Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I was looking around for Sprite Backup help and I noticed that the current version of Sprite is 6.5.4.

The version that came with the 800w is 6.1.0 so I started thinking about upgrading. I noticed that they have upgrade plans for $10 for those upgrading from version 5. Would we have to pay this $10 to upgrade from within the same version, and if not, how should we go about upgrading?

Edit:
    After more searching I found this:
    Sprite Backup 6.xx series customers:

If you have purchased Sprite Backup Version 6.xx you can use your existing authorisation code on all Sprite Backup 6.xx releases. You can download the latest version here: Download Sprite Backup 6.5
    You can get the code here.

Edit2:

I can't seem to get a code though....
    Last edited by tli415; 01/09/2009 at 08:23 PM.
    Doesn't the 800w have the "lite" version of Sprint Backup? Seems the newest "lite" version does not offer much worth coming out of pocket for if you're already happy with what you have.

The full version is what has the real bells and whistles, like a means to extract individual files from a backup file.
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post

Edit2:

I can't seem to get a code though....
    Seems like they're trying to press you to pay.
    Actually, you can extract individual files with the lite version too.

I guess they're trying to make 800w owners pay, but having it built into the 800w already for free, the built in version is pretty good. Looking over the features the 800w probably comes with the full version.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Actually, you can extract individual files with the lite version too.

I guess they're trying to make 800w owners pay, but having it built into the 800w already for free, the built in version is pretty good. Looking over the features the 800w probably comes with the full version.
    Yeah; the version we have now is great, but I wanted to see what the newer version has to offer.

I wouldn't say we got it for free...seeing as how I paid $300 after contract for it. We paid for it one way or another.
    Hey tli415, I'm playing around with Sprite Backup 6.5.4 for my Touch Pro. Since SKTools backup does not allow me to make notes on backup files. (Plus I want some of the other bells and whistles the other backup utilities have. I honestly would rather have Resco backup, but when I tested it on my Touch Pro I got some errors during backup. I'm not sure if those errors when trying to backup some files were nothing to worry about or a big deal, but I'm not taking any chances.)

With Sprite backup's newest versus what is on the 800w, I think the 800w version is good enough for you who have it. The newer version has a totally remade interface, but pretty much the same features on the device. It does run a little faster now, but I would not tell anyone with the built 800w version of Sprite backup to make the jump to this new version. The desktop utility is improved. It does allow more control over what settings are on the device, but overall what you have is good. If I still had an 800w and paid for the upgrade I'd feel I sort of wasted money.

But hey, the interface is redone and nicer looking. If the visual icons on the 800w version irk you, get the upgrade .
    When I first got my 800w I noticed that the more recent version of Sprite (6.2 at that point) had a feature I particularly wanted (something seemingly trivial like suppressing the "backup success" message, but it was important to me). I think there was a bug fix I needed as well. I contacted Sprite support and they were very nice... gave me the upgrade for free.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Thanks for your input guys.
    The new release fixes a bug that occasionally caused the backup not to be good. Happened to me a few times. The new release has a problem on my system, as I use Bluetooth exclusively. When the device reboots, it will not reconnect again with the laptop, otherwise it works fine. I though am sticking with SPB Backup.