1.    #1  
    So, I just a Sync and Charge cable from SPE in addition to the car charger and wall charger adapters. These are all S&C for the TP specifically.

First off, my USB ports work fine with the OEM treo cables and any other USB, miniUSB, or MicroUSB devices that I use, which are numerous. Second, my Treo charges and sync's fine using the OEM cable connected to the PC and charges as expected using the OEM cable and the OEM wall adapter.

That being said that the involved hardware works fine in other scenaries, I'm having problems and I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same.

1) using the TP and S&C direct to the PC, I lose the connection without moving stuff. The Treo will just connect and disconnect. It doesn't seem to be able to maintain the connection like the OEM cable can

2) charging TP using the S&C and either the wall or car adapter, the TP's screen illuminates likes its connected to an external power source, but the red charging light doesn't turn on, the battery indicator does not show charging, and the unit doesn't charge.

3) that being said, plugging my Jabra BT530 to the S&C and wall adapter seems to charge it fine

.....thoughts?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I have the SPE S&C cable also. I got it in and haven't been able to get it to charge the TP at all. I've tried many different USB ports on several machines with no luck. It does occasionally say that it's charging, but the battery % will fall. I don't have any other devices that I can test it with. I did call them and they said they'd send me another one, but after reading your post I'm not expecting much. I'll let you know if the second one they send me works any better. I have gotten the usb charger from Palm to work, but it is even kind of hit or miss for me. I am kinda frustrated with the whole usb charging thing at this point ....
    Shannon
    I got my replacement cable in today and it seems to work.
    I did notice something though. I've seen that some people have reported having to have Activsync installed on the machine before charging would work via USB. I noticed that after activsync is installed (even though I don't use activsync) the device becomes recognized and a "Generis RNDIS" driver gets installed. For me this seems to be the key. On machines where the device isn't recognized and that driver is not installed the device won't charged - even though it says it's charging. That driver apparently gets installed with Activesync. Even after uninstalling Activesync the TP is still charging fine.
    Hope this helps and I didn't butcher the explanation.

Shannon
    Last edited by scollins; 01/07/2009 at 06:48 PM.
    several wm devices require either a special version of a standardcable in order to charge (i.e. the q9h) but I wasn't aware the treo pro was one of them. Could be I am wrong, but my hunch is that it might be a bad cable. definitely email or call tc store customer service.
    TreoCentral Store
    I will be more than happy to assist with the sync and charge cable issue with Treo Pro. I will need an order number to reference which cable was purchased. As Dieter mentioned some cables are for specific uses.
    Diana Kingree, VP TreoCentral
  6.    #6  
    I actaully got it directly from the SPE site. And yes, all of the items were supposed to be for the Treo Pro, I made sure of that.

This is a copy of the email that I just sent. We'll see what the outcome is.

Hello, I have been having some difficulties with the accessories for the Treo Pro. Here are the various scenarios that I have tried

The following show me that my PC, my Treo Pro, and OEM items work

OEM Wall + OEM usb cable = works to charge, charge indicators on both the screen and top of the device illuminate

OEM usb cable + PC USB port = works to sync and charge as expected, consistent strong connection, as long as connected

Now, with the new accessories, many problems:

SPE S&C cable + PC USB port = intermittent connection, that connects and disconnects quickly and frequently. When connected, the charge indicators on both the screen and top of the device illuminate and it does sync, but the connection never lasts long

S&C cable + SPE wall charger = The screen will turn on, as though connected to an external power supply, though neither of the charge indicators (top of the device and the on-screen battery indicator) illuminate and, over time, the device does not charge as evidenced by it actually losing charge.

S&C cable + SPE car charger = The screen will turn on, as though connected to an external power supply, though neither of the charge indicators (top of the device and the on-screen battery indicator) illuminate and, over time, the device does not charge as evidenced by it actually losing charge

OEM cable + SPE wall charger = The screen will turn on, as though connected to an external power supply, though neither of the charge indicators (top of the device and the on-screen battery indicator) illuminate and, over time, the device does not charge as evidenced by it actually losing charge

OEM cable + SPE car charger = The screen will turn on, as though connected to an external power supply, though neither of the charge indicators (top of the device and the on-screen battery indicator) illuminate and, over time, the device does not charge as evidenced by it actually losing charge

The only scenario that works is:

S&C cable + OEM wall charger = works fine, as expected, charge indicators on both the screen and top of the device illuminate

So, I’m not sure what to make of it, but it sure doesn’t seem like things work well. Please advise.

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

7.    #7  
    got an email and RMA from them, they said that after additional testing they found that the accessories had insufficient power output for the TP

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey View Post
    got an email and RMA from them, they said that after additional testing they found that the accessories had insufficient power output for the TP
    That is interesting.

I'd like to get one of the "new" ones then!
  9.    #9  
    I don't know if the next batch are ready yet or if there is even a next batch. It seems like, for now, they just know that the current lot doesn't really work

10.    #10  
    I can confirm that the BoxWave VersaCharger and their mini-sync do work as they are supposed to