1.    #1  
    Yep, I am going to need some serious help here. My 800w seems to be dead. It happened when I unplugged it from it's regular overnight charge and the screen never woke up. So I pulled the battery to soft reset it. Palm screen gray bar gets about 1 cm in and then the screen flashes white quickly and the progress stops.
    So I trying pulling the battery and putting it back in, holding END. Same thing. I did it a few times, and once the bar got all the way through with a quick jump, then stopped. Twice the bar jumped to the end, then a blue screen with gray boxes on the left appeared and froze. See image.
    Putting battery in with left side button held in results in blue screen with boxes as well.

Same things all happen with wall charger plugged in.

Someone please help me! I just got my phone exactly how I wanted it.
    Had java, opera mini, realvga, no other major hacks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    That happened to one other person. Very odd.

Here's what I'd try:

1) Leave battery out of phone for an extended period of time (IE: 4 hours). See if this fixes it.
    2) Go down to the Sprint store and have them use another 800w/centro battery in the phone.
    3) While at the Sprint store, get them to replace it if step 2 doesn't work.

(Honestly I'd probably start with step 2.)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That happened to one other person. Very odd.

Here's what I'd try:

1) Leave battery out of phone for an extended period of time (IE: 4 hours). See if this fixes it.
    2) Go down to the Sprint store and have them use another 800w/centro battery in the phone.
    3) While at the Sprint store, get them to replace it if step 2 doesn't work.

(Honestly I'd probably start with step 2.)
    Even without TEP I can get a replacement? I would figure the warranty should cover this, but idk with these companies. I don't have a car, so I will be trying number 1 for a while here.

Thanks.
    This should be covered by warranty, yes.

If you're convincing and a good Sprint customer, you can probably get Sprint to swap out the phone rather than going through Palm.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Wow. This is exactly what happened to mine. I took it to the Sprint store and they replaced it. I did have insurance, but the phone is still under warranty by Palm. If Sprint won't replace it, you can always call Palm and they can fix it or replace it.
    Palm support is just wonderful. Five hours of phone time, today 40 minutes on a Centro that is dead. Just wonderful. This is my first and now last use of Palm support. When you call them, be happy. Be real happy and be prepared...
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hi Samadam, I am a representative for Sprint. There are several different repair and replacement options even if you don’t have the Total Equipment Protection plan. If your phone is less than 30 days old, our Defective Phone Team at (877)697-9584 will replace it for free with a brand new one.

If the phone is between 30 days and 1 year old, it is still on warranty but there is a warranty deductible to have it replaced at an Authorized Repair Center or through our Advance Exchange program. For repairs or replacements due to mechanical or electrical failure or normal wear and tear, PDA devices such as the Palm Treo are $55.00. The Advance Exchange program is like having the phone replaced at a repair center, but it is shipped to you and then you ship back the old one. If the phone is less than 1 year old, you can also have it replaced through Palm through the manufacturer’s warranty.

If the phone is older than 1 year, you can still have it repaired or replaced at a repair center or through the Advance Exchange program, but it will be a full price replacement. Alternately, you could have us check for you to see if you’re eligible for an upgrade.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Sprint View Post
    Hi Samadam, I am a representative for Sprint. There are several different repair and replacement options even if you don’t have the Total Equipment Protection plan. If your phone is less than 30 days old, our Defective Phone Team at (877)697-9584 will replace it for free with a brand new one.

If the phone is between 30 days and 1 year old, it is still on warranty but there is a warranty deductible to have it replaced at an Authorized Repair Center or through our Advance Exchange program. For repairs or replacements due to mechanical or electrical failure or normal wear and tear, PDA devices such as the Palm Treo are $55.00. The Advance Exchange program is like having the phone replaced at a repair center, but it is shipped to you and then you ship back the old one. If the phone is less than 1 year old, you can also have it replaced through Palm through the manufacturer’s warranty.

If the phone is older than 1 year, you can still have it repaired or replaced at a repair center or through the Advance Exchange program, but it will be a full price replacement. Alternately, you could have us check for you to see if you’re eligible for an upgrade.
    Thanks. I took it to a sprint store and was told that I would have to go to palm for warranty repairs. Palm's website says that they support the local distributors and that I should be able to get an easy replacement under warranty at the store where I bought the phone. This appeared to not be the case. Instead I contacted palm and have sent the phone in to them for repairs under warranty. Not ideal. I know my family is on Verizon, without insurance, and whenever they have a faulty phone they just take it in to a store and get a quick replacement. This has been somewhat disappointing relatively, but hopefully the phone will be fixed and get back to me soon. Then I can pick up a pre.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I thought you dont have to pay the $55 if the phone just died thru no fault of your own and it has not been drown in water.
  10.    #10  
    To complete the saga:
    I sent my 800w to palm. I couldn't last long without a phone, so I bought a very well used 700wx. Palm apparently didn't want to repair the phone, so they just mailed me a brand new 800w for free. Now, of course I am not complaining about this, but I do have to wonder, do I want to keep using the 700, or go back to the new 800? Are GPS, WiFi, and a slightly thinner form factor worth $150 (on craigslist) and a much shorter battery life?

Hrm. Probably, knowing me.
    Don't forget the faster processor, more memory, 6.1 (natively), 320x320 screen, soft touch paint, lack of an antenna 'nub', and better keyboard (I loved the 700wx's keyboard and still like it, but I find I'm much faster on my 800w due to the buttons being shallower).
  12.    #12  
    Okay, you win me over. The keyboard is way better. That stylus is hard to compare though...maybe I will splurge for the seidio one before the Pre. Thanks for the help. Maybe I will get a case this time to prevent the scratched directional problem this time. Or I wonder if anyone wants to trade for a Treo Pro?