taco Bell of Phone Service.
    Thanks for the information. Not something I need to leverage at the moment, but something I'm certainly glad to now be aware of. All the money some of us have given Asurion over the years. It's not like we have not paid for this one time upgrade swap feature .
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by triplecore View Post
    I second that about the defacto upgrades are gone.

But the OP poster said they will call when 800w are in stock so they are out stock therefore I think Sprint is obligated to give him or her the option of a similar comparable phone. Hence pro WinMo 6.1 and Hard Keyboard.

ASSURION the Phone Insurance company thru Sprint; will due a ONE TIME LIFETIME SWAP they are very clear its a ONE TIME SWAP. I did from my Mogul to the Curve when it first came out because I really really wanted one.
    I didn't know Assurion has that option. i"ll consider that next time.
    The local Sprint store manager upgraded me from an 800W to a Touch Pro due to the 3rd 800W going bad. I now remember why I disliked a slider key board so badly, though performance is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The local Sprint store manager upgraded me from an 800W to a Touch Pro due to the 3rd 800W going bad. I now remember why I disliked a slider key board so badly, though performance is great.
    Yea it seems some people are having an easier time moving Sprint to upgrade them to a Touch Pro after issues with 3 800ws. I guess at that point perhaps Sprint has some financial model that notes its more cost effective to do the upgrade. (That's just speculation folks, don't go getting carried away as if I've said that's hard fact.)

I had 2 800ws that I was noticing defects in. I always said I would not waste time on a 3rd. So I had to force Palm's hand (no pun intended). (And a shame it had to be forced, because I was only holding them to their warranty to repair defects or provide a full refund.)

Regarding your issues with the slider, have you tried TouchPal yet? Personally, I'm doing well with the provided soft full qwerty, but many have reported TouchPal is great to have. I may try it sometime.
    Great upgrade. I was offered one but decided to wait for the Treo Pro.
    Somebody fill me in I would love a free upgrade. What problems did you have with your Treo 800w?

And did you actively Ask for upgrade or was it offered by them?
    Like D mentioned, there are onscreen keyboards that have buttons bigger than the 800 hard keys. I can use my Touch Pro with the onscreen keyboard featured on the device. One handed use is not an issue for me. You don't have to use the slider for everything. TouchPal is another program with huge press buttons.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    My new 800w that is 5 month old just died on me!

It will only go about 1/3 of the way on the Palm screen and it just sit there. I have done the Hard Reset and it is is the same. It just hang at that screen.

I do pay the $8 insurance.

So tomorrow I am going to take it to the Sprint store and let them check it out. (Most Sprint repair store close at NOON on Sat.) I just want another 800w and I hope they can give it to me on that day.

I been with Sprint for 1.5 yrs and this is my first time I had to do something about a phone that just died. Let see what kind of treatment I will be getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    My new 800w that is 5 month old just died on me!

It will only go about 1/3 of the way on the Palm screen and it just sit there. I have done the Hard Reset and it is is the same. It just hang at that screen.

I do pay the $8 insurance.

So tomorrow I am going to take it to the Sprint store and let them check it out. (Most Sprint repair store close at NOON on Sat.) I just want another 800w and I hope they can give it to me on that day.

I been with Sprint for 1.5 yrs and this is my first time I had to do something about a phone that just died. Let see what kind of treatment I will be getting.
    It sounds like your device is defective. It has been less than 1 year. This is not an issue to consider paying the insurance deductible for a replacement over. You should nag Sprint till they give you a free 800w, because you're still within the 1 year warranty period.

Although, you did get yours off Ebay right? So it would depend on if you purchased new from someone able to sell them new. But Sprint is accustomed to offering replacement 800ws, so you should not have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by triplecore View Post
    Somebody fill me in I would love a free upgrade. What problems did you have with your Treo 800w?

And did you actively Ask for upgrade or was it offered by them?
    Are you having some issues with your 800w, that cause you to desire another device?

If not, keep your 800w. If so PM me or e-mail me at darnell2009 [put an at symbol right here] hushmail.com and let me know the issues that cause you to want to get rid of your 800w.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yah I bought my new 800w from ebay about 5 months ago.

I use my 800w alot. The battery always get warm because it run Agile Messenger and Skype all day and I keep it plug in. Then I use WmWifrouter also. So I think my 800w does alot of work.

I had my Mogul for 1 yr and I sold it on ebay without dying.
    Yah I bought my new 800w from ebay about 5 months ago.

I use my 800w alot. The battery always get warm because it run Agile Messenger and Skype all day and I keep it plug in. Then I use WmWifrouter also. So I think my 800w does alot of work.

I had my Mogul for 1 yr and I sold it on ebay without dying.
    Well I found my 2nd 800w was having more issues over time that even RTN resets would not resolve. Keep in mind it was my 2nd, after having a 1st that Sprint confirmed defective before my first 30 days were up.

Anyway, I was not going to try a 3rd. I always said I'd never go as far as VRGT and try a 3rd.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    What device are you using now?

I just wonder what treatment I will get when I walk to Sprint store at noon today. Will I get a immediate replacement? Do I have to wait a few days? Will it be new or used? My 800w is spotless and no scratch mark anywhere.
    What device are you using now?

I just wonder what treatment I will get when I walk to Sprint store at noon today. Will I get a immediate replacement? Do I have to wait a few days? Will it be new or used? My 800w is spotless and no scratch mark anywhere.
    Your 800w is spotless, but not working .

I'm using a Touch Pro now. (The Mogul "replacement".) If you can wade through the off topic comments, I've noted various things I've noticed between the 800w and Touch Pro in this thread.

When you visit the Sprint store, be nice but stand your ground that you need a replacement. If they have some they'll probably give you one on the spot. You might have a better shot at getting a new one if they have some on site. Might be a good idea to check several Sprint stores if the first you visit does not have any.
    A few weeks ago I had to get mine replaced due to a broken charging port. I took it to the Sprint store up the street but they directed me to the repair center. I know they had a display 800w but don't know if they had any in the back. At the repair center, they didn't have the parts so they ordered me a new(refurb most likely) which arrived a couple days later. Luckily my old one was working except for the charging port (I have a spare battery so I was okay there) so I wasn't out a phone. As an aside, I was kind of pleased because shortly after getting my first one, I had gotten a tiny bit of super glue on the edge of the screen (don't ask) and it was bugging me, although it didn't interfere with anything.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    What I mean is I take care of my phone.

I just walk to a Sprint store near my work place. They print out a paper and said it will be ready in 1 hr. So I will walk back there and see what happen.

I dont think I will get a new 800w but if a replacement is ugly, I might go to another store and try.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I just got back.

They have to order me another 800w. They cant get it past the boot screen, just like me.

This is one of Sprint authorized reseller.

It will be here on Monday around noon and I can call in to find out.

The guy said it will be a refurbished. They say Sprint doesnt give new phones past 30 days.
    Good lord! That is a lot...WifiRouter already makes it kinda warm.

Don't forget: newer devices have faster and more radios packed in a smaller body. Heat is now a problem more than ever.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast