Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So the Smartphone Round Robin has wound down, and I'm back home with my Treo Pro. I recently posted my video review and also announced that we've extended the Round Robin until January 10th due to some of us not finishing everything in the allotted time. But of course that just gives all of you more time to get more entries in for a chance to win a Palm Treo Pro.

It was hard not being able to use my Treo Pro or Centro all those weeks of the Round Robin. I always had them nearby and even took some comparison shots of both devices for my Round Robin articles. I had a few work-related texts sent to my Centro, but other than that, I never used the Centro or the Treo Pro during the Round Robin.

Read more

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've noticed a lot of AT&T phones being used in the round robin, what about Verizon versions? The HTC Fuze is similar to the HTC Touch Pro but there are still differences and there are even differences compared to the Sprint version of the phone.
    interesting to hear how much you like the G1 OS. Almost thought u were talking about palm oS when us suggested it was easy to use. Funny how that's android's first incarnation and it sounds so much better then MS mobile
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver;
    I actually wouldn't mind owning a Fuze myself someday.
    It would be my next next choice - 2nd to my Treo Pro.
    (Because of it being WM)

But like I said in another thread; 'It's thicker than I expected'
    Even looking at the pics, it continues to look thinner than it appears.
    Just call me Berd.
    I am sooo excited to see what comes out at CES tomorrow!! I'll be hanging on that liveblog's every word...

Thanks as always for all the great insights!
    gsm = eassy to switch phones amongst the writers for the round robin. pop in your SIM and go
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    hohoho... today was much quieter than the 1st day of CES for mobile phones in my opinion... didnt heard much announcements..
    will be an interesting one this morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    So the Smartphone Round Robin has wound down, and I'm back home with my Treo Pro. ...
    I didn't realize you owed us another review. Good deal for us as we wait for the BIG, SECRET ANNOUNCEMENT today! I just hope Palm doesn't refer to me as "the fat middle of the market" again.

The Treo Pro comes through rather lukewarm in the review, though. Sounds like the hot ticket might be the Treo running Android or, if we're lucky, Nova. Maybe even a Centro variation for you folks with tiny hands and good eyes.
    Pre-what?
    Only a few hours left till we know what Palm has in store for us! I can't wait... I still think the Treo Pro is a great-looking device, though, sleek and slim, and I'm worried that this vertical slider thing they're unveiling today will be too clunky. But only time will tell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamina View Post
    Only a few hours left till we know what Palm has in store for us! I can't wait... I still think the Treo Pro is a great-looking device, though, sleek and slim, and I'm worried that this vertical slider thing they're unveiling today will be too clunky. But only time will tell!
    It's a little thicker than I would of liked, but still a winner.
    Just call me Berd.
    Is January 25 still supposed to be the day Sprint can start selling the Pro?

The other day I called them up and asked about the Pro, just to see what would happen. Two different reps acted (convincingly) like they had never even heard of the device.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    now the attention is all at palm pre... =)
    I entered the cabin and saw 3 phones on the table.

The first phone, called the Centro, was so small that I could barely type on it and the tiny screen hurt my eyes. The display looked familiar but old. Without wifi it took forever to download the TreoCentral page. I set it down.

The second phone, called the Pre (aka Rubenphone), was only a little larger but was mostly screen with a modern look. Sadly, few of my trusted programs were available and there was no way to load them from my microSD card. When I brought up TreoCentral in landscape mode and tried to type a comment, the slideout keyboard was sideways! And the logo on the front--no, not Sprint!! I set it down.

The third phone, called the Treo Pro, looked like an adult version of the Centro. It was sleek and well-proportioned. The keyboard was easy to use and there were so many Windows programs, including one that runs my older Palm programs, that I could do anything I wanted. Neither too large nor too small, neither too old nor too new--just right!
    Pre-what?
    They just extended the RR for 10 more days!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    They just extended the RR for 10 more days!
    That would be a joke!
    Pre-what?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    he posted the same thing in android forum as well =D
    Yea, but they didn't get it.
    Palm needs to hurry up and release a GSM Pre so it can be in the next RR.
    A funny I saw on another site: "When the Pre grows up it will be called the Premature." Sorry.
    Pre-what?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast