Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm trying to connect a TOMTOM One XL via bluetooth to my Treo 800W so i can use the TomTom services.
    On the phone, I search for new devices and phone sees the TomTom ONE Xl via bluetooth I enter the passcode and it connects to the TomTom.

On the TomTom, i go to "manage Phones" and it sees my phone and asks to connect, I select yes then get the following message.
    "The required features could not be found for this phone."

What features from the phone is the tomtom looking for and how do i get them on my phone?

Is there a different GPS that i can get that will connect to the 800W without a problem?

I know my the phone can do everything that this standalone GPS can do but there is no way that i'm going to try and follow directions from the little screen on the phone.
    i've done much googling on this, and it appears whatever the One XL is looking for, only a small number of phones have. I don't know what's limiting it specifically, all i know is i can't get this partnership to work at all......
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've done some more searching and still come up with nothing.. anyone else have any ideas??
    the way you should do it -

use the tom tom to search for the phone - enter "0000" on your phone when prompted and then you can proceed to set up hands free and data.

I have the TT 720 and my Treo will no make a connection that way. My phone keeps refusing the connection as an invalid password. If I set it up the way you state in your post I can get hands free but I can not use the dial pad on the GPS to dial.

From what I understand WM 6.0+ also changed the way data is handled when tethered to another device. They are hacks for this but since I can not get the phone to really connect I can not say if it works or not.

when i had my blackberry tt plus service was nice when I could get it to work but i usually had to fiddle with it for about 20 minutes to get it to work and then if i got a call i had to do it all over again.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Try using GPSGate also. I use it as middle man and it work with my TomTom7 with my internal GPS and an external BT GPS.
    I believe he is trying to connect his phone to his TomTom PNA device and not run TomTom on his phone
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Try using GPSGate also. I use it as middle man and it work with my TomTom7 with my internal GPS and an external BT GPS.
    I downloaded and installed GPSGate but can't figure out how to make it work with my tomtom standalone ONE XL.
    I tried and I had no luck also. I think it only works with GSM phones.
    GPSGate works just fine with the 800w.

http://franson.com/gpsgate/guide.asp...s&platform=ppc

It takes a bit of setup, but it will work.